#AceNewsReport – NIGER:June.18: Boko Haram militants attacked two villages in southern Niger’s Diffa region overnight, killing at least 30 civilians, Reuters reported security sources as saying Thursday.
It was the second major cross-border attack by the Nigerian Islamist group this week.
The raid also follows twin suicide bombings in Chad’s capital on Monday that killed at least 34 people.
#AceNewsReport – #BreakingUpdate NIGERIA:June.11: At least 43 people have been shot and killed in the latest Boko Haram attacks on the three villages of Matangale, Buraltima and Dirmanti, located in Nigeria’s restive Borno State.
The gunmen then looted homes and set them ablaze, according to witness accounts.
Earlier in June, militants killed at least 31 people in the city of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State.
A suicide bomber hit a busy cattle market in the locality at the heart of the Boko Haram insurgency.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA: Jan.12: Boko Haram militants in Nigeria attacked a military base in north-western Cameroon on Monday, TASS reported, citing police.
Residents of Kolofata reportedly fled the town where fierce fighting broke out.
Boko Haram has crossed the border with Cameroon in the past to avoid clashing with Nigeria’s military.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA: Jan.11: A bomb worn by a girl aged about 10 exploded in a busy marketplace in the north-eastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Saturday, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 20, security sources said.
“The explosive devices were wrapped around her body and the girl looked no more than 10 years old,” a police source said. Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, lies in the heartland of an insurgency by Sunni Muslim militant group Boko Haram, and is often hit by bomb attacks.
A Nigerian security source said the bomb went off at 12:15pm. The bodies of at least 16 bomb victims were counted in one hospital by mid-afternoon, civilian joint task force member Zakariya Mohammed said.“Right now, there are 27 injured people in Borno Medical Hospital, while more were taken to other hospitals,” he said. “Hundreds of bodies – too many to count – remain strewn in the bush in Nigeria from an Islamic extremist attack that Amnesty International described as the “deadliest massacre” in the history of Boko Haram.
Fighting continued on Friday around Baga, a town on the border with Chad where insurgents seized a key military base on 3 January and attacked again on Wednesday.
“Security forces have responded rapidly, and have deployed significant military assets and conducted air strikes against militant targets,” said a government spokesman.“* John Iadarola (TYT University), Dave Rubin (Rubin Report), Jimmy Dore (The Jimmy Dore Show) and Ben Mankiewicz break it down.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA:Jan.04: The militant group Boko Haram has seized a town and key multinational military base in north-eastern Nigeria, officials and eyewitnesses say.
A senator in Borno state said troops had abandoned the base in the town of Baga after it was attacked on Saturday.
Residents of Baga, who fled by boat to neighbouring Chad, said many people had been killed and the town set ablaze. Baga, scene of a Nigerian army massacre in 2013, was the last town in the Borno North area under government control.
It hosted the base of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF), made up of troops from Nigeria, Chad and Niger.Set up in 1998 to fight trans-border crime in the Lake Chad region, the force more recently took on Boko Haram.
Boko Haram attacks towns and villages on an almost daily basis, abducting people including young boys and girls, BBC Africa editor Mary Harper reports. The military, which includes Western advisers and surveillance, seems incapable of dealing with the problem, our editor adds.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA: Post Update: Jan.03: According to a report just received following my previous post about kidnap of 40 people. A local reporter confirmed: “They came in pick-up trucks armed with guns and gathered all the men in the village outside the home of the village chief where they preached to us before singling out 40 of our boys and taking them away,” Bulama Muhammad told AFP.
Malari village lies 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) from the Sambisa forest and close to the town of Gwoza, which the militants captured last June declaring it part of their caliphate.
“My two sons and three nephews were among those taken away by the Boko Haram gunmen and we believe they are going to use them as conscripts,” Muhammad said.
“When we heard of the kidnap of 40 boys in Malari by Boko Haram we decided to leave because we could be the next target,” said Alaramma Babagoni, who fled from the nearby village of Mulgwi.
“Boko Haram has been abducting young men from villages in the area because we are close to their stronghold in Sambisa forest,” he said.
There was no immediate comment on the incident from the military in Maiduguri.
Residents of Malari and nearby villages fled, fearing further attacks and abductions.
So this could of course be a tit for tat reprisals with the chance to kidnap replacements for their dead.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA:Jan.03: Armed militants abducted 40 boys and young men from a remote village in north-east Nigeria on Wednesday.
The raid became known only when residents who escaped from the village informed the authorities on Saturday, AFP reports.
The age of all the kidnapped males is from 10 to 23. Officials suspect the militants were Boko Haram members, who still hold in captivity over 200 schoolgirls abducted last April.
#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA:Dec.21- In this featured report on the rise of the Boko Haram Group AP reported today that thousands of members of Nigeria’s home-grown Islamic extremist Boko Haram group strike across the border in Cameroon, with coordinated attacks on border towns, a troop convoy and a major barracks.
