NIGERIA: ‘ Boko Haram kill & loot homes in three villages – eye witness accounts ‘

#AceNewsReport – #BreakingUpdate NIGERIA:June.11: At least 43 people have been shot and killed in the latest Boko Haram attacks on the three villages of Matangale, Buraltima and Dirmanti, located in Nigeria’s restive Borno State.

The gunmen then looted homes and set them ablaze, according to witness accounts.

Earlier in June, militants killed at least 31 people in the city of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State.

A suicide bomber hit a busy cattle market in the locality at the heart of the Boko Haram insurgency.

@AceBreakingNews

#boko-haram, #borno-state, #chibok, #damaturu, #islamism, #maiduguri, #muhammadu-buhari, #nigeria, #nigerian-army, #suicide-attack

NIGERIA: ‘ SUSPECTED BOKO HAREM ATTACK KILLS AT LEAST 17 AND DOZENS ARE ABDUCTED ‘

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – October 26 – At least 17 people have been killed and dozens more abducted in an attack by suspected Boko Harem militants in Nigeria’s northeast Borno State, Alhaji Shettima Maina, the head of the local administration said Sunday, Reuters reports.

The latest bloodshed is among many of these latest in a series of attacks by suspected Boko Harem militants in northern Nigeria despite peace talks between the government and the extremist group in neighbouring Chad and the announcement of a ceasefire.

Source: 

#ANS2014 

#boko-harem, #borno-state, #nigeria

‘ Suspected Islamist’s Kill at Least Ten People and Reports of Several Churches Being Targeted ‘

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – June 29 – Suspected Islamists killed at least ten people on Sunday in an attack on a village less than five kilometres (3 miles) from the town of Chibok in Borno state, where more than 200 school girls were abducted in April, according to survivors.

There are also reports of several churches in other villages outside the town being targeted with bombs and guns, Reuters reported.

#ANS2014

#borno-state, #chibok, #islamist, #nigeria

` Muslim Emir and Two Policemen Killed in Suspected Attack by Boko Haram ‘

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – May 30 – A Muslim emir and two policemen have been killed in north-eastern Nigeria in a suspected attack by Boko Haram militants.

All of the dead were heading to a funeral when armed men opened fire on their car.

All died from gunshot wounds. “The Emir of Gwoza was killed around 9 am today following a bloody attack by some gunmen believed to be members of the Boko Haram,” the Borno state government said in a statement, Reuters reported.

Boko Haram kidnapped more than 200 girls from a secondary school in Chibok in remote northeastern Nigeria in mid-April and had threatened to sell them into slavery.

Since they were taken, at least 500 civilians have been killed by the sect.

On Thursday, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said that a full-scale operation had been launched and attempted to reassure parents that the children would be freed.

Ace Related News:

  1. Reuters – 30/05/2014 – http://tinyurl.com/nazyc7b

Reuters – VOA

#ANS2014

#boko-haram, #borno-state, #nigeria

` Boko Haram an Al-Qaeda Affiliate Attack Villages and Kill Twenty Eight in Nigeria ‘

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – May 26 – At least 28 people have died after Boko Haram, an Al Qaeda affiliate, attacked three villages in northern Nigeria burning houses to the ground, the police announced.

The assaults happened in Borno state in the heartland of Boko Haram’s increasing rampage.

The worst incident, resulting in 20 casualties was in the town of Kerenua, near the Niger border.

The United States, Britain, France and China last week offered Nigeria help to battle the Islamic insurgency in a mission to try to free the schoolgirls who were captured back in April and still remain hostage.

According to Reports:

Suspected Islamist gunmen opened fire on a market in a Nigerian village on Sunday, killing 20 people in the latest violence against civilians in the northeast of Africa’s top oil producer.

The assailants surrounded the village of Kamuyya, a military source based in the nearest town told Reuters. The militants shot people as they gathered to trade in its open air market.

Villages in Borno state, the epicentre of Boko Haram’s violent campaign to carve an Islamic caliphate out of religiously mixed Nigeria, have been under almost daily attack.

On Thursday, suspected Boko Haram gunmen rampaged through three villages in northern Nigeria, killing 28 people and burning houses to the ground.

Boko Haram made world headlines when it claimed the abduction of more than 200 school girls from the village of Chibok last month, prompting international outrage and persuading President Goodluck Jonathan to accept foreign help to try to free them, including a team of around 80 U.S. troops deployed to neighbouring Chad, and surveillance drones.

