(YOBE STATE, West Africa.) #BokoHaram Attacked Buni Gari village, 60 kilometres (37 miles) from Damaturu, the state capital on Saturday and security sources say that at least 8-soldiers have been killed #AceNewsDesk reports

#AceNewsReport – Dec.04: The number of soldiers killed in a #BokoHaram attack on a military base in Yobe state has risen to eight, security sources said on Tuesday: Gunmen from Boko Haram faction the Islamic State West Africa Province attacked the base on Saturday in Buni Gari village, 60 kilometres (37 miles) from Damaturu, the state capital #AceNewsDesk reports

Two soldiers and six insurgents were initially said to have been killed in the attack. But sources on Tuesday said eight soldiers were killed: “The death toll is now eight……………..Six more bodies of soldiers were later recovered and moved to Damaturu,” a military officer, who did not want to be named, told AFP…………….A civilian militia fighting jihadists in the area confirmed the recovery of six more bodies of soldiers.

“All the eight dead soldiers are now in the morgue at the Specialist Hospital in Damaturu,” said a spokesperson for the militia, who asked not to be identified for fear of sanction: Military authorities were not immediately available to comment on the new toll………………….The insurgents destroyed an armoured vehicle and stole a truck during the attack.

Sources said air support and reinforcements from a military base in the nearby town of Buni Yadi helped push out the militants from the base: Buni Yadi district is a known ISWAP stronghold……………………Since July, AFP has reported 19 attacks on military bases in Borno and Yobe and ISWAP has claimed responsibility for most of them.

Source: Boko Haram: https://t.co/Fw3Gwl9bAl December 04, 2018 at 02:56AM

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports & #Brittius says are provided by Sterling Publishing & Media News and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ Ace News Services Posts https://t.me/AceSocialNews_Bot and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com or you can follow our breaking news posts on AceBreakingNews.WordPress.Com or become a member on Telegram https://t.me/acebreakingnews all private chat messaging on here https://t.me/sharingandcaring

#chibok

NIGERIA: ‘ Boko Haram kill & loot homes in three villages – eye witness accounts ‘

#AceNewsReport – #BreakingUpdate NIGERIA:June.11: At least 43 people have been shot and killed in the latest Boko Haram attacks on the three villages of Matangale, Buraltima and Dirmanti, located in Nigeria’s restive Borno State.

The gunmen then looted homes and set them ablaze, according to witness accounts.

Earlier in June, militants killed at least 31 people in the city of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State.

A suicide bomber hit a busy cattle market in the locality at the heart of the Boko Haram insurgency.

@AceBreakingNews

#boko-haram, #borno-state, #chibok, #damaturu, #islamism, #maiduguri, #muhammadu-buhari, #nigeria, #nigerian-army, #suicide-attack

‘ Suspected Islamist’s Kill at Least Ten People and Reports of Several Churches Being Targeted ‘

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – June 29 – Suspected Islamists killed at least ten people on Sunday in an attack on a village less than five kilometres (3 miles) from the town of Chibok in Borno state, where more than 200 school girls were abducted in April, according to survivors.

There are also reports of several churches in other villages outside the town being targeted with bombs and guns, Reuters reported.

#ANS2014

#borno-state, #chibok, #islamist, #nigeria

Boko Haram Militants ‘Seize Young Mothers’ in fresh attack


Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau has demanded prisoner releases

Boko Haram gunmen have reportedly kidnapped up to 40 young mothers from an area near Chibok, the village where more than 250 schoolgirls were abducted nearly two months ago. The exact number of women taken in the latest raid is thought to be at least 20 – although one local leader from Borno state put it as high as 40. The kidnappings happened on Saturday in and around the village of Garkin Fulani, five miles from Chibok.

“Available information revealed that the gunmen came around noon and abducted 20 women and three young men left to keep watch on the village,” said one local man. “All the males in the settlement were away in the bush with their herd (of cattle) for grazing when the abductors came to the village. “We tried to go after them when the news got to us about three hours later, but the vehicles we have could not go far, and the report came to us a little bit late,” he said


separate attack in the state of Adamawa was foiled, police say

There was no immediate indication of where the women were taken and there had been no contact from the kidnappers. A local official of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (Macban) said the young women were singled out and put into vehicles before being driven away. Similar kidnappings for ransom have been going on in the area for some time but locals have been too afraid to speak out because of fears of reprisals from the Islamist militants, the official said. “This is not the first time women are being kidnapped in this area and only released when we pay cattle ransom to the kidnappers. It has happened several times,” he said.

Many girls escaped a few weeks ago: https://acenewsservices.com/2014/05/28/breaking-kidnapped-boko-haram-girls-escape-captors/


A protest held in Lagos called for the return of the Chibok schoolgirls

Locals always paid the ransom but do not inform the authorities, he said. A Borno state government official said the authorities were aware of the kidnapping of women from the village but denied knowledge of previous abductions. “This is the first time we are hearing abduction of Fulani women and we are working to establish the circumstances surrounding the kidnap and necessary action to take,” he added. In another incident, the country’s defence ministry said troops had prevented raids by Boko Haram this weekend on villages in Borno and neighbouring Adamawa state, with soldiers killing more than 50 militants on Saturday night as they were on their way to attack communities. The military has come under rising criticism from Nigerians who say they are not being protected and are being left to fend off attacks by Boko Haram on their own. The militant group, which wants to establish Islamic state in Nigeria, has been taking over villages in the northeast, killing and terrorising civilians and political leaders


A policeman on the phone before the start of the Lagos rally

#40-young-mothers, #abubakar-shekau, #seize-young-mothers, #boko-haram, #chibok, #militants, #new-attack, #nigerian

` United States Deploys Manned Drones to Search for Missing Schoolgirls ‘

#AceWorldNews – WASHINGTON  – May 13  –  The United States has deployed manned surveillance aircraft over Nigeria and is sharing satellite imagery with the Nigerian government to find more than 200 schoolgirls abducted by Islamist insurgents, a senior Obama administration official said on Monday.

