#AceNewsReport – Dec.19: Monsanto has repeatedly argued the science says glyphosate is safe, as do regulators across the world: In the US, Monsanto was ordered to pay out hundreds of millions of dollars in damages to four cancer patients, with thousands more plaintiffs awaiting trial: The lawyers representing the class action allege Monsanto misled consumers by suggesting the active ingredient in Roundup, glyphosate, was safe and did not pose a health risk to humans who followed the company’s product safety directions.
LHD Lawyers managing director Matthew Berenger said they would also allege Monsanto breached consumer product safety guarantee provisions in the Australian Consumer Law.
“At the moment, we’ve got 70 to 80 non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma sufferers, who range from farmers to people who worked at council, to just your mum and dad, who have been using the product around the house, to hobby farmers” he said.
“The lead plaintiff formerly did weed spraying as an occupation.”
- It’s alleged Monsanto misled consumers by suggesting Roundup’s active ingredient didn’t pose a health risk to humans who followed safety directions
- Lawyers say those registered for the class action developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, allegedly as a result of exposure to Roundup
- German pharmaceutical company Bayer bought Monsanto last year and refutes any claims Roundup causes cancer
A second class action had also been lodged in Victoria’s Supreme Court by Carbone Lawyers, with representatives attending the Federal Court hearing today:
Mr Berenger said the two parties had been encouraged to talk to each other, but no court orders were made regarding which class action would take precedence: In a statement, LHD lawyers said those who had registered for the class action had developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, allegedly as a result of their exposure to Roundup in agricultural and domestic settings.
“Most group members have suffered physically, emotionally and financially as a result of their diagnosis, having been required to undergo extensive treatment programs and being left unable to work or with limited capacity,” Mr Berenger said.
The lead applicant is South Australian man John Fenton who worked as a farm hand in rural Victoria, during which time he claimed he was exposed to Roundup on a regular basis.
#AceNewsDesk reports …………Published: Ace Daily News TELEGRAM [Dec 19, 2019 at 11:18] READ FULL DIRECTIONS REPORT HERE: https://t.me/acenewsdaily/207525 OR via Ace Worldwide News Group https://ift.tt/34z5A1t
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News here: https://t.me/SterlingPublishingPanel and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts as a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews