#AceFoodNews says “Hunger and Malnutrition” remain critical issues in contemporary India, despite key economic advancements. However, on National Education Day (Nov 11), an event saw the launch of the first ever Gurgaon Food Bank, marked a successful feat – a step in the right direction – in this seemingly insurmountable challenge.
Delhi Food Bank (DFB) and its partners, building upon its critical success – in the presence of key dignitaries and supporters – helped to launch the Food Bank in Gurgaon, Haryana. The occasion also marked the end of its intensive Food-A-Thon 2013 campaign by honouring key organizations and individuals for their contribution at an awards ceremony.
There are vast numbers of transitionary populations in places such as Gurgaon in search of better economic opportunities, who as well as other vulnerable populations, face serious nutrition challenges that have a plethora of negative impacts on their lives.
READ The FULL STORY AT: AFN
- US Sen. Reed urges Congress to aid food banks (boston.com)
- As Thanksgiving nears, Fort Worth food bank in need of donations (wfaa.com)
- Quinn urges Illinois residents to donate to food banks (stltoday.com)
- Connecticut Food Bank Receives More Than $20,000 in Donations from Affinion Group Employees (prnewswire.com)
- Holidays Bring Increased Need to Food Bank RGV (valleycentral.com)
- Food Bank Needs Turkey Donations (wreg.com)
- Turkey giveaway has begun at Oak Park food bank (sacbee.com)
- Technology executives to take the plunge for food bank (timescolonist.com)
- Capital Area Food Bank tries to meet growing demand during holiday season (wjla.com)
- Stockton Food Bank Draws Thousands for Thanksgiving (fox40.com)