‘ Top Taliban Leader of Islamic Movement Claims Victory in War in Afghanistan ‘

#AceNewsServices – AFGHANISTAN – October 02 – The top leader of the Taliban Islamic movement, Mullah Mohammad Omar, has claimed victory in the War in Afghanistan over the US-led NATO forces in a special address to his supporters released on the occasion of Eid al-Adha Muslim holiday, Khaama Press reported on Thursday.

“Your Jihad and ungrudging sacrifices against the occupation have defeated the Americans, their Western allies and domestic supporters altogether with the Help of Allah,” he said in the message.

“All their strategies have proved to be ineffective, with their diplomatic efforts facing fiasco, besides disgrace and ignominy.

The NATO Summit in Wales under the leadership of America, the recent slandering in Afghanistan under the name of elections and the continuous advancements of the Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate are proofs, speaking well for themselves,” the Taliban leader added.

Mullah Mohammad Omar, who has a $10 million bounty on his head from the US State Department, has been hiding since the Taliban was overthrown in 2001 after the US invasion.

About 41,000 NATO troops remain in Afghanistan to fight the Taliban insurgency alongside Afghan soldiers and police. NATO’s combat mission will end in December.

Earlier this week, the United States, NATO and Afghanistan signed a deal to formally justify the presence of a limited military contingent in the Central Asian state after the formal withdrawal of international forces.

A follow-on force of about 12,000 troops is likely to stay into 2015 on training and support duties.

Source:

#ANS2014

#afghanistan, #central-asian, #kabul, #mullah-mohammad-omar, #nato, #taliban, #us-state-department

‘ Ashraf Ghani Signs Security Deals with US and NATO Agreeing to Keep 12,000 US Troops in Afghanistan ‘

#AceNewsServices – ABU DHABI – September 30 – New President of Afghanistan Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai signed on Tuesday security deals with the United States and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) allowing for the significant part of the international military contingent to remain in the Central Asian country after the expiration of the current year.

The security pacts were signed at the presidential palace in Kabul marking the first crucial international decision of Ahmadzai following one day only of his inauguration on Monday.

The US-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) have been fighting Taliban militants in the Central Asian state since 2001 and was scheduled to pull out from Afghanistan by the end of this year, passing the responsibility for the security provision in the country to local Afghani military and police forces.

Tuesday’s signing of the military pacts with US and NATO was attended besides Ahmadzai by Afghanistan’s National Security Adviser Hanif Atmar, US Ambassador to Afghanistan James Cunningham, NATO’s senior representative in Afghanistan Maurits Jochems and other officials.

“Our country will manage to maintain its sovereignty due to security guarantees, which such step is granting us,” Ahmadzai said during the signing ceremony. “The agreement with the United States and NATO fully corresponds with Afghanistan’s interests.”

According to The Wall Street Journal daily, Afghanistan’s security pacts with the United States and NATO will allow for some 12,000 foreign troops remain in the Central Asian state after 2014 and also provide to further financial aid’s flow to Kabul.

“The agreement is more than a commitment, it is a choice. It is a choice by Afghanistan to consolidate international support,” The Wall Street Journal quoted Ambassador Cunningham as saying on Tuesday. “It is a choice by the United States to continue cooperating with our Afghan partners on two important security missions.”

Sources: The Washington Post – Wall Street Journal – ITAR-TASS – NATO Media Services  

#ANS2014

#aceworldnews, #abu-dhabi, #ahmadazi, #central-asian, #nato, #north-atlantic-treaty-organisation, #president-ashraf-ghani, #united-states