Farther north, Boko Haram employs recruits from Chad to enforce its control in northeastern Nigerian towns and cities.
In Niger, the government has declared a “humanitarian crisis” and appealed for international aid to help tens of thousands of Nigerian refugees driven from their homes by the insurgency.
These recent events show how neighbouring countries are increasingly being drawn into Nigeria’s Islamic uprising.
Thousands of people have been killed in Nigeria’s 5-year insurgency and some 1.6 million people driven from their homes. A number of soldiers were sentenced to death on Wednesday for refusing to report for duty in an operation against the Boko Haram the African Mail reported.
In a similar case in September, 12 soldiers were sentenced to death for mutiny after firing on their commanding officer in the northeast city of Maiduguri, where troops are battling against Boko Haram.
Both sentences are subject to approval by top army brass, but there has so far been no indication that senior officers oppose the rulings.
Poor military equipment
Frontline troops have consistently complained that they lack the weapons and other supplies needed to face Boko Haram in insurgent strongholds.
The Islamists, waging a five-year uprising to create a caliphate in northern Nigeria, are known to have tanks, rocket propelled grenade launchers and other heavy weaponry, while troops have reported lacking ammunition for basic assault rifles.
These series of attacks as outlined blow have continued and are continuing with no end in sight.
Additional News Reports:
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA (Maiduguri) – November 01 – Nigeria’s kidnapped schoolgirls have all been converted to Islam and married off, the leader of Nigeria’s Islamic extremists claimed in a new video message.
The leader of Boko Haram also denied he had agreed to any cease-fire with the government.
Abubakar Shekau dashed hopes for a prisoner exchange to get the girls released in the new video released late Friday night.
“The issue of the girls is long forgotten because I have long ago married them off,” he said, laughing.
Boko Haram’s kidnapping of 276 schoolgirls taking exams at a boarding school in the remote northeastern town of Chibok in April prompted international outrage and criticism of Nigeria’s government for not acting quickly to free them.
Unconfirmed reports have indicated that the girls have been broken up into several groups and that some may have been carried across borders into Cameroon and Chad.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – October 27 – Further confirmation has been received following yesterdays post that at least 30 boys and girls have been kidnapped by Boko Haram gunmen from a village in north-east Nigeria during the weekend, CNN reported.
The gunmen invaded the town of Mafa, in the state of Borno, on Friday through Saturday, according to local leaders. In the past two days the insurgents stormed Mafa and“abducted 30 boys aged 13 and above and girls aged 11 and above,” Mafa local government chairman Shettima Maina said.
On Thursday, Boko Haram killed 17 people in the nearby village of Ndongo, and then looted and set it ablaze, Maina said.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA (Abuja) – October 23 – A bomb exploded at a bus station in northern Nigeria’s Bauchi State late on Wednesday, killing at least five people and wounding 12, police said.
The blast, which struck the town of Azare, is likely to be blamed on Islamist Boko Haram militants, casting further doubt on government reports that it had reached a temporary ceasefire with the rebels in order to secure the release of more than 200 schoolgirls they are holding hostage.
Police did not comment on who was behind the attack.
#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA – October 07 – Boko Haram Decapitate seven Muslims in North East of Nigeria – reports. The violence came as Nigerian Muslims marked the Eid al-Adha (the Feast of Sacrifice) festival, a public holiday in the country.
Most Islamic holidays in recent years have been marred by the Takfiri group, AFP reported.
The overnight raid targeted the town of Ngamdu in troubled Borno state, the area hardest hit in the extremists” five-year uprising.
In recent months, Boko Haram Takfiris have targeted reprisal attacks at locals who have fought alongside the military as vigilantes.
The terrorists are thought to be in control of more than two dozen towns and villages in the North-East, but the military has vowed to retake all lost ground as part of a continuing offensive launched in May of last year.
Muslims traditionally celebrate Eid al-Adha, one of the most important religious feasts, with the sacrifice of animals like sheep, rams, goats and cattle.
The act commemorates Prophet Abraham’s (PBUH) submission to divine order to sacrifice his son, Ismail (PBUH). However God provided Prophet Abraham with a ram to sacrifice instead after he successfully passed the divine test.
#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA (Adamawa State) – September 17 – Over 50 women and an undisclosed number of children have been abducted by Boko Haram insurgents, This Day newspaper reported, citing locals of the Michika and Gulak communities in Adamawa State.
A security source said the sect members had called women last Saturday to collect food items from them at Gulak, the secretariat of Madagali Local Government Area, and then they selected some of the women.
Boko Haram have been in control of Madagali, Gulak and Michika, causing panic in other towns with thousands of people trooping to Yola, the state capital and beyond.
