“I think they (the West) are just giving a whole lot of lip service to wanting to resolve the situation in Syria. I also believe they have [taken] Syria exactly where they wanted,” said Soraya Sepahpour-Ulrich in a Saturday interview.
She noted that Syria’s military might, which has long been considered as a strong force capable of standing against Israel, is being engaged with terrorists and thugs in the country.
“Instead of Syria being able to protect itself from outside dangers, danger has been sent inside Syria, chaos has been created to basically weaken the Syrian military and the United Sates and the Western countries are fully, 100 percent behind this,” Sepahpour pointed out.
Syria has been gripped by deadly unrest since March 2011. According to reports, the Western powers and their regional allies — especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey — are supporting the militants operating inside Syria.
According to the United Nations, more than 100,000 people have been killed and a total of 7.8 million of others displaced due to the violence.
- Syria’s Aleppo: Civil War Has Destroyed What Was Once The Cultural Jewel Of The Middle East (mintpressnews.com)
- Syria: Genocide by International Consensus (wikileaks-forum.com)
- Christian Syrian Refugees Denied Visas to West (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- The inevitable consequences of the Syrian Civil War (maxbrod.wordpress.com)
- Iraq-Syria (lrb.co.uk)
- Syria reaches out to Pope Francis (cnn.com)
- WikiLeaks Party Members Visited Top Syrian Regime Officials (yallasouriya.wordpress.com)
- ‘West doesn’t want Syria crisis to end’ (therebel.org)