#AceNewsReport – Feb.27: A man has pleaded guilty to making a series of bomb hoaxes: Christopher Butterfield, 63 (06.07.56) of Tadworth, Surrey, pleaded guilty to six counts of bomb hoax at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 26 February.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Croydon Crown Court on a date yet to be arranged: Butterfield was arrested in Surrey on Monday, 24 February and charged the following day:
MET LATEST: Man pleads guilty to making bomb hoaxes
The arrest followed a joint operation between the Met and Surrey Police following six separate bomb threats at commercial premises across south London and Surrey:
- On Sunday, 16 February at approximately 11:45hrs, Met officers attended a supermarket in Beddington Lane, Waddon;
- On Monday, 17 February at approximately 13:50hrs, Met officers attended a supermarket in Beddington Lane, Waddon;
- On Friday, 21 February at approximately 11:30hrs, Surrey Police attended a supermarket in Banstead High Street, Banstead, Surrey;
- On Friday, 21 February at approximately 11:00hrs, Surrey Police attended a shop in Sutton High Street, Sutton;
- On Friday, 21 February at approximately 16:30hrs, Surrey Police attended a supermarket in Kiln Lane, Epsom, Surrey;
- On Saturday, 22 February, at approximately 16:20hrs, Met officers attended a shop in Valley Retail Park, Croydon.
Following the threats, the stores were evacuated, officers attended and searched as a precaution: All incidents were deemed non-suspicious hoaxes.
Developing report please check back for more updates ….
#AceNewsDesk report ………………Published: Feb.27:2020:
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com