#AceNewsReport – Dec.28: Backing of EU27 paves way for new arrangements between UK and EU to come into force on 1 JanuaryThe post-Brexit trade and security deal has been unanimously backed by EU member states, paving the way for the new arrangements to come into force on 1 January: At a meeting of ambassadors in Brussels, the 27 member states gave their support for the 1,246-page treaty to be “provisionally applied” at the end of the year:
#Brexit U.K. & E.U Trade & Security Deal ‘ Provisionally Done ‘ & ‘ Formally Completed ‘ on Tues.05: 2021: at 15:00hrs with just a parliamentary vote on Wed.30: Dec: 2020:
The decision will be formally completed by written procedure at 3pm central European time (1400 GMT) on Tuesday:
What are the key points of the deal?
15 hours ago
Almost at the 11th hour, the UK and EU have struck a Brexit deal that will have many implications for everyday life and the UK’s future relationship with other countries.
The full complicated agreement is over 1,200 pages long, but here are some of the key points.
- There will be no extra charges on goods (tariffs) or limits on the amount that can be traded (quotas) between the UK and the EU from 1 January.
- However, there will be extra checks at borders, such as safety checks and customs declarations, so businesses that rely on transporting goods to and from the EU will need to be ready.
- For services, including finance – which is very important to the UK economy – the situation is still slightly unclear. Services will lose their automatic right of access but the UK said the agreement “locks in market access across substantially all sectors”.
- There will no longer be automatic recognition of professional qualifications such as doctors, nurses and architects.
- UK nationals will need a visa for stays of longer than 90 days in the EU in a 180-day period, and there will be extra border checks for UK travellers.
- EU pet passports will no longer be valid.
- British travellers will still be able to access emergency health care in the European Union. European Heath Insurance Cards, (EHIC) cards will remain valid until they expire. According to the UK government, they will then have to be replaced by a “UK Global Health Insurance Card”.
- The UK and the EU will co-operate on “fair and transparent rates for international mobile roaming” but there is nothing stopping British travellers being charged for using their phone in the EU and vice versa.
- The UK becomes an independent coastal state and can decide on access to its waters and fishing grounds.
- But EU boats will be able to fish in UK waters for some years to come at least.
- 25% of the value of their current catch will now become available for UK fishing boats, but there will be a transition period of five-and-a-half years where that is phased in.
- After the transition period the UK and EU will regularly negotiate on access to each other’s waters.
European Court of Justice
- The UK will no longer be bound by judgements made by the European Court of Justice, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said.
- The UK will no longer have automatic access to key databases, but should be able to gain access upon request.
- The UK will will not be a member of Europol – the EU’s law enforcement agency – but it will have a presence at its headquarters. This will be a similar to the arrangement the US currently has.
- The UK will no longer participate in the Erasmus exchange programme– an EU scheme that helps students study in other countries, and in its place will be a new scheme named after the mathematician Alan Turing.
- Students at universities in Northern Ireland will continue to participate in Erasmus, as part of an arrangement with the Irish government.
#AceNewsDesk report …………Published: Dec.28: 2020:
Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com