#AceHealthReport: Aug.01: CDC is advising consumers, restaurants, and retailers not to eat, serve, or sell any onions from Thomson International, Inc., or food made with these onions. This advice applies to red, white, yellow, and sweet onions:
CDC Report: Investigation Update: Multistate Salmonella Outbreak Continues to Grow; Now Linked to Red Onions
CDC says several states, and FDA continue to investigate a rapidly growing outbreak of Salmonella Newport infections. Red onions have been identified as the likely source. An update is posted here: https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/newport-07-20/index.html
- CDC is advising consumers, restaurants, and retailers not to eat, serve, or sell any onions from Thomson International, Inc., or food made with these onions. This advice applies to red, white, yellow, and sweet onions.
- Although red onions have been identified as the likely source, other types of onions may be contaminated due to the way onions are grown and harvested.
- If you don’t know where your onions are from, don’t eat, serve, or sell them or any food prepared with them.
- Epidemiologic and traceback information showed that red onions are the likely source of this outbreak.
- The traceback information collected identified Thomson International, Inc., of Bakersfield, Calif., as a likely source of red onions in this outbreak. Additional traceback is ongoing to determine if other onions are linked to the outbreak.
- Since our last update on July 24, 2020, an additional 184 ill people have been reported in this outbreak, including 37 from 11 new states: Alaska, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas.
- A total of 396 ill people have been reported from 34 states. 59 people have been hospitalized. No deaths have been reported.
- This investigation is ongoing. CDC will provide more information as it becomes available.
- CDC: Report: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0731-salmonella-red-onions.html
- The CDC is advising consumers, restaurants and retailers not to eat, serve or sell any red, white, yellow, or sweet onions from the supplier because they “may be contaminated due to the way onions are grown and harvested.”
- Salmonella infections can cause diarrhoea, fever and stomach cramps: Young children, older adults and people over 65 are at highest risk of severe illness:
- #AceHealthDesk report …………Published: Aug.01: 2020:
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com