(TEXAS) JUST IN: Authorities in Texas have opened a criminal investigation into a tragedy in which the crowd at a huge Travis Scott rap concert surged toward the stage in a crush that killed at least eight people and sent dozens to the hospital #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Nov.07: Around 50,000 people were in the audience at Houston’s NRG Park on Friday night when the crowd started pushing toward the stage as Scott was performing, triggering chaotic scenes.

#AceDailyNews says according to US Media News Report: Texas authorities have opened a murder investigation into music festival crush tragedy after it was alleged that people were being injected with syringes ….

“People were being pushed, people were being trampled, and then as I fought my way out of there, I saw people on the ground,” Logan Morris, a Dallas native who was at the show, told AFP.

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner told reporters yesterday afternoon that the crush left eight people dead, from ages 14 to 27, with one person’s age unknown. The chaos also resulted in 25 people being transported to the hospital, including 13 who were still there.

Mr Turner said authorities are looking at video footage, talking to witnesses, concert organizers and people who were hospitalized.

“This is a very, very active investigation, and we will probably be at it for quite some time to determine what exactly happened,” he said.

The criminal investigation will involve both homicide and narcotics detectives, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner told reporters.Houston Police Chief Troy Finner speaks to the media

Houston is known for staging high profile events, but the city had never experienced anything “of this magnitude that any of us can recall,” Mr Turner added.

More than 300 people were treated on the scene for minor injuries in the first night of the two-day Astroworld Festival, which Scott helped organize, authorities said.

Survivors described chaotic scenes of people squeezed up against one another with many struggling to breathe.

Gavyn Flores, 18, said he was standing on the edge of the crowd near a barricade and could not move, for hours on end. He said he tried to hoist people over that wall.

“People were trying to get out, but you can’t move. So there kind of wasn’t a point of trying to get out, because they couldn’t. But if they could, we were trying to help them get thrown over,” Mr Flores told AFP.The two-day festival has been cancelled

“I am absolutely devastated by what took place last night,” Travis Scott tweeted Saturday. “My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.”

More than 520 police officers and 750 security guards were on hand for the festival.

Astroworld organizers canceled the rest of the festival, which had been scheduled to continue on Saturday.

#AceNewsDesk report ……………..Published: Nov.07: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#astroworld, #texas