(PENNSYLVANIA) Supreme Court Report: US comedian Bill Cosby’s sexual assault conviction has been overturned paving the way for his release #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – July.01: Dozens of women had publically accused him of sexual assault, although he was only tried criminally for the incident against Andrea Constand. His conviction in 2018 was widely seen as a landmark moment in the #MeToo movement.

PENNSYLVANIA: Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction overturned he has served more than two years of a three to 10-year sentence at a state prison near Philadelphia.

Bill Cosby
Crosby’s Report:

He had been found guilty of drugging and molesting ex-basketball player Andrea Constand in 2004.

Cosby is best known for starring in the 1980s TV series The Cosby Show and was once known as “America’s Dad”.

But now, Pennsylvania’s highest court has found there was a “process violation” because Cosby had made an agreement with a previous state prosecutor that he would not be charged in the case.

However in 2015 a new prosecutor filed charges after testimony from a civil lawsuit brought by Andrea Constand against the actor was revealed.

“There is only one remedy that can completely restore Cosby to the status quo ante. He must be discharged, and any future prosecution on these particular charges must be barred”, the 79-page finding reads.

In their decision, the judges also found that testimony from accusers unrelated to the case had tainted the trial.

“Cosby’s convictions and judgment of sentence are vacated, and he is discharged,” the court said.

#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: July.01: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#conviction, #pennyslyvania

(LONDON) Croydon Crown Court Report: A man who fatally stabbed a 26-year-old man near West Ealing railway station in 2019 has been convicted of murder on Friday #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – May.01: The court heard that police were called at 01:18hrs on 24 November 2019 to reports of an injured man outside West Ealing station:

Man convicted of the murder of Mehran Heydari in Ealing in 2019: Ismail Yusuf,20 (27.08.00) of Hangar Lane, W5 was found guilty of the murder of Mehran Heydari on Friday, 30 April after a trial at Croydon Crown Court.

Victim: Mehran Heydari

Victim: Mehran Heydari

Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended. At the scene, Mehran was found in a vehicle suffering from a stab wound. He died a short time later.

A post-mortem examination held at Fulham Mortuary on 24 November 2019 found the cause of death to be a single stab wound to the heart.

In the investigation, a witness approached police and explained that he had been sat in a window which looked out onto the pavement in Avenue Road.

He heard loud voices like somebody was fighting, turned around and saw a male lying on the road with another on top of him.

He could see the male on top’s right shoulder, heard him shouting and could see his arm going up and down in a stabbing motion three or four times.

The assailant then ran away from the scene.

Enquiries established that the victim, in a desperate attempt to get help, got into his car and tried to drive away before crashing his car into another vehicle.

An investigation into the circumstances of the attack was launched by homicide detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command.

The investigation, using CCTV of the area, identified Yusuf as a suspect.

He was circulated as wanted for this offence on the 24 November 2019 and an extensive manhunt ensued. Various addresses were searched including those of family members.

Following this, Yusuf attended a north London police station on the 2 December 2019 where he was arrested. He was charged with murder on 3 December 2019 and remanded in custody.

Yusuf will appear at Croydon Crown Court for sentencing on Tuesday, 4 May.

Detective Sergeant Brian Jones, of the Specialist Crime team, said: “Mehran Heydari was the victim of a brutal assault at the hands of Ismail Yusuf. His death has left his family devastated. They will live with the impact of Yusuf’s actions for the rest of their lives – this is the tragedy of knife crime. I hope this urges those offenders who carry knives and other offensive weapons to seriously consider the impact of their decision: “ Yusuf is an incredibly dangerous individual and I have no doubt that the streets are a safer place now he is behind bars:” I hope the guilty verdict today begins to bring some justice and peace to his family who have had to deal with an awful and tragic situation.”

Hard calls save lives. Are you close to someone on the fringes of knife crime? Do the right thing, please give information 100 per cent anonymously through the independent charity Crimestoppers. It can feel like a hard call, but it could save the life of someone you love.

