#AceNewsReport – Aug.18: Mathew Badibango, of Manorwood Drive, Whiston, was jailed for twelve years at Liverpool Crown Court today (Monday 16 August) after pleading guilty to being concerned in the supply of Class A and B drugs.
So far, the ongoing work of Operation Venetic to unmask drug dealers using encrochat devices has seen more than 140 arrests, 110 charged and 34 people being sentenced to a total of 402 years in prison across Merseyside.
Badibango, used the encrochat handle ‘Bagbangboomboom’ to distribute large quantities of cannabis, cocaine, heroin and amphetamine across Merseyside from his Whiston home.
He was arrested in September last year and later charged.
Investigations continue to recoup ill-gotten gains under the Proceeds of Crime Act, and so far we have recovered £1.8 million in cash, 110kg of cocaine and heroin, and four firearms with ammunition.
Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Smith said: “Today we have seen another sentencing as part of national Operation Venetic, which came about after law enforcement officials in Europe managed to crack the ‘encrochat’ service being used by criminals involved in serious and organised crime to carry out their business.
“Badibango was supplying large amounts of illegal drugs and generating vast profits in doing so. He will now perhaps take time to reflect on the risks he took and the harm he caused, while serving his jail time.
“Our work to track these criminals down and bring down serious and organised criminal groups remain ongoing. To those who we haven’t got to yet, our message is clear … expect the knock at the door.
“Merseyside Police, along with law enforcement agencies across the world, will leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of those people who think they are above the law, and we will continue to target anyone involved in serious organised crime to keep this positive momentum going.”
#AceNewsReport – Aug.18: The teenager appeared by video link on Tuesday also charged with possessing a knife in public: He spoke only to confirm his name and age.
#AceDailyNews says that a boy aged 14, in court on murder charge for ‘fatal stabbing’ of James Markham, 45, was killed on 9 August after confronting youths who were shouting at his daughter outside their home in Chingford.
The court heard Mr Markham received two stab wounds, one to the left hand side which was the fatal injury, and another to his neck.
The boy has been further charged with breaching a criminal behaviour order (CBO), and remains in youth detention ahead of a plea hearing on 2 November.
#AceNewsReport – Aug.13: Fadare, 39 (04.03.83) of Upton Road, Enfield appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday, 11 August and was sentenced to a total of 25 months’ imprisonment after previously pleading guilty to five sexual assaults.
#AceDailyNewsreports a man has been jailed for 25-months and a five-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order and will be made to sign the Sex Offenders Register for 5-sexual assaults in east and central London after detectives pieced together CCTV footage and financial evidence to link Adekunle Olaleye Fadare to five separate sexual assaults, four of which took place on the same day.
COURT CASE NOTES: On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 Fadare arrived in Chingford shortly before 07:25hrs and over the following four and a half hours carried out the four indiscriminate sexual assaults.
Shortly after arriving in Chingford, Fadare attempted to buy food using his bank card. After the payment was declined he made off with the food without paying. This declined payment would later play a key role in helping detectives place Fadare in Chingford at the time the offences took place.
After fleeing the scene, Fadare encountered the first victim, a 23-year-old woman on Hall Lane, E4 as she walked to work.
The victim became aware of Fadare walking behind her and she attempted to quicken her pace to get away from him. Fadare touched her inappropriately from behind before grabbing her arm as he drew level with her. He then asked the woman where she was going.
The victim told him to go away and Fadare walked a few paces past her before turning around and walked back toward her.
In order to avoid him, the victim ducked into a side street. Fadare walked back in the same direction he had just come from.
From Hall Lane, Fadare made his way to Chingford Mount Road where he targeted a 15-year-old girl waiting at a bus stop on her way to school.
At approximately 07:40hrs Fadare approached her and sexually assaulted her by touching. Whilst carrying out the assault he also made lewd comments to the victim.
In a state of shock she backed away from Fadare telling him to leave her alone.
After this second assault, Fadare then made his way to the borders of Leyton and Hackney.
At around 11:40hrs on a pathway in Lea Valley Park, Fadare chanced upon a 31-year-old woman out with her child.
She was walking along a pathway in Lea Valley Park, as she continued towards a footbridge she noticed Fadare walking towards her. He did not move out of her way and once she was close enough, he again sexually assaulted her by touching her.
Following the assault, the victim she quickly towards the bridge, as she looked back she could see Fadare looking at her and smiling. He then turned and headed towards some bushes.
Approximately 20 minutes after this assault Fadare attacked a fourth victim, a 30-year-old woman also out with her child in Lea Valley Park. The victim had stopped to look at some horses in a paddock. Whilst standing near the fence she noticed from the corner of her eye, Fadare approaching her.
