‘ RIYADH SPECIAL CRIMINAL COURT SENTENCE THREE MEMBERS OF AL-QAEDA TERROR CELL TO DEATH ‘

#AceNewsServices – RIYADH – Nov.18 – A special criminal court in Riyadh has sentenced to death three members of a terror cell for killing 20 people and injuring 35 others at the Oasis Residential compound in Alkhobar in the Eastern Province, and the Al-Mohayya complex in Riyadh in separate attacks.

Five were each handed 30-year jail terms.

The victims of the terror attacks included BBC photographer Simon Cumbers. His colleague Frank Gardner was critically wounded and is now wheelchair-bound.

There were also Saudi civilians and policemen among the victims.

'Al-Qaeda had assigned him and others to storm the Oasis complex in 2004 '

‘Al-Qaeda had assigned him and others to storm the Oasis complex in 2004 ‘

The first defendant, N. Boqami, chief of Cell 86, said Al-Qaeda had assigned him and others to storm the Oasis complex in 2004.

They had been told that US forces had kidnapped and detained several Sunni Iraqi women during the 2003 invasion.

However, he denied all other 27 charges against him, including storming into a facility of the APICORP and the Oasis compound carrying grenades, assault rifles and revolvers on May 29 and holding 45 hostages.

The state contends that he was accompanied by Al-Qaeda members Turki Al-Motairi and Abdullah Al-Sobaie during the operation.

The charge sheet accused them of killing 10 people of various nationalities including two industrial security officers and a cop. It was also claimed that they were party to the assault and murder of 12 and injuring 20 security officers in an encounter at the Waha compound.

The state also accused Boqami of ascribing to the takfiri ideology — to declare other Muslims non-believers — questioning the Holy Qur’an, Sunnah and the creed of the early Muslim ummah.

Source: Arab News – BBC World News  

#ANS2014 

#al-qaeda, #death, #killed, #sentenced, #wounded