NIGER: ‘ Boko Haram kill at least 30-people in cross-border raids ‘

#AceNewsReport – NIGER:June.18: Boko Haram militants attacked two villages in southern Niger’s Diffa region overnight, killing at least 30 civilians, Reuters reported security sources as saying Thursday.

It was the second major cross-border attack by the Nigerian Islamist group this week.

The raid also follows twin suicide bombings in Chad’s capital on Monday that killed at least 34 people.

@AceNewsServices

Ace Worldwide News

#abubakar-shekau, #al-qaeda, #boko-haram, #chad, #islamism, #ndjamena, #nigeria, #suicide-attack

Boko Haram Militants ‘Seize Young Mothers’ in fresh attack


Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau has demanded prisoner releases

Boko Haram gunmen have reportedly kidnapped up to 40 young mothers from an area near Chibok, the village where more than 250 schoolgirls were abducted nearly two months ago. The exact number of women taken in the latest raid is thought to be at least 20 – although one local leader from Borno state put it as high as 40. The kidnappings happened on Saturday in and around the village of Garkin Fulani, five miles from Chibok.

“Available information revealed that the gunmen came around noon and abducted 20 women and three young men left to keep watch on the village,” said one local man. “All the males in the settlement were away in the bush with their herd (of cattle) for grazing when the abductors came to the village. “We tried to go after them when the news got to us about three hours later, but the vehicles we have could not go far, and the report came to us a little bit late,” he said


separate attack in the state of Adamawa was foiled, police say

There was no immediate indication of where the women were taken and there had been no contact from the kidnappers. A local official of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (Macban) said the young women were singled out and put into vehicles before being driven away. Similar kidnappings for ransom have been going on in the area for some time but locals have been too afraid to speak out because of fears of reprisals from the Islamist militants, the official said. “This is not the first time women are being kidnapped in this area and only released when we pay cattle ransom to the kidnappers. It has happened several times,” he said.

Many girls escaped a few weeks ago: https://acenewsservices.com/2014/05/28/breaking-kidnapped-boko-haram-girls-escape-captors/


A protest held in Lagos called for the return of the Chibok schoolgirls

Locals always paid the ransom but do not inform the authorities, he said. A Borno state government official said the authorities were aware of the kidnapping of women from the village but denied knowledge of previous abductions. “This is the first time we are hearing abduction of Fulani women and we are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the kidnap and necessary action to take,” he added. In another incident, the country’s defence ministry said troops had prevented raids by Boko Haram this weekend on villages in Borno and neighbouring Adamawa state, with soldiers killing more than 50 militants on Saturday night as they were on their way to attack communities. The military has come under rising criticism from Nigerians who say they are not being protected and are being left to fend off attacks by Boko Haram on their own. The militant group, which wants to establish Islamic state in Nigeria, has been taking over villages in the northeast, killing and terrorising civilians and political leaders


A policeman on the phone before the start of the Lagos rally

#40-young-mothers, #abubakar-shekau, #seize-young-mothers, #boko-haram, #chibok, #militants, #new-attack, #nigerian

Nigeria Leader Cancels Visit To Girls’ Village


No visit from the president

Nigeria’s president has cancelled his first planned visit to the village from which nearly 300 girls were kidnapped, due to security fears. Instead of going to Chibok in northeast Borno state, Goodluck Jonathan is flying direct from the capital, Abuja, to Paris for a regional summit to discuss Boko Haram and wider security issues. “The president was planning to go but security advised otherwise on the visit,” a source said of the last-minute decision to cancel. Sky News TV Special Correspondent Alex Crawford, who is in Chibok, said the families of the kidnapped girls were “very upset and very angry” at the cancellation.


Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau

She said: “As one father of an abducted girl told me: ‘If it’s not safe enough for the president of Nigeria to come to Chibok, how on earth does he feel about us residents of Chibok living here?’ “The families are feeling very, very helpless and growing increasingly angry at what they still feel is the lack of efforts to try and track down their missing daughters. “The parents pointed out the girls were in the capable hands of the government, it wasn’t as it they were at home with us, they were in a school where we expected them to be safe.”


