#AceNewsServices – BRITAIN – Nov.15 – Scotland Yard has launched an investigation into claims that a child was killed by a pedophile ring with high-level connections to the British government Press TV reported.
The UK Police said the death was reported by a man who claims he was also abused by the group.
The officers working with Operation Fairbank, which examines claims about a pedophile ring with links to government, became aware of allegations concerning “serious non-recent sexual abuse”, which is said to have occurred more than three decades ago, a Scotland Yard spokesman said.
“Our inquiries into this over subsequent weeks have revealed further information regarding possible homicide. Based on our current knowledge, this is the first time that this specific information has been passed to the Met (metropolitan police),” he said
“At this early stage in this inquiry, with much work still to do, it is not appropriate to issue appeals or reveal more information,” the spokesman added.
The claims are being investigation under the codename Operation Midland.
“We will not comment upon speculation as to the identity of any person or locations that may or may not feature in this inquiry,” the spokesman said.
The prevalence of sexual harassment at Westminster came under intense scrutiny last year after it was revealed that senior Liberal Democrat peer Lord Rennard had exploited his former position as chief executive to abuse women.
#AceBreakingNews – BRITAIN – Nov.11 – A review into how the Home Office handled files containing high-profile historical child abuse allegations has been published Sky News just reported.
NSPCC Chief Executive Peter Wanless was brought in to investigate after an internal review found the department had “lost or destroyed” 114 files between 1979 and 1999.
Mr Wanless and Richard Whittam QC were asked to address allegations that the Home Office failed to act on information received about abuse allegations in the 1980s.
The report found it had not been possible after some 30 years to establish exactly what had been given to the Home Office and what action had been taken because there was no system of routinely recording such referrals.
But the authors said extensive searches had not uncovered evidence of “organised attempts” by officials to conceal child abuse.
The report found no evidence that the Home Office had funded the notorious pro-paedophile Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) – but said the possibility could not be dismissed entirely.
Facing questions about his review from MPs on the Home Affairs Select Committee, Mr Wanless said he found Home Office record keeping was “a mess”.
#AceFriendsNews – Nov.10 – In recent years, nearly every police force in the country has examined historic abuse in children’s homes.
Fifty private schools have also been investigated. If organisations responsible for looking after children in the 1970’s and 80’s got it so wrong how can we blame the BBC for failures over Jimmy Savile or the Liberal Party over Cyril Smith?
And what light does it throw on how it was possible for widespread abuse in Rotherham to be ignored over many years?
#AceMustRead: Source: via Child Protection in a Hostile Environment by Wally Harbert | cathyfox.
#AceNewsServices – EL SALVADOR – November 06 – In a country terrorized by gangsters, it is left to the dead to break the silence on sexual violence AP reported.
Rather, to the bodies of women and girls pulled from clandestine graves, raped, battered and sometimes cut to pieces.
They attest to the abuse committed by members of street gangs who take girlfriends, discard them when they know too much, then deliver them to group rape and murder.
Al-Jazeera reported about the violence against women, in 2013 as endemic levels of sexual abuse and gender based violence have made El Salvador one of the most dangerous countries in the world for girls and women, amid entrenched “machismo” attitudes and a criminal justice system that too often fails victims.
More than seven sexual attacks were reported every day in the first three months of 2013 – a 17 percent rise in 12 months, according to official police figures.
Two thirds of the reported 636 rapes and sexual offences were committed against children under the age of 18. El Salvador has a population of 6.2 million.
While much of the country’s escalating violence over the past decade can be blamed on street gangs and drug traffickers, the most risky place for girls and women is still at home.
In January alone this year, police received 243 complaints of domestic violence – a 23 percent year-on-year rise.
Information gathered by the feminist organisation Ormusa (the Organisation of Salvadoran Women for Peace) reveals that most sexual assaults involve girls aged between 12 and 17 and take place at home.
Sexual crimes are usually committed by a close relative or family acquaintance while the mother is out working.
One in three pregnancies in El Salvador involves a teenaged girl, often the result of abuse, according to NGO Plan International.
Too many girls end up in relationships with much older men in order to escape poverty or violence at home, Roxana Ramos, a primary care nurse working with pregnant teens in Chalatenango, told Al Jazeera.
‘Tip of the iceberg’
Women and girls also bear the brunt of kidnappings – another violent crime which blights the country and causes huge anxiety among the population. In the first four months of 2013, almost 500 kidnappings were reported – 60 percent involved girls and women, according to the National Civilian Police (PNC).
It is widely believed that PNC figures represent only the “tip of the iceberg” of actual crimes committed, as fear, mistrust of authorities, social stigma and a lack of awareness among many women about their rights keeps many from speaking out. Conviction rate figures are not publicly available.
A prevailing machismo attitude among the police, prosecutors and judiciary in particular continues to be a huge obstacle to justice for women.
Sources: AP – AL-Jazeera – PNC
#AceWorldNews – BRITAIN (London) – July 16 – Doctors, teachers, care workers and former police officers are among more than 600 suspected paedophiles arrested following a massive nationwide police operation.
The operation initially targeted people suspected of accessing indecent images of children on-line, but some of those arrested have now been charged with a wide range of offences, including serious sexual assault.
A total of 660 people were arrested as part of the operation and spokesman for the NCA said more than 400 children throughout Britain had been safeguarded.
Many of those arrested were people who had access to children in the course of their work.
The majority had not previously been on the police’s radar and had not previously been arrested for sex offences.