No piece of information about knife crime is insignificant or too small. Any information you give to Crimestoppers can make a difference in reducing knife crime and the harm it causes to families.

They never ask your name and they cannot trace your call, your IP address or the device you use. Fill in their quick online form or call 0800 555 111. It could save a life.

#AceNewsDesk report ………Published: May.01: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#conviction, #croydon, #ealing, #fatal-stabbing, #london

(LONDON) Court Report: MET Counter Terrorism Command & MI5 Investigation Has led to a man being convicted of planning to carry out a terrorist attack after a joint proactive operation #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Mar.14: However, MI5 and police were actively investigating Abu. He was detained during a proactive armed police operation carried out after he ordered a large sword online that he was planning to use in his attack:

Man convicted of plotting terror attack following Met and MI5 operation: ‘Sahayb Aweys Munye Abu, 27 (15.4.93) of east London, ordered weapons, equipment and clothing online in preparation for an attack, while visiting websites with #Daesh material and sharing his extremist views with people online’

Convicted: Sahayb Abu

Convicted: Sahayb Abu

Commander Richard Smith, head of the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, said: “ This is a prime example of how our officers and the security services are working together to keep people safe. Every day, counter-terrorism teams are identifying and targeting individuals and groups with violent, extremist views and those with terrorist intent. They gather the intelligence and evidence we need to identify those who pose a threat, so that we can stop their activity, bring them to justice and protect the public from harm: “ On Friday, 12 March, Abu was found guilty of preparation of terrorist acts (contrary to section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006), by a 11-1 majority verdict after a trial at the Old Bailey which started on Tuesday, 9 February.

He is due to be sentenced on Friday, 9 April.

The police investigation started in March 2020 due to concerns about Abu’s extremist mindset.

In May and June 2020 over several weeks, Abu made enquiries about and purchased a number of items that gave investigators cause for further concern – a lock knife, a ballistic vest, two balaclavas, fingerless gloves, a camo-print fisherman’s hat with face and neck cover, and finally a large sword.

During the course of the investigation, an undercover officer met and befriended Abu online and they met in person on two occasions. During their conversations, Abu spoke about obtaining firearms.

Abu was arrested on 9 July during an armed policing operation.

His electronic devices were seized and analysed and officers found dozens of messages, including video and voice messages, where Abu recited lyrics which reflected his extremist views.

In one song, he refers to himself as a “straight ISIS supporter”, talks about “heads rolling on the ground”, and says “got my suicide vest, one click boom and I’ll see you later.”

On the day of his arrest, he posted a message in a chat group saying “we need a 9/11 2.0” – referring to the terrorist attack on World Trade Centre in 2001.

His internet search and browsing history also showed that he visited websites about Daesh, and accessed and downloaded Daesh propaganda and other extremist content.

When interviewed by police, Abu denied any intention to commit a terrorist attack and said the items he had purchased were for display purposes and for use in parody “drill” music videos.

Commander Smith added: “Over several months, Abu sought to obtain weapons and the equipment needed to commit a terrorist attack. He is an extremely dangerous individual, but we were able to intervene and arrest him before he was able to carry out his attack: “ This investigation took place during the Covid-19 pandemic, but our focus on keeping the public safe from terrorism has not wavered during that time. Whilst people will clearly have other things on their minds at the moment, we must also remember that the threat of terrorism in the UK is still very real and an attack remains likely. We continue to rely on the public’s help and support in our ongoing fight against terrorism.”

If you have information about terrorist activity or offences, call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321. If there is an immediate threat, always call 999. For more information, visit www.gov.uk/report-terrorism.

If you have concerns about a friend or acquaintance who you believe is being radicalised or holds extremist beliefs, call the national police Prevent advice line on 0800 011 3764 in confidence. For more information, visit www.actearly.uk

+ Muhamed Aweys Munye Abu, 32 (1.1.89) of south London, was found not guilty of failing to disclose information about acts of terrorism (contrary to section 38B of the Terrorism Act 2000).