There has been national outrage at the kidnappings

She went on: “There was a sighting of truckfuls of the girls several hours after they were taken when the militants’ truck broke down in the neighbouring school and still no-one came out to help them and no-one was able to stop them.” Boko Haram’s leader Abubakar Shekau last week threatened in a video to sell the girls into slavery unless the government freed rebels being held but the president has ruled out a prisoner exchange. A total of 223 girls are believed to still be missing


Enoch Mark, whose daughter is among those missing

A social media campaign has galvanised international pressure on Nigeria to mount a rescue operation with Britain, the US, France and Israel all sending teams and equipment to help. But the president’s cancellation is expected to draw further criticism of the government’s handling of the crisis. The US has been critical of Nigeria’s “slow” response to the kidnapping, saying resolving the crisis was not “one of the highest priorities of the US government”.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/16/us-nigeria-girls-president-idUSBREA4F07C20140516

#abubakar-shekau, #boko-haram, #cancels-visit, #enoch-mark-angry-father, #girls-village, #goodluck-jonathan, #leader, #missing-girls, #nigeria, #nigeria-leader, #northeast-borno-state

` Exclusive Interview with one of the Chibok Girls who Escaped ‘

#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA – EXCLUSIVE – VIDEO – May 12 – Some 200 children who were abducted in Chibok in northern Nigeria had been locked in their school by their teachers, who ran away, on the night Boko Haram gunmen made their raid nearly a month ago.

That was the account given exclusively to Arise News by one of the girls who escaped from a Boko Haram camp.

Charles Aniagolu travelled to Chibok in Borno province with an Arise News team.

This is his exclusive report. 

Sorry cannot obtain video but here is the link to interview Editor: ARISETV

#ANS2104 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #abubakar-shekau, #africa, #boko-haram, #borno, #borno-state, #chibok, #nigeria, #united-states

` Nigeria Rejects Conditions Set-Out by Boko Haram Leader ‘

#AceBreakingNews – NIGERIA – May 12 – Nigeria on Monday rejected conditions set out by Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau for the release of more than 200 kidnapped schoolgirls. Shekau said in a new video that the girls held hostage by the Islamists may be released once Nigeria frees all militant prisoners.

Interior Minister Abba Moro told AFP the government would reject the swap. 

“The issue in question is not about Boko Haram… giving conditions,” he said.

#ANS2104

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #abubakar-shekau, #afp, #agence-france-presse, #boko-haram, #islamism, #monday, #nigeria, #shekau

Boko Haram Video Claims To Show Missing Girls

A new video issued by Boko Haram claims to show some of the nearly 300 schoolgirls missing in Nigeria, who the group’s leader says have converted to Islam. AFP reported that Boko Haram’s leader said the girls would not be released until members of the terror group being held in prison are freed. More than 300 youngsters were abducted from a school on April 14 from the northeastern town of Chibok, in Borno state. Some 276 are still missing.


Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau speaks on the video for 17 minutes

In the video, Abubakar Shekau speaks for 17 minutes before showing what he says are about 130 of the girls, wearing full-length hijabs and praying in an undisclosed rural location.One of the girls then appears to talk directly to the camera.


The girls were shown wearing Hijabs and praying

None of the youngsters appears to be visibly distressed, but it appears as if they are clearly under duress. Holding a pad of paper in his hand, Mr Shekau tells the camera: “These girls, these girls you occupy yourselves with their affair we have indeed ‘liberated’ them. We have indeed ‘liberated’ them.


Two of them hold a flag in the background


One of the girls comes forward and talks to the camera

“You are doing many things (to them). And now you are talking about these girls. We will never release them until after you release our brethren.” Sky’s News Correspondent Alex Crawford who has spoken to a father of one of the kidnapped girls says he does not want the government to release Boko Haram prisoners in exchange for his daughter. He told her: “Its not right. They’ll do it again.”


Doctor Reuben Abati told Sky News Nigeria will not pay a ransom

A special adviser to the country’s president Doctor Reuben Abati told Alex Crawford there were lines the government would not cross in the hunt for the girls Speaking after it was revealed authorities had made indirect contact with Boko Haram, Dr Abati said: “The government of Nigeria has no intention to pay a ransom or to buy the girls, because the sale of human beings is a crime against humanity. “The determination of the government is to get the girls and to ensure that the impunity that has brought this about is checked and punished.” Boko Haram’s leader Abubakar Shekau has threatened to sell the girls “at the market” and some are believed to have already been taken out of the country. The search for the girls remains centred on the huge Sambisa forest, which is three times the size of Wales. France said that Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan had agreed to attend a summit in Paris on Saturday to discuss what to do about Boko Haram. Britain has been invited, as has the EU, the United States and the four countries bordering Nigeria: Benin, Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

#abubakar-shekau, #boko-haram, #have-become-muslims, #missing-nigerian-girls, #nearly-300-schoolgirls-missing, #nigeria-will-not-pay-a-ransom, #show, #some-276-are-still-missing

AceBreakingNews NIGERIA May 12 Abubakar Shekau leader of…

AceBreakingNews – NIGERIA – May 12 – Abubakar Shekau, leader of Nigeria‘s Islamist Boko Haram militant group, said in a video seen by AFP on Monday that he would release more than 200 schoolgirls abducted by his fighters in exchange for prisoners.