A resident who identified himself simply as Tija for fear being targeted said he got the news of the abduction while he was being trapped in a village near Gulak before his subsequent escape on Sunday.
“Some women brought the news that Boko Haram forcefully took some of them away including a sister in law to a friend of mine. The situation is getting worse by the day, our hope is that this problem will end one day”, he stated.
One witness said the victims were loaded on to trucks and taken away.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA(Maiduguri) September 14 – Two Hundred fighters of the Islamic extremist Boko Haram group, including a feared commander known only as Amir,have been killed in a Friday battle near the city of Maiduguri, north-eastern Nigeria, according to an officer and witnesses,who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
The insurgents were reportedly advancing on the town of Konduga when they were confronted by Nigerian troops and members of civilian self-defence groups fighting alongside the soldiers.
Boko Haram in recent weeks has taken several towns in Nigeria’s north-east, as the group, inspired by the Islamic States(IS)group’s advance in Syria and Iraq, has pledged to create an Islamic caliphate.
#AceBreakingNews – NIGERIA (Kano) – September 11 – Nigeria’s military launched ground and air offensives against Boko Haram to recapture the north-eastern town of Michika, AFP reported, citing witnesses.
The town fell to the jihadist militants over the weekend. Hundreds of troops aided by military jets have been pounding Boko Haram positions in Michika in Adamawa state since Sunday, residents of nearby towns and villages said.
A huge military contingent has been deployed in Mararrabar Vimtim village, 20km outside Michika, to prevent any rebels slipping out of the town and heading towards the main commercial hub of Mubi.
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – July 01 – Nigeria’s military says it has raided a Boko Haram intelligence unit thought to be linked to the recent abduction of more than 200 schoolgirls.
Mr Ya’ari had been actively involved in the seizure of the girls as well as the killing in May of a traditional leader, the emir of Gwoza, the statement added.
More than 2,000 people have been killed this year in attacks blamed on Boko Haram militants.
Mr Ya’ari was a businessman who “participated actively in the abduction of schoolgirls” in the northern town of Chibok, the defence ministry statement said.
He used his participation in a civilian vigilante group fighting Boko Haram to cover up his work spying for the militants, the military said, adding that he had co-ordinated “several deadly attacks in Maidugiri”, the capital of Borno state, since 2011.
The defence ministry said they had also arrested women from the intelligence cell.
The military’s claims could not be independently verified.
Ace Related News – http://tinyurl.com/nmwksj2
#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA (Maiduguri) – July 01 – A car bomb reportedly exploded in a market in Nigeria’s northeastern city of Maiduguri on Tuesday morning.
Dozens of people are feared dead, AP said, citing witnesses.
Officials blamed Islamic extremist group Boko Haram, whose birthplace is Maiduguri, for the attack.
The explosives were hidden under a pile of charcoal in a pick-up van, according to witnesses.
Boko Haram gunmen have reportedly kidnapped up to 40 young mothers from an area near Chibok, the village where more than 250 schoolgirls were abducted nearly two months ago. The exact number of women taken in the latest raid is thought to be at least 20 – although one local leader from Borno state put it as high as 40. The kidnappings happened on Saturday in and around the village of Garkin Fulani, five miles from Chibok.
“Available information revealed that the gunmen came around noon and abducted 20 women and three young men left to keep watch on the village,” said one local man. “All the males in the settlement were away in the bush with their herd (of cattle) for grazing when the abductors came to the village. “We tried to go after them when the news got to us about three hours later, but the vehicles we have could not go far, and the report came to us a little bit late,” he said
There was no immediate indication of where the women were taken and there had been no contact from the kidnappers. A local official of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (Macban) said the young women were singled out and put into vehicles before being driven away. Similar kidnappings for ransom have been going on in the area for some time but locals have been too afraid to speak out because of fears of reprisals from the Islamist militants, the official said. “This is not the first time women are being kidnapped in this area and only released when we pay cattle ransom to the kidnappers. It has happened several times,” he said.
Many girls escaped a few weeks ago: https://acenewsservices.com/2014/05/28/breaking-kidnapped-boko-haram-girls-escape-captors/
Locals always paid the ransom but do not inform the authorities, he said. A Borno state government official said the authorities were aware of the kidnapping of women from the village but denied knowledge of previous abductions. “This is the first time we are hearing abduction of Fulani women and we are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the kidnap and necessary action to take,” he added. In another incident, the country’s defence ministry said troops had prevented raids by Boko Haram this weekend on villages in Borno and neighbouring Adamawa state, with soldiers killing more than 50 militants on Saturday night as they were on their way to attack communities. The military has come under rising criticism from Nigerians who say they are not being protected and are being left to fend off attacks by Boko Haram on their own. The militant group, which wants to establish Islamic state in Nigeria, has been taking over villages in the northeast, killing and terrorising civilians and political leaders