He walked past her child and stopped behind her. As she turned round and faced him, he then sexually assaulted her. Believing Fadare wanted to rob her, the victim got her phone out and told him to take it. This movement allowed the victim to break free from Fadare’s grip and run away with her child.
Days later, on Thursday, 5 November Fadare sexually assaulted a fifth woman as she waited for a bus Middlesex Street, in the City of London. The victim was an off duty police officer and when Fadare left he was followed by the victim who alerted police and he was detained.
Detectives from North East Operation Sapphire linked the attacks thanks to the similar descriptions provided by the victims as well as the striking similarities in the nature of the offences. Fadare struck when the women were alone so there were no other witnesses to his crimes so officers had to use CCTV to construct a timeline of Fadare’s movements.
After his arrest an identity parade was carried out where Fadare was independently positively identified by the victims.
During his interview he refused to answer any questions put to him by detectives.
Detective Sergeant Darren Case, from Operation Sapphire, said:“Fadare has shown himself to be a sexual predator who methodically targeted the most vulnerable women that he could find. In particular he targeted a schoolgirl and two women who were with their children. He attacked these women when they were alone and in some cases in secluded areas. He thought this would help him conceal his crimes but I’m pleased to say he was wrong.
“This investigation relied upon the dedication of officers to trawl hours of CCTV footage to identify and plot Fadare’s movements that day. The investigating officer, DC Tim Hudson, was tenacious in his efforts to identify Fadare and with the support of financial enquiries was able to identify him and see that he was brought before the court. The Met is steadfast in its commitment to supporting victims of sexual assault and bringing offenders like Fadare to justice.
“I would like to take the opportunity to highlight the courage and strength that the women have shown throughout the investigation. I hope this sentence helps bring some closure to them and this terrible experience they have endured.”
#AceNewsReport – Aug.12: Mohammad Jalloh, 19 (05.12.01), of Watt Street, Wapping; Vagnei Colubali, 23 (18.01.98) of Suffolk Road, Enfield; David Ture, 19 (09.11.01) of Bloomsbury Street, Camden and a 17-year-old male from Telford, Shropshire were convicted at the Old Bailey following a six-week trial which concluded on Wednesday, 11 August.
#AceDailyNews Court Report: Four guilty of murdering NHS worker in Newham after a six-week-trial endedyesterdayWednesday in the Old Bailey and they will be sentenced at the same court on Tuesday, 17 September.
David was stabbed at least nine times by the group as he walked down Freemasons Road, E16 while on the phone to his girlfriend: He managed to stagger back to his home address where he collapsed on the ground outside. Despite being given emergency surgery in the street, David died soon after arriving at hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith, who led the investigation, said: “David was a young man with ambitions to make something of himself but his life was cruelly snatched away at the age of just 24: He was not involved in any gang nor was he mistaken by the group for someone they knew. His only crime – in their eyes – was that he lived in the wrong part of Newham and so was classed as a rival: His family not only had to deal with the trauma of witnessing him dying outside of their own home but now have to face the reality of living without their son and brother for the rest of their lives: The court heard that on Sunday, 26 April 2020, the group – who all had links to gangs – armed themselves with knives and set out from a hotel in Stratford towards Canning Town in a stolen car fitted with false plates: They had just one purpose – to hunt out a potential ‘rival’ from Canning Town which they saw as ‘enemy territory: CCTV played in court showed that less than an hour before they set upon David, the defendants came across another man who they chased, carrying their weapons in their hands. Fortunately, he managed to outrun the group: Cameras on board a bus then captured the car turning its lights off and stopping beside David, who turned to run as the doors to the vehicle opened. The attack itself was also caught on CCTV: His girlfriend, who he was speaking to at the time, heard a male voice ask ‘where are you from’ before the phone call ended.
Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command quickly began an investigation and the stolen car was found abandoned in Lincoln Road, E13, less than a mile from the scene of the fatal stabbing: A pair of sunglasses were found on the back seat of the vehicle, with DNA evidence linking them to Mohammad Jalloh. Another pair of sunglasses was recovered from the scene of the attack; DNA from the 17-year-old was found upon the left arm: CCTV seized also showed the four defendants meeting up earlier that day, leaving the same hotel in Forest Gate and walking down the road where they had parked the stolen car the previous evening. The car itself is then captured numerous times on CCTV as it made its journey south towards Freemasons Road: During a search of Ture’s address, a series of graphic drawings were located which appeared to depict the fatal stabbing. Not only was the address of the murder identified but the clothing worn by the group was also shown.
DCI Smith added: “The four defendants set out that night ready and armed for savage violence and it was obvious from the evidence gathered that their attack was premeditated: What they had not worked out was who their victim would be. They did not know David, they did not care who he was or whether he was involved in a rival gang. He was simply a fair target in their petty game: Our thoughts remain with David’s family who have conducted themselves with dignity throughout the investigation and trial. Nothing will ever bring David back but we hope knowing his killers will be behind bars brings some measure of comfort as they continue to grieve.”
