(BRIGHTON, U.K.) Magistrates Court Report: A man has appeared in court charged with sexual offences against three women at addresses in Brighton #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Nov.11: Jobe is charged with the rape and false imprisonment of a woman on 24 August, the rape of another woman on 29 August, and with sexually assaulting a third woman on 27 July.

#AceDailyNews reports that Abdoulie Jobe, 28, an unemployed, man of Harmsworth Crescent, Hove, appeared in custody at Brighton Magistrates Court on Saturday 6 November and was remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court for a plea and case preparation hearing on 6 December…..

01 Charge 1080x700.jpg

The prosecution authorised by the CPS, follows an investigation by the Brighton & Hove Safeguarding Investigations Unit.

#AceNewsDesk report ………….Published: Nov.11: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#brighton, #charged, #court, #uk

(LONDON) Sussex Police Report: Detectives are investigating after two women reported spiking by injection when they were out in Brighton on Tuesday night (October 19) and early hours of Wednesday morning (October 20) #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Oct.25: Chief Superintendent Justin Burtenshaw, Divisional Commander for Brighton, said: “We are talking with two victims who felt unwell after a night out in the city and suspect they had been injected. They are being supported by officers: We are still at a very early stage in our investigation and a number of enquiries are being made:

#AceDailyNews reports that detectives are investigating two reports of spiking by injection in Brighton and officers are increasing patrols as part of their continued work policing the night-time economy, and will continue working closely with partners and licensed premises on initiatives to help keep their patrons safe.

01 Incident 1080x700.jpg

Ch Supt Burtenshaw added: “We are aware of the national media and the worry and anxiety this may cause those wanting to enjoy the night-time economy. Everyone should be able to enjoy themselves safely and to support this there are officers who will be on patrol across the city over the weekend: Our Licensing Teams are working hard with venues to raise awareness about spiking and ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to prevent this from happening.”

“We take all reports incredibly seriously and ask anyone who believes they have been a victim or witness to spiking to contact us. We also encourage people to report any suspicious behaviour to us – either onlineor via 101, or by calling 999 in an emergency.”

#AceNewsDesk report …………….Published: Oct.24: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#brighton, #london, #police, #sussex

(BRIGHTON) Labour Conference Report: Sir Keir Starmer is at the centre of a row over left-wing demands to back increasing the minimum wage to £15 an hour as minister for employment resigns #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Sept.28: Labour’s conference is expected to pass a motion later calling for this to be party policy:

#AceDailyNews says that U.K Media reports Keir Starmer in row with Labour’s left over minimum wage increase as Frontbencher Andy McDonald resigned on Monday, saying the leadership had ordered him to argue against the rise, making his position “untenable”………….The leadership is keen to avoid an open row on the issue………It says it will not encourage members to back or reject the motion, which, if it passes, will not automatically become Labour policy.

By Justin Parkinson
Political reporter, BBC News

Sir Keir Starmer

Arguments between the left, including supporters of former leader Jeremy Corbyn, and Labour members loyal to Sir Keir have dominated the conference in Brighton.

Sir Keir pushed through reforms to the party election rules, seen as unfavourable to left-wing members of Labour, in a vote on Sunday.Andy McDonald MP: “Is it unreasonable to expect our key workers not to have that level of pay?”

The Unite union is putting the motion, calling for the minimum wage to increase to £15, to a vote on Tuesday.

The current minimum wage is £8.91 for those 23 and over, £8.36 for those aged 21 and 22, and £6.56 for 18 to 20-year olds. 

The wide-ranging Unite motion also says that, for Labour to win the next election, it “must be an anti-austerity party, defending jobs and improving living standards”.

It includes demands for stronger union rights, higher taxes “on the very wealthiest”, an end to zero-hour contracts and a “better work-life balance”.

