#AceNewsReport – July.17: Three men were detained in the raids that targeted a number of properties, including one linked to a neo-fascist Italian political party: The early morning raids followed a year-long anti-terrorism investigation into Italian far-right groups who fought in eastern Ukraine, local media said.
In a statement issued on Monday: Turin police said one of the men arrested was a customs officer who had previously stood for parliament for the neo-fascist Forza Nuova party: At his home in Gallarate, police found nine assault weapons and nearly 30 hunting rifles, pistols and bayonets, as well as ammunition and antique Nazi plaques featuring swastikas: “The police investigation … came into being because of the activities of some Italian fighters with extremist backgrounds who had taken part in the armed conflict in the Ukrainian region of Donbass against the separatists,” the police statement said.
Key points: Video: During their search, police discovered a French-made air-to-air missile (ABC News)
- Police said the French-made air-to-air missile appeared to have once belonged to Qatar
- The suspects had tried to sell the missile on WhatsApp
- 26 guns, 20 bayonets, 306 gun parts and more than 800 bullets were also seized
Weapons from Austria, Germany and US
Two other men were detained after police found a French-made Matra missile at an airport hangar that appeared to have once belonged to the Qatar armed forces: “During the operation, an air-to-air missile in perfect working order and used by the Qatari army was seized,” the police statement said.
Police said the suspects had tried to sell the missile in conversations with contacts on the WhatsApp messaging network: Among other weapons uncovered were 26 guns, 20 bayonets, 306 gun parts — including silencers and rifle scopes — and more than 800 bullets of various calibre’s: The arms were primarily from Austria, Germany and the United States: At least 30 Italians have joined the fight on both sides of the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
Early this month, three men were found guilty by a Genoa court of fighting alongside the Russian-backed separatists who control a large swathe of Ukraine’s Donetsk and Luhansk regions: More than 10,000 people have been killed since 2014 in fighting between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces in eastern Ukraine: Skirmishes with Ukrainian government troops continue, but the frontline has remained static for more than a year.
#AceNewsDesk report ……………ABC/wires Published: July.17: 2019:
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports & #Brittius says are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ Ace News Services Posts https://t.me/AceSocialNews_Bot and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts on AceBreakingNews.WordPress.Com or become a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews all private chat messaging on here https://t.me/sharingandcaring