None of those arrested is a serving or former MP or member of the Government, according to the NCA.
Phil Gormley, deputy director general of the NCA, said: “This is the first time the UK has had the capability to coordinate a single targeted operation of this nature. Over the past six months we have seen unprecedented levels of cooperation to deliver this result.
“Our aim was to protect children who were victims of or might be at risk of sexual exploitation.
#AceNewsServices – MANILLA – April 07 – Police in the Philippines have filed a complaint for child trafficking and child abuse against a holidaying Italian diplomat arrested at a resort south of the capital Manila in the company of three boys.
Senior Supterintendent Romulo Sapitula of the Philippine National Police told the Associated Press on Monday that Daniele Bosio was arrested on Saturday at a resort in Laguna province.
The arrest came after members of the child rights group Bahay Tuluyan alerted the police.
The 46-year-old Bosio is the Italian ambassador to Turkmenistan.
Bosio is accused of violating child trafficking and child abuse laws in the Philippines, Lily Flordelis, executive director of Bahay Tuluyan Foundation, told Al Jazeera.
Flordelis and her deputy, Catherine Scerri, saw Bosio at the resort with the three children, and reported him to the police on Saturday evening.
“We were concerned, because it was obvious that he was not related to the children,” Flordelis said. “We only found out later that he is a diplomat.”
The arrest was confirmed by the Italian foreign ministry, according to the Agence France Presse news agency.
According to a 1992 child protection law in the Philippines, any adult who is seen in public with an unrelated child with an age gap of at least 10 years can be reported to police, Flordelis said.
Section 2. Declaration of State Policy and Principles. – It is hereby declared to be the policy of the State to provide special protection to children from all firms of abuse, neglect, cruelty exploitation and discrimination and other conditions, prejudicial their development; provide sanctions for their commission and carry out a program for prevention and deterrence of and crisis intervention in situations of child abuse, exploitation and discrimination. The State shall intervene on behalf of the child when the parent, guardian, teacher or person having care or custody of the child fails or is unable to protect the child against abuse, exploitation and discrimination or when such acts against the child are committed by the said parent, guardian, teacher or person having care and custody of the same. http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1992/ra_7610_1992.html
Bosio is also accused of violating a separate law on child trafficking. The 2003 law prohibits the “recruitment, transportation, transfer or harbouring, or receipt of persons with, or without the victim’s consent or knowledge, within or across national borders” by means of coercion, fraud and deception.
Section 2. Declaration of Policy. – It is hereby declared that the State values the dignity of every human person and guarantees the respect of individual rights. In pursuit of this policy, the State shall give highest priority to the enactment of measures and development of programs that will promote human dignity, protect the people from any threat of violence and exploitation, eliminate trafficking in persons, and mitigate pressures for involuntary migration and servitude of persons, not only to support trafficked persons but more importantly, to ensure their recovery, rehabilitation and reintegration into the mainstream of society. http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2003/ra_9208_2003.html
AP – Al Jazeera – Contributions from Child Safety Group’s – ANS2014
#AceWorldNews – EGYPT – March 29 – Brutal beatings, sexual abuse, and electric shocks are being carried out on detainees, including teenage children, in Egypt, according to testimonies gathered by the BBC.
As many 20,000 people are estimated to have been held since last July in a sweeping clampdown on dissent.
A growing number are now emerging from police stations and prisons with serious allegations of torture.
The claims are denied by the military-backed interim government.
For 15-year old Ahmed Abdel Fattah, the trouble began on 24 January, when his fondness for his mobile phone cost him his freedom.
He was using the phone to film an Islamist protest near his home in Sharqiya Province, north of Cairo.
“I was curious,” he said. “Why shouldn’t I film something that I see every night on TV?”
When some local thugs tried to steal the phone he refused to hand it over, so they handed him over to the police.
The softly-spoken and neatly dressed teenager says that was the start of 34 days of torture at a local police station.
“They electrocuted me in sensitive places like my spine, here and here on my arms, and in sensitive areas like between my legs,” he said, gesturing to the areas.
“And when they electrocuted me I used to fall down on the ground, and I could not stand up. At the same time they were beating me. And sometimes they would throw water to increase the voltage.”
Ahmed said he got special attention from the police – in spite of his youth – because he was suspected of belonging to the banned Muslim Brotherhood.
Courtesy of BBC – Read More including Videos of interviews – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-26790381
#AceWorldNews says that according to the BBC – Saudi Arabia has signed an agreement with Indonesia aimed at protecting the rights of Indonesian maids following allegations of abuse.
The 1.2 million domestic workers will no longer be deprived of their passports and will also be guaranteed a monthly wage and time off.
Before allowing recruitment to continue, Indonesia’s government will wait to see how the deal is implemented.
#AceWorldNews says that a court in Georgia has convicted a former prime minister, Vano Merabishvili, of embezzlement and abuse of office and sentenced him to five years in prison, AP reported.
The top ally of former President Mikhail Saakashvili served for nearly eight years as interior minister before he became the head of government ahead of a parliamentary election in 2012.
After Saakashvili’s party suffered a defeat, prosecutors filed charges against many of the ex-president’s allies. Merabishvili was arrested in May 2013 and accused of putting nearly 22,000 party campaign workers on the Labour Ministry payroll.
He also was accused of illegally appropriating a seaside residence.
#AceBreakingNews In 1999, Colorado grand jury wanted to indict Jon Benet Ramsey’s parents for fatal child abuse, newly released court document says.