#AceWorldNews – CAIRO – May 10 – Egypt’s prosecutor said Saturday that 200 alleged members of Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, an Al-Qaeda inspired militant group active in the Sinai Peninsula, would be tried for “terrorism” because of a number of deadly attacks launched against security forces.
Ansar Beit al-Maqdis has carried out some of the bloodiest attacks against Egypt’s security forces since Morsi’s overthrow last July.
- Cairo court officially rules Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis a terrorist organisation(dailynewsegypt.com)
- Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis claims responsibility for Sinai bombings(dailynewsegypt.com)
- Egypt intel: Hamas provided Muslim Brotherhood safe haven in Gaza to plan terror ops(worldtribune.com)
- Egyptian Army Cracks Down On Islamist Militants In Sinai(eurasiareview.com)
- Al Qaeda-Inspired Group Claims Eilat Rocket Attack(israelnationalnews.com)