David’s mum Marian said: “David’s murder is without doubt the hardest thing my family and I have been through. It is something that no parent should ever go through. While this has been painful beyond words, I am beyond grateful to God that today we have seen justice and the four men who took my son’s life have been found guilty: The family would like to thank all the first responders on the scene that fateful night; the media, the police, especially the investigating officers, who have worked so hard to secure justice for David Jason Junior Gomoh, who was such a charismatic, intelligent and focused young gentleman: Nothing will bring back a life that was so full of promise and hope, a life that was brutally taken away from us; but we are grateful that now we can begin to mourn and build a fitting legacy for David.”
#AceNewsReport – May.27: He was also given a 10 year Sexual Harm Prevention Order, a restraining order until further notice, and ordered to pay compensation to victim amounting to £190:
LONDON: Man jailed after stalking a woman Charles Cox first appeared by the victim’s back garden which backs on to Union Canal around midnight on 4 May 2020. Cox made repeated visits to the spot in June, and when the woman noticed that her fence was damaged on 27 June, she installed CCTV as a safety measure.
[Jailed: Charles Thomas Cox]
Cox pleaded guilty to the above offences at the same court on 18 December 2020: She did not see Cox again until 7 November when she reviewed her CCTV. The footage showed Cox in her garden on three occasions in October. On 3 November Cox entered her garden and broke into her home where he stole a set of keys, slippers and underwear: Cox was arrested on 19 November after a DNA match:
Detective Constable Michael Dixon, who led the investigation, said: “We still don’t know why Charles Cox developed an obsession with the woman who he had never met before: His stalking must have been extremely disturbing and shocking, especially as it happened at the victim’s home. Alarmingly Charles Cox went on to break into her house where he stole various items from, including the victim’s underwear: We were able to identify Charles Cox after sending semen found on the victim’s back door for urgent examination which resulted in a DNA match: I would urge anyone being targeted and stalked to immediately report it. This will help us to take offenders like Charles Cox off the streets of London and make our city a safer place for all.”
#AceNewsReport – Mar.10: On Monday, 11 May, 2020, the victim, a woman in her late 20s, had met up with two friends in the evening. She remembers her intention of going home but was later unable to recall how she came to be in Hitherbroom Park in Hayes: At around 14:45hrs the following day (Tuesday, 12 May), the victim awoke in a daze, on the grass of the park, to find a man raping her. She began screaming at the unknown man, which alerted a nearby member of the public:
Man convicted of raping woman in Hayes park: ‘Thomas Mangar, 36 (06.01.85) of Bourne Avenue, Hillingdon was found guilty on Monday, 8 March of rape and sexual assault following a four day trial at Isleworth Crown Court’ He will be sentenced on Monday, 26 April:
Convicted: Thomas Mangar
During the trial, the court heard testimony from a male witness who heard the victim’s screams and saw her push and hit her attacker.
The witness had a brief conversation with the victim before he called police and upon arrival officers spoke with the victim and the witness.
The witness explained to officers that prior to their arrival he had chased and caught up with the attacker who had told him he was trying to help the victim, believing she was having a heart attack. Both men parted company on Avondale Drive, Hillingdon.
Four days later, the witness spotted Mangar again within the vicinity of the park and called police who arrested him.
They heard how photographic evidence was found on Mangar’s phone, it included selfies taken by him with his thumbs up and of the victim lying down, exposed and in an unconscious state. During the trial, the jury also heard that DNA evidence from a condom was recovered from the scene – it carried the profile of Mangar. There was also the profile of the victim found on a discarded and torn condom wrapper nearby.
Detective Constable Alan Wong, the investigating officer, said:“Mangar carried out an audacious attack on a vulnerable female in broad daylight whilst she was unconscious with no capacity to consent or defend herself until she remembered his breathing woke her up and him on top of her. Thankfully, a member of the public witnessed part of the incident and called the police: “ Although Mangar fled the scene he was identified four days later by the same member of public and this time the police arrested Mangar and a thorough investigation ensued with a tremendous team effort of the West Area Sapphire Team: “ The victim in this case has shown tremendous strength and courage to engage with the police; her evidence and that of the male witness were vital in ensuring a dangerous individual has been brought to justice: “ We are pleased to have secured this verdict which will, I hope, give the victim some measure of comfort and closure as well as encourage other victims of sexual assault to come forward to police and be assured that we will thoroughly investigate.”
+ If you have been a victim of sexual assault or rape or you have information about an offender, contact police on 101 or 999 in an emergency – there are specially trained officers who will listen and investigate where needed: Further information, including details of agencies and charities that can offer support can be found on our website