About 100 girls wearing full veils were reportedly shown on a 17-minute video praying in an undisclosed location.

Ace Related News:

#AceBreakingNews – NIGERIA – May 12 – Nigeria on Monday rejected conditions set out by Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau for the release of more than 200 kidnapped schoolgirls. Shekau said in a new video that the girls held hostage by the Islamists may be released once Nigeria frees all militant prisoners. May 12 – 17.20 GMT 

Interior Minister Abba Moro told AFP the government would reject the swap.

“The issue in question is not about Boko Haram… giving conditions,” he said. 

http://wp.me/p165ui-5h4

#ANS2014 

Enhanced by Zemanta

 

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/boko-haram-using-nigeria-schoolgirls-as-bargaining-chips-to-seek-militants-release_931518.html

SKY NEWS – May 12 – 19.54 GMT:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/pictures-appear-show-276-abducted-184004787.html

#aceworldnews, #ans2014, #abubakar-shekau, #afp, #africa, #agence-france-presse, #boko-haram, #government, #islamism, #monday, #nigeria

Nigerian Govt ‘In Contact With Boko Haram’ over kidnapped girls


Boko Haram has reportedly blown up two key transit bridges near the borders

Nigerian authorities have made indirect contact with the Islamist group behind the abduction of more than 250 schoolgirls. Intelligence sources also told UK Media that Nigeria’s neighbours – Chad, Cameroon and Niger – are providing satellite imagery to help find the teenagers. More than 300 youngsters were kidnapped from a boarding school in Chibok in the northern Borno state on April 14. It is thought 53 managed to escape, but 273 are still missing. Security experts from the UK, US and France are assisting Nigerian authorities in the rescue operation. But media News sources have learned the militants are likely to have laid booby traps and landmines to stop the girls being found.

Search efforts have been further hampered by reports that two important bridges near the borders with Chad and Cameroon have been destroyed by militants in the last week, hindering rescue teams. The rescue operation has been focused on the vast Sambisa forest near where the girls were abducted. However there are also reports that some have been trafficked across Nigeria’s borders. They are believed to have been split into four different groups. Boko Haram’s leader Abubakar Shekau claimed responsibility for the school raid in a video earlier this week. He threatened to sell the girls, who he described as slaves, “on the market.”


Abubakar Shekau has threatened to sell the girls ‘on the market’

The militant group has also admitted carrying out a bomb attack in the capital Abuja on the same day as the abduction. The Nigerian military has had tip-offs that the group could now be planning another attack on a nearby market. The government has faced fierce criticism over its failure to contain the Islamist group’s five-year insurgency, which has left thousands dead. However the brazenness of April’s mass abduction has particularly shocked the international community and triggered a major social media campaign. Pope Francis is among the latest high-profile figures to take part. He tweeted: “Let us all join in prayer for the immediate release of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria #BringBackOurGirls.”

#276-schoolgirls, #abubakar-shekau, #boko-haram, #in-contact-with-boko-haram, #kidnapped-girls, #missing-school-girls, #nigeria, #nigerias-government, #nigerian-authorities, #nigerian-govt-in-contact

`Saudi Arabia’s Top Cleric Condemns Boko Haram Saying Group is Set to Smear Islam ‘

 

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – May 09 – Saudi Arabia’s top cleric has condemned Nigeria’s Boko Harem and its kidnapping of 200 school girls, saying the militant Islamic group is “set up to smear Islam.” Sheikh Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh said the radical movement, which wants to create a pure Islamic state in Nigeria, was “misguided”.

His comments come as religious leaders in the Muslim world, who often do not comment on militant violence condemned Boko Harem’s leader Abubaker Shekau, for saying that Allah had told him to sell the kidnapped girls as forced brides.

Boko Harem kidnapped 270 girls from a secondary school on April 14, fifty have since escaped.

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #abubakar-shekau, #allah, #april-14, #boko-haram, #boko-harem, #islam, #muhammad, #muslim-world, #nigeria, #saudi-arabia, #secondary-school