Today’s conference motion is not binding so the argument over it is symbolic. The left argue it is more proof that they are radical where Sir Keir Starmer is lukewarm. And it’s a way of fighting back after Sir Keir changed the party’s rules to make it harder for a Corbynite candidate to get into a future leadership contest. The leadership is turning down the invitation to have a fight about this vote, saying it’s not bothered if the motion passes. Nonetheless, there’s a war between Starmer and the far left and this is today’s battleground. There will be another one soon. Shadow home secretary Nick Thomas-Symonds told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that Labour’s current policy was to raise the minimum wage at “at least” £10 per hour. He insisted that the party leadership was “perfectly happy” for conference delegates to back the £15 motion.However, he said Labour would only reassess its current policy closer to the next general election, adding this was the “responsible thing to do”.Raising the minimum wage was not one of the 10 pledges Sir Keir made when running for the Labour leadership last year.But he supported a campaign in 2019 for fast food chain McDonald’s to improve pay and conditions.At the time, he said: “They’re not asking for the Earth. They’re asking for the basics – £15 an hour, the right to know their hours in advance and to have trade union recognition. That ought to be the norm in 21st Century Britain.”But, in a scathing resignation letter, Mr McDonald claimed the leader’s office had instructed him go to a meeting at the party conference and “argue against a national minimum wage of £15 an hour and against statutory sick pay at the living wage”.”After many months of a pandemic when we made commitments to stand by key workers, I cannot now look those same workers in the eye and tell them they are not worth a wage that is enough to live on, or that they don’t deserve security when they are ill,” he added.Labour pledges £28bn a year to make economy greenerLabour: Has Starmer stood by his pledges?Meanwhile, former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has accused the party’s current leadership of wanting to “prop up, not challenge” wealth and power. Writing for the i news website, he added: “If our leadership won’t champion that path, our movement must and will.”Mr Thomas-Symonds told the Today programme he rejected Mr Corbyn’s analysis, adding Sir Keir had a “passionate sense of social justice”.Former shadow chancellor John McDonnell, a senior figure on Labour’s left, said: “Questions have got to be asked about Keir Starmer… the conference is falling apart.”And former shadow home secretary Diane Abbott, also on the left of the party, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme it was “nonsense” to suggest there was a campaign to undermine Sir Keir.She added: “Andy’s not the sort of person to say anything the leadership wants to keep his job.”Mr McDonald was one of only a few members of previous Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s frontbench team who continued to serve after Sir Keir took over.Responding to his resignation, Sir Keir said: “I want to thank Andy for his service in the shadow cabinet. “Labour’s comprehensive New Deal for Working People shows the scale of our ambition and where our priorities lie.” 

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#brighton, #employment, #labour, #uk

(BRIGHTON) Labour Party Conference Report: Votes in favour of Sir Keir Starmer’s plans to overhaul the party’s rules after a number of proposals were put forward #AceNewsDesk reports

#AceNewsReport – Sept.27: The changes give MPs more of a say in choosing its future leaders and make it harder for members to deselect MPs.

#AceDailyNews says BBC reports that Labour backs Sir Keir Starmer over party rules reforms and left-wing Momentum group called these changes a “self-inflicted blow to democracy in our party”.

Sir Keir Starmer

By Justin Parkinson
Political reporter, BBC News

He also backed setting up an independent complaints process for claims of racism, following the controversy over anti-Semitism.……..Sir Keir said: “This is a decisive and important day in the history of the Labour Party.I promised to tackle anti-Semitism in our party. We’ve now closed the door on a shameful chapter in our history.” The reforms followed an afternoon of impassioned debate at the Brighton Centre.

Sir Keir called the changes a “major step” towards Labour winning a general election, having lost four in a row: His party-rule changes mean that, in future, leadership candidates will need the support of 20% of Labour MPs – rather than the current 10% – to get on to a party-wide ballot: They also make it harder for local parties to deselect sitting MPs, while the rule allowing “registered supporters”, who pay a one-off fee to vote in leadership elections, is scrapped……….

Opposing these plans, James McAsh, from Camberwell and Peckham, south London, told Labour delegates the higher MPs’ support threshold for leadership candidates would make contests “maler and staler” and prevent “informed debate”.

