#AceNewsReport – Sept.05: A major search operation off Whitsand Bay continued into the early hours of Saturday morning…..
#AceDailyNews says two missing divers presumed dead off Cornwall coast after the pair were diving around the HMS Scylla which was sunk in 2004 to create an offshore reef as major search underway ……
James Instance from Falmouth Coastguard said they suspected the pair had died, but that had not been confirmed: He said a member of the diving party had raised the alarm at about 19:45 BST on Friday after the pair did not return to the surface.
Mr Instance said: “We swang into action a search and rescue plan involving the rescue helicopter from Newquay, the Looe and Plymouth inshore lifeboats, Plymouth all-weather lifeboat, a police launch and other vessels. The dive boat also remained on scene: We were unable to locate or find anybody: Our thoughts are with the people who were in the dive party who are dealing with what is a very traumatic experience.” …………Mr Instance said leisure divers were being asked to stay away from the wreck while a recovery effort was under way.
#AceNewsReport – Aug.14: All the deceased lived locally in the Keyham area: The offender has been named as Jake Davison, aged 22….
#AceDailyNews: Further Update: Over shootings, in Keyham, Plymouth on Thursday night that killed five people including the killer acording to Devon & Cornawall police …
The victims have been identified as Maxine Davison, also known as Maxine Chapman, aged 51, who was the mother of the offender.
Further victims were Sophie Martyn, aged three, and her father Lee Martyn, aged 43.
Stephen Washington, aged 59, was also deceased. The final deceased person was Kate Shepherd, aged 66, who was injured at the scene and died later at Derriford Hospital.
As previously said by Devon & Cornwall Police, the firearm believed to have been used during the incident was legally held by the offender. The circumstances surrounding that have now been subject to a mandatory referral to the IOPC by Devon & Cornwall Police.
Police continue to investigate 13 scenes within the cordon in Keyham which is expected to remain in place throughout much of the weekend.
Anyone feeling vulnerable or wanting support can contact the Victim Support’s National Helpline on 0808 1689 111.
Anyone with specific information regarding this incident can contact 01752 487880.
Release date: 13/Aug/2021 05:22 Author ID: 1724
Six people left dead including suspect
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of a shooting in Keyham, Plymouth on Thursday evening which has left six people dead.
Police were called shortly 6.11pm on Thursday after shots were reported as being fired in the Biddick Drive area of the city.
Firearms officers attended and one woman, two men and a young girl, as well as the offender were all found deceased in the area.
The offender was reported deceased at 6.23pm.
An injured woman also died later at Derriford Hospital.
Those deceased were a 51-year-old woman who was known to the offender, a three year-old girl and a related 43-year-old man, a 59-year-old man and a 66-year-old woman who died later in hospital.
Two other people, a 53-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man who were known to each other, were injured at the scene and continue to be treated in hospital. Neither are seriously injured.
Devon & Cornwall Chief Constable Shaun Sawyer said: “This is a truly shocking and tragic incident which has seen five people and an offender lose their life: The impact on the local community of Keyham, the city of Plymouth and many communities across the country in which relatives of the deceased live will be felt for many months and years: I have already been involved in extensive discussions with Plymouth City Council and local community leaders earlier today and we are committed to playing our part in helping the community deal with the impact a event like this brings.”
Jake Davison was a licensed firearm holder, the circumstances of which will now be subject to full, independent investigation and scrutiny.
Chief Constable Sawyer added: “I am immensely proud of how my officers dealt with the initial call and response to what was described as an extremely distressing scene: Both non-armed and armed officers attended within six minutes to what was a very fast moving event: We will now take whatever time is necessary to examine some 13 scenes within the immediate area. This may cause some disruption to the local community, for which we apologise, but there must be a forensic analysis to piece together any evidence possible”
Chief Constable Sawyer said: “This was a deeply traumatic event and I know local people will be worried and concerned:
“Anybody wanting support can contact the Victim Support’s National Helpline on 0808 1689 111.
“We will continue to talk and listen to our communities and support them in any way we can over the coming days and weeks.”
Devon & Cornwall Police have established a dedicated phone line for anyone with information concerning Thursday’s incident to contact.
Any witnesses or anyone with information can contact 01752 487880.
#AceNewsReport – Aug.13: Police were called to a serious firearms incident in Biddick Drive, in the Keyham area of Plymouth at around 6.10pm today [Thursday 12 August].
#AceDailyNews reports UPDATE: Six fatalities reported including suspect following attendance at the scene, two females and two males were deceased at the scene. A further male, believed to be the offender, was also deceased at the scene. All are believed to have died from gunshot wounds …
Officers and ambulance staff attended the scene.
Another female treated at the scene for gunshot wounds, died a short time later in hospital.
All of the next of kin of the deceased have been located and informed by Devon & Cornwall Police officers.
Devon & Cornwall Police would stress this is not a terrorism related incident.
The area has been cordoned off and police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
Investigations are continuing into the incident and disruption to the road network in the Keyham will remain throughout the night.
Police continue to ask any members of the public with mobile phone footage of the immediate aftermath of the incident not to post this on social media platforms and to respect those families who have lost loved ones this evening.
#AceNewsReport – June.12: One person in their work bubble provided a positive lateral flow test on Friday morning: The team were being accommodated on a ferry in Falmouth, but have since been moved to a designated isolation area.