Washington has sent military, law-enforcement and development experts to Nigeria to help search for the missing girls who were kidnapped by Boko Haram militants from a secondary school in Chibok in remote north-eastern Nigeria on April 14.

“We have shared commercial satellite imagery with the Nigerians and are flying manned ISR (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) assets over Nigeria with the government’s permission,” the U.S. official said.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki told a news briefing on Monday that the U.S. was providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance support. She said U.S. teams on the ground “are digging in on the search and coordinating closely with the Nigerian government as well as international partners and allies.”

Two U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the United States was also considering deploying unmanned, drone aircraft to aid the search.

One of the U.S. officials told Reuters the United States had carried out the manned surveillance flights “for a few days” but did not elaborate.

Last week, U.S. Under-Secretary for Africa Linda Thomas-Greenfield told Reuters in an interview that Nigeria had requested surveillance and intelligence from the United States.

#ANS2014

http://tinyurl.com/khuyzln

http://tinyurl.com/khuyzln

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #boko-haram, #chibok, #jennifer-psaki, #nigeria, #reuters, #united-states, #united-states-department-of-state, #washington

` Exclusive Interview with one of the Chibok Girls who Escaped ‘

#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA – EXCLUSIVE – VIDEO – May 12 – Some 200 children who were abducted in Chibok in northern Nigeria had been locked in their school by their teachers, who ran away, on the night Boko Haram gunmen made their raid nearly a month ago.

That was the account given exclusively to Arise News by one of the girls who escaped from a Boko Haram camp.

Charles Aniagolu travelled to Chibok in Borno province with an Arise News team.

This is his exclusive report. 

Sorry cannot obtain video but here is the link to interview Editor: ARISETV

#ANS2104 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #abubakar-shekau, #africa, #boko-haram, #borno, #borno-state, #chibok, #nigeria, #united-states

` Nigerian Girl Recounts the Kidnapping and the Events that Took Place When 276 Were Abducted '

#AceNewsServices – NIGERIA – May 06 – A Report on the abduction of the 276 girls from the school in Chibok and one girls account as it happened.

The girls in the school dorm heard the sound of gunshots from a nearby town. So when armed men in uniforms burst in and promised to rescue them, at first they were relieved.

“Don’t worry, we’re soldiers,” one 16-year-old girl recalls them saying. “Nothing is going to happen to you.”

The gunmen commanded the hundreds of students at the Chibok Government Girls Secondary School to gather outside.
The men went into a storeroom and removed all the food.
Then they set fire to the room.

“They … started shouting, ‘Allahu Akhbar,’ (God is great),” the 16-year-old student said. “And we knew.”

What they knew was chilling: The men were not government soldiers at all. They were members of the ruthless Islamic extremist group called Boko Haram.

They kidnapped the entire group of girls and drove them away in pick-up trucks into the dense forest.

The 16-year-old was among about 50 students who escaped on that fateful day, and she spoke for the first time in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

The AP also interviewed about 30 others, including Nigerian government and Borno state officials, school officials, six relatives of the missing girls, civil society leaders and politicians in north-east Nigeria and soldiers in the war zone.

Many spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing that giving their names would also reveal the girls’ identities and subject them to possible stigmatization in this conservative society.

Like all schools in Borno state, Chibok, an elite academy of both Muslim and Christian girls, had been closed because of increasingly deadly attacks by Boko Haram.

But it had reopened to allow final-year students to take exams.

AP

Ace Related News :
1. AL-Arabiya – May 06 – http://tinyurl.com/k7jhh2g

#ANS2014

#boko-haram, #chibok, #christian, #muslim, #nigeria

` Suspected Islamic Extremists have Kidnapped 100 Female Students from a School in Nigeria ‘

#AceWorldNews – NIGERIA – April 15 – About 100 female students were abducted by suspected Islamic extremists from a school in north-east Nigeria before dawn on Tuesday, although some of them managed to escape from a slow-moving open truck in which they were travelling.

The girls were abducted from a school in Chibok, on the edge of the Sambisa Forest, a known insurgent hideout, according Tanko Lawan, a state police commissioner, AP reports.

A local government official was unsure of the exact number of girls that managed to escape, but “many” had walked back to Chibok through the bush.

The gunmen killed a soldier and a police officer who were guarding the school.

All schools in Borno state were closed three weeks ago because of an increasing number of attacks by militants who have killed hundreds of students in the past year. But the young women – aged between 16 and 18 – were recalled to take their final exams, the local government official explained.

Islamic extremists have been abducting girls to use as cooks and sex slaves.

#ANS2014

#chibok, #nigeria