Agnes Tolmie, of the Unite union, said: “Most people out there do not understand [the plans] and are not interested in them. They want to know what we are doing for them.”

But there were also heartfelt speeches in favour of Sir Keir’s plans, with supporters arguing they would allow the party to become less inward-looking and focus on winning elections.

Helena Dollimore, a councillor in Mitcham, south London, said: “We are at our best as a Labour movement when we are out in our communities, listening to residents and getting stuff done.”

She added: “I was at primary school the last time Labour won an election and I don’t want to be drawing my pension the next time.”

Shabana Mahmood, MP for Birmingham Small Heath, argued: “If you can’t persuade 20% of your Parliamentary colleagues to back you, you will struggle to persuade the people of this country to make you their prime minister.”

On Friday, Sir Keir was forced to drop more thorough constitutional reform proposals – including the replacement of the one-member-one-vote system for choosing leaders with more say for MPs and unions – amid widespread opposition from the party’s left wing.

‘Moral imperative’

The Labour conference also backed creating an independent complaints process to tackle racism, as recommended by the Equality and Human Rights Commission in its report last year saying the party was not doing enough to tackle anti-Semitism.

Mike Katz, national chair of the Jewish Labour Movement, said: “Passing this rule change is a moral, legal and political imperative for Labour.”……Many party members spoke in favour, including Susan Teddern, from Hove, whose father survived a World War Two concentration camp……..She said it was “vital to have an independent process, so people believe there is real change”.

#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: Sept.27: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#brighton, #conference, #labour

(LONDON) Lewes Crown Court Report: A mother who abandoned her baby for six days while celebrating her 18th birthday has been jailed for manslaughter #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Aug.07: Kudi initially denied her absence, stating she had been present at the flat as both she and Asiah felt unwell, only admitting to leaving on the 10th to visit London, but claimed her daughter was with her.

#AceDailyNews reports that a mother was sentenced for the manslaughter of her 20-month-old baby the court heard Verphy Kudi left Asiah, aged just 20 months, alone in her Brighton flat between 5 and 11 December 2019, resulting in the child starving to death.

06 August 2021

However, CCTV footage, phone data and further evidence including witness statements, demonstrated that she had left her daughter alone: Kudi, now 19, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in March this year and was sentenced to nine years, today at Lewes Crown Court.

Libby Clark, of CPS South East,said: This has been a deeply harrowing case involving the death of a 20-month-old baby: “ Asiah’s mother Verphy Kudi had a duty to keep her safe from harm, but instead selfishly chose to put her own need to party and be with her friends above all else. The consequences of her decision meant that Asiah must have suffered dreadfully during the days and nights that she was alone in the flat: “ This follows a history of multiple earlier occasions of abandonment and neglect. I extend my deepest sympathies to Asiah’s grandparents and other family for their loss.” Returning to her flat after six days, Kudi placed a 999 call to South East Coast Ambulance saying her baby wasn’t waking up: Paramedics attending the scene found Asiah not breathing, and rushed her to the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital, where tragically she was pronounced dead soon after arrival: The post-mortem examination concluded the cause of death was starvation and influenza, with reported signs of dehydration and severe nappy rash.

#AceNewsDesk report ……Published: Aug.06: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#brighton, #crown-court, #london, #manslaughter, #sentenced

#UK : ” Suspicious Packages have been found at British Army Offices”

 

Slough

Slough (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

 

#AceUKNews says `Suspicious Packages Found at British Army Offices’

 

 

 

Suspicious packages were found at three army recruitment centres across southern England on Thursday, counter-terrorism police said.

 

 

 

Bomb disposal units were sent to Brighton, Oxford and Slough to assess the packages and roads near to the offices were sealed off,

 

 

 

Reuters reported, citing a South East Counter Terrorism Unit statement.

 

 

 

Similar packages were earlier found this week at Army Careers offices in Aldershot, Reading and Chatham.

 

 

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#aceuknews, #aldershot, #bomb-disposal, #brighton, #british-army, #counter-terrorism, #england, #oxford, #reuters, #slough