Since the girl were snatched on April 14, at least 470 civilians have been killed by the insurgents in various attacks, according to a Reuters count.

A spate of bombings across north and central Nigeria has killed hundreds, including two in the capital Abuja and one in the central city of Jos on Tuesday that killed 118 people.

A suicide bombing on Saturday that was meant to strike an open air viewing of the Champions League soccer final match in the central Nigerian city of Jos killed four people but failed to hit its target, the National Emergency Management Agency said.

Ace Top News – Reuters – AP – AFP – NEMA

#ANS2014

#al-qaeda, #boko-haram, #borno-state, #britain, #china, #france, #germany, #nigeria, #united-states

American/British Marines locate abducted Nigerian girls in Sambisa forest


FOUND, US AND UK, France, China HELPED!

There were indications yesterday that the 230 female students abducted by Boko Haram terrorists from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, GGSS, Chibok, Borno State, have been sited at the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, by the Special Forces of the United States Marines. Team work by USA, UK, France and China are, as we speak getting these girls home

The girls who were abducted on April 14, were part of the 250 students boarded at the school for the West African School Certificate, WASC/ Senior Secondary School Certificate, SSSC, examinations, triggering world-wide condemnations.

This was even as more US military officials arrived Nigeria yesterday to join local officials in the search for nearly 300 school girls taken captives by the Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram, the US Secretary of State John Kerry, and the defence department, Pentagon, said.

The UK team had earlier arrived in Abuja to support Nigerian government in its response to the abduction of over 200 school girls.

The arrival of the foreign troops is coming on the heels of the appeal yesterday by the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar for Nigerians to unite and fight the insurgents to achieve success.

According to Kerry, “Our inter-agency team is hitting the ground in Nigeria now and they are going to be working with President Goodluck Jonathan’s government to do everything that we possibly can to return these girls.”

The CNN also quoted the U.S. Navy Rear Admiral, John Kirby, who serves as Pentagon press secretary, as saying that the small team of seven would join advisers supporting local efforts to find the girls abducted over three weeks ago.

Kerry said the US team, working with the Nigerian government, would do everything possible to free the girls and everything possible to stop the atrocities of Boko Haram.

“We are also going to do everything possible to counter the menace of Boko Haram. The entire world should not only be condemning this outrage but should be doing everything possible to help Nigeria in the days ahead,” he added.

But there are no plans to send American combat troops into Nigeria, Mr. Kirby said.

The abduction of the school girls on April 14 in a remote community in Borno State, one of the most shocking terrorist acts by Boko Haram yet, has drawn widespread anger around the world with calls for a swift action.

President Goodluck Jonathan said Thursday that the kidnapping will be “the beginning of end” of Boko Haram.

US President Obama has said he hopes the abduction by Boko Haram will galvanize the international community to act against the brutal group that has directed much of its cruelty on civilians and the innocent.

This week, more than 100 people were killed in a busy market by militants suspected to be from the group. The attack occurred in Gamboru Ngala, Borno State, near the Nigerian border with Cameroun.

Besides the United States, Britain, France and China have also offered to help rescue the stolen girls.Obama said the team sent to Nigeria comprised personnel from military, law enforcement and other agencies.

France said it will station 3,000 troops in Nigeria’s neighbouring countries to help fight militants in the Sahel region.

British satellites and advanced tracking capabilities also will be used, and China has promised to provide any intelligence gathered by its satellite network.

#abducted-nigerian-girls, #american-marines, #boko-haram, #boko-haram-terrorists, #borno-state, #britain, #british-satellites-and-advanced-tracking-capabilities, #china, #china-has-promised-to-provide-any-intelligence, #france, #france-3000-troops-in-nigeria, #nigerian-government, #sambisa-forest, #uk, #usa

` Exclusive Interview with one of the Chibok Girls who Escaped ‘

#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA – EXCLUSIVE – VIDEO – May 12 – Some 200 children who were abducted in Chibok in northern Nigeria had been locked in their school by their teachers, who ran away, on the night Boko Haram gunmen made their raid nearly a month ago.

That was the account given exclusively to Arise News by one of the girls who escaped from a Boko Haram camp.

Charles Aniagolu travelled to Chibok in Borno province with an Arise News team.

This is his exclusive report. 

Sorry cannot obtain video but here is the link to interview Editor: ARISETV

#ANS2104 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #abubakar-shekau, #africa, #boko-haram, #borno, #borno-state, #chibok, #nigeria, #united-states