#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: Mar.14: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#conviction, #mctc, #mi5, #terrorism

(LONDON) Isleworth Crown Court Report: A man who photographed his unconscious victim after he had raped her in a park in Hayes has been convicted #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Mar.10: On Monday, 11 May, 2020, the victim, a woman in her late 20s, had met up with two friends in the evening. She remembers her intention of going home but was later unable to recall how she came to be in Hitherbroom Park in Hayes: At around 14:45hrs the following day (Tuesday, 12 May), the victim awoke in a daze, on the grass of the park, to find a man raping her. She began screaming at the unknown man, which alerted a nearby member of the public:

Man convicted of raping woman in Hayes park: ‘Thomas Mangar, 36 (06.01.85) of Bourne Avenue, Hillingdon was found guilty on Monday, 8 March of rape and sexual assault following a four day trial at Isleworth Crown Court’ He will be sentenced on Monday, 26 April:

Convicted: Thomas Mangar

Convicted: Thomas Mangar

During the trial, the court heard testimony from a male witness who heard the victim’s screams and saw her push and hit her attacker.

The witness had a brief conversation with the victim before he called police and upon arrival officers spoke with the victim and the witness.

The witness explained to officers that prior to their arrival he had chased and caught up with the attacker who had told him he was trying to help the victim, believing she was having a heart attack. Both men parted company on Avondale Drive, Hillingdon.

Four days later, the witness spotted Mangar again within the vicinity of the park and called police who arrested him.

They heard how photographic evidence was found on Mangar’s phone, it included selfies taken by him with his thumbs up and of the victim lying down, exposed and in an unconscious state. During the trial, the jury also heard that DNA evidence from a condom was recovered from the scene – it carried the profile of Mangar. There was also the profile of the victim found on a discarded and torn condom wrapper nearby.

Detective Constable Alan Wong, the investigating officer, said:“Mangar carried out an audacious attack on a vulnerable female in broad daylight whilst she was unconscious with no capacity to consent or defend herself until she remembered his breathing woke her up and him on top of her. Thankfully, a member of the public witnessed part of the incident and called the police: “ Although Mangar fled the scene he was identified four days later by the same member of public and this time the police arrested Mangar and a thorough investigation ensued with a tremendous team effort of the West Area Sapphire Team: “ The victim in this case has shown tremendous strength and courage to engage with the police; her evidence and that of the male witness were vital in ensuring a dangerous individual has been brought to justice: “ We are pleased to have secured this verdict which will, I hope, give the victim some measure of comfort and closure as well as encourage other victims of sexual assault to come forward to police and be assured that we will thoroughly investigate.”

+ If you have been a victim of sexual assault or rape or you have information about an offender, contact police on 101 or 999 in an emergency – there are specially trained officers who will listen and investigate where needed: Further information, including details of agencies and charities that can offer support can be found on our website

#AceNewsDesk report ………Published: Mar.10: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#conviction, #court-report, #isleworth, #london

SOUTH AFRICA: ‘ PROSECUTORS FILE APPEAL AGAINST OSCAR PISTORIUS SENTENCE & CONVICTION ‘

#AceWorldNews – SOUTH AFRICA – November 04 – South African prosecutors have filed an appeal against the sentence and conviction of Oscar Pistorius.

Last month the Paralympian athlete was sentenced to five years in prison for shooting dead his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day.

Pistorius said he shot in the belief an intruder had sneaked into his home, and the judge cleared him of murder.

The National Prosecuting Authority said “Today, we announce that the NPA filed the application for leave to appeal both the conviction and sentence, adding that the appeal was based on the question of law.”

Pistorius’s lawyers have called for his release from prison.

#ANS2014 

#conviction, #killed, #sentence, #shot