#AceWorldNews – PHILIPPINES (Manila) – October 15 – Philippines police on Wednesday filed murder charges against a US Marine over the death of a transgender Filipino, Reuters said.
- Philippine police file charges against U.S. Marine in murder case
“Based on two witnesses’ testimonies, we believe we have a strong case against the US Marine,” said Pedrito delos Reyes, police chief of Olongapo City.
The body of Jeffrey Laude, 26, was found in a hotel room on Saturday.
Manila also wants to take custody of Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton while he stands trial, according to a senior Philippines official.
He also warned that the case could damage military ties between the allies.
- compose new post
- go to top
- go to the next post or comment
- go to the previous post or comment
- toggle comment visibility
- cancel edit post or comment