#AceNewsServices – JERUSALEM – Dec.03 – Two people were injured in a stabbing attack Wednesday afternoon, after a terrorist began attacking civilians at a Rami-Levy superstore in Mishor Adumim, near Ma’ale Adumim in the Jerusalem area.
Magen David Adom (MDA) forces arrived at the scene shortly after the attack began at around 4:20 p.m., and gave emergency first-aid treatment to the injured. Both are men in their mid-50s and suffering from shoulder and head wounds; according to MDA spokesman Zaki Heller, at least one of the injured was an actual MDA paramedic.
The terrorist was apprehended and has sustained light injuries after being shot by a security guard at the scene. The armed Israeli was not employed at the supermarket, which is frequented by Palestinians and Israelis, but was passing by with his weapon at the time.
Police spokeswoman Luba Samri said in a statement to AFP roughly two hours after the stabbing that the alleged attacker was a 16-year-old from the Arab village of Al-Azariya, east of Jerusalem.
Two additional suspects have now been arrested as well, Walla! News reports about one hour after the attack, and eyewitnesses say that the Israel Security Agency (ISA) is interrogating them at the scene. It remains unclear whether they were involved.
“Near the cash registers there were two people, injured, about 50 years old, fully conscious with stab wounds in the upper body,” Fadi Badarne, an MDA medic, stated to the press. “They told us that as they were shopping, they were jumped upon suddenly by a terrorist, who stabbed them.”
“We gave them first aid at the scene and evacuated them to Hadassah Ein Kerem Medical Center in Jerusalem while fully conscious, with moderate injuries,” Badarne continued. “The terrorist was shot in the limbs and treated there as well; he’s in mild to moderate condition.”
Hadassah Medical Center representatives added just before 5:30 pm that two additional people had been admitted to Hadassah Hospital at Mount Scopus and are being treated for acute anxiety.
Photos and some video of the attack – and its aftermath – have begun surfacing on social media.
Ruti Dahan, 50, who works at a nearby kindergarten, was shopping at the supermarket when she heard three gunshots.
“I turned around and I saw someone, who I suppose was the security guard, shouting ‘Lie down, lie down’,” she told AFP.
She said that the presumed attacker tried to stand up after being shot but four people wrestled him to the ground.
“For years I’ve been coming here twice a week to do my shopping,” she said. “Now I think I’ll switch to the Internet.”
Initial reports indicated that the attack was a shooting, but MDA medics and Channel 2 reported shortly after reports first aired that the attack was, in fact, a stabbing – and that the terrorist was not shot and killed, but merely injured.
Meanwhile, Rami-Levy chain owner Rami Levy stated Wednesday night that the Mishor Adumim store will reopen shortly.
#AceNewsServices – Nov.12- Air-strikes by US-led forces in Syria have killed 865 people, including 50 civilians, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Wednesday.
The majority of the deaths, 746, were Islamic State fighters, the group said, adding that the actual figure could be much higher.
Eight of the civilians were children and five were women, Reuters said, citing the report.
The air-strikes, which started on September 23, also killed 68 members of Al-Qaeda-affiliated Al-Nusra Front, according to the Observatory.
#AceWorldNews says nine people were reportedly killed and 14 soldiers kidnapped on Tuesday after a clash between gunmen and Yemeni troops in the southern city of Dalea.
Gunmen attacked a truck carrying food supplies, Reuters reported, citing defence ministry officials.
In the ensuing clash, four soldiers and one officer were killed and 14 others were abducted by the gunmen. Four civilians, including a child, were also killed in the incident, according to witnesses.
Dalea is considered a stronghold for separatists demanding restoration of the former state of South Yemen, which merged with the North in 1990.
Evacuation of civilians in Homs has begun – state TV
The evacuation of civilians from a besieged area of the city of Homs had begun under a humanitarian deal agreed this week, Syrian state television said on Friday.
The report could not immediately be confirmed independently, Reuters said.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said Friday that a three-day ceasefire has been agreed in negotiations between the local governor and a regional UN humanitarian coordinator in Syria to allow for the evacuation of civilians from Homs and supplies of humanitarian aid for those who choose to remain. The Russian embassy in Damascus “played an energetic role” in the talks, the ministry said.
200 civilians to leave besieged part of Syria’s Homs
About 200 people are expected to leave a besieged area of the Syrian city of Homs on Friday, governor Talal al-Barazi said. This would be the first stage of a humanitarian deal to evacuate civilians and allow aid to be delivered, Reuters reported.
Activists say 2,500 are trapped inside the area, struggling with hunger.