G7 Summit: Officer staying on ferry tests positive for #COVID19 that is being held in Carbis Bay in more than 4,000 rooms in separate accommodation, such as hotels, that were also booked by the police force: Devon and Cornwall Police said the next stage is for those with positive results to undertake a PCR test.
20 hours ago
A spokesperson added: “As part of our testing regime, during the early hours of 11 June one officer who is currently supporting G7 policing and accommodated on the ferry, has given a positive lateral flow test for #COVID19: The officer, plus those who have come into close contact, are currently self-isolating at another designated location: We are continuing to follow the advice of Public Health England.”
More than 5,000 officers, on top of 1,500 from the force, are helping police the summit of world leaders.
The first contingent of officers left for Cornwall from Scotland on Sunday morning
Police had hired a cruise ship to accommodate officers working during the summit………
#AceNewsReport – June.12: Three people were arrested on suspicion of possession of an article with intent to commit criminal damage and four were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit public nuisance:
The vehicles were stopped at Loggans Road in Hayle at around 17:00 BST on Thursday.
Those arrested were a 30-year-old man from London, a 21-year-old woman from Wales, and a 20-year-old man from Bournemouth, all on suspicion of possession of an article with intent to commit criminal damage.
Two men from London aged 25 and 27, a 45-year-old woman from London and a 26-year-old woman from Epsom were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit public nuisance.
Devon and Cornwall Police said they remained in police custody, while the items and the vehicles had been seized.
A spokesman said: “We continue to support the facilitation of safe and legal protest but criminal activity and public disorder will not be tolerated.”
World leaders have travelled to Cornwall for the talks, which start on Friday, with vaccines and climate change on the agenda.
#AceNewsReport – June.10: Police said the man, from Falmouth, has been taken into custody.
G7: Hoax device arrest after Cornwall hotel evacuated: About 100 people were moved from the Falmouth Hotel and neighbouring buildings early on Thursday morning after the suspicious package was found on grounds outside, police said: Devon and Cornwall Police tweeted that officers were called to the hotel in Cliff Road at about 03:15 BST.
The town is hosting the international media centre for the G7 summit, which will begin in Carbis Bay on Friday.
The device was declared safe by a Royal Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal team.
A 328ft (100m) cordon was removed by 06:30 BST and residents were allowed to return to buildings.
A police spokesperson tweeted: “A smaller scene guard will remain in place until the item is collected and removed by scenes of crime.”
#AceHealthNews says according to Nadine Dorris the NHS is in good hands, with the Conservatives in charge. Of course Labour and many of the of public, do not agree.
My colleague Kev sent me this post and his words says it all ” Talk about not being able to own up to anything” but then what really is behind people thinking the NHS has no money, well let me answer this the only way l know how, having spent over 5 years trying to understand the system.
It all, starts one day when one elderly person goes into decline, and you need to consider their healthcare, and the more you get embroiled in the system, the more you realise, that is really simple!
There is plenty of money, it is all ring fenced and this allows all essential services to be starved, of funding.
This creates what has come to be called a “Two Tier System” whereby the people who need essential care, who cannot understand the system, do not get it, and those that “Do Not Take No For An Answer” such as myself, can get what other people already have got with a little work.
Though there is a much deeper reason for starving our NHS and that is essential services, can be farmed out to a “Third Party Contractor” this present Government has turned this into an art, and can make us mere mortal’s ,believe their rhetoric.
Their favourite words are watch-words – such as `it is for your own good’ or `we are looking after your children’s future’ making people believe they really care – `they do not’ – all they care about is putting in place, the legacy of `Maggie Thatcher‘ and finishing what she started.
It was almost two years ago that whistle-blowersexposed the failings of the privatised out-of-hours GP service run by Serco in Cornwall. Yesterday, finally, they were vindicated. The powerful parliamentary public accounts committee summoned Serco and the NHS body responsible for commissioning them, the Cornwall primary care trust, and gave them the roasting they deserved for a culture of “lying and cheating” and for “shocking” inadequacies in writing and monitoring the contract. The committee had asked the National Audit Office to report on the service after revelations in the Guardian. Members from all parties were excoriating in their judgment of Serco’s behaviour and the inability of the trust to hold the company, which has £2.4bn of public-sectorcontracts in the UK, to account.
The bigger question, however, is whether NHS patients will be any better protected in future as more services are put out to tender.Serco’s health business is growing rapidly – it has £300m worth of contracts in the sector. Other than a dent to its reputation, it has suffered no penalty. It has not been fined for lying and breaching its contract, nor has it lost the job. Its public-sector business just keeps getting bigger as its share price rises. If a private company behaved this way to another private company over a contract, it would find itself in court. Not so when rapacious corporates (the committee’s description) do business with the public sector. A small sorry is enough.
Contractors and Subcontractors pdf according to National Audit Office the use of contractors and sub-contractors is increasing in the NHS, yet evidence suggests that a third of trusts believe they have limited control over their contractors’ health and safety.
These people are this Governments `Chosen Few’ and they are the ones who will support the Government and in so doing will get their “Earthly Reward” of these large “Taxpayer Funded” contracts.
Personally l do not see this as good news for the country and especially theNHS as this leads to that “Two Tier System l told you about, but this time it will be Private Healthcare V’s Free at Point of Delivery.