#AceNewsReport – July.04: The flight went down after leaving Port-au-Prince, the country’s capital, en route to Jacmel on the southern coast, after taking off around 7 p.m. local time, Haiti’s National Civil Aviation Office said, according to Agence France-Presse.
HAITI: Two American missionaries were among six people killed Friday when a private plane crashed in Haiti, according to reports.
U.S.-based Gospel to Haiti identified the Americans on Facebook as Trent Hostetler, 35, and John Miller, 43, adding that Hostetler’s wife and children had taken an earlier flight. Miller was from Wisconsin, a Facebook post said; it was unclear where Hostetler was from.
The other four passengers haven’t been publicly identified.
“There wasn’t room for everyone on the first flight so Erica [Hostetler] and their 3 children, along with some other friends visiting Haiti took a flight and Trent [Hostetler] and John [Miller] were to come on another small plane soon after them,” Gospel to Haiti wrote in the post. “When the 2nd plane didn’t show up, they were very concerned and soon heard that the plane had gone down somewhere near Leogane.”
They said a search team found the wreckage Saturday morning and confirmed there were no survivors.
“Because of the political unrest, the gang violence and so on in Haiti, they were taking this small plane to Jacmel where they would meet up with the rest of their family,” Darwin Hostetler, Trent’s cousin who was also involved in the mission, told the Miami Herald. “They were flying to Jacmel and then they were going to meet up with our missionaries then, who were going to take them to Petit-Goâve.”
The cause of the crash hasn’t been determined, AFP reported. Although Hurricane Elsa was approaching, authorities didn’t cite weather conditions as a possble factor.
The single-engine aircraft was registered to a South Florida company, the Herald reported.
#AceNewsReport – July.04: So far 40 wounded and injured were rescued and 17 bodies recovered. Rescue and recovery is ongoing,” Defence Minister Delfin Lorenzana said in a statement, adding that 92 people had been on board.
MANILA: Philippines Air Force plane crashes, killing at least 17 people according to Reuters the Lockheed C-130 transport aircraft crashed on Sunday at Patikul, in Sulu province, in the far south of the archipelago nation where the army has been fighting a long war against Islamist militants from the Abu Sayyaf and other factions.
Military chief Cirilito Sobejana said the plane had “missed the runway trying to regain power”.
A military spokesman, Colonel Edgard Arevalo, said there was no indication of any attack on the plane, but that a crash investigation had not begun and efforts were focused on rescue and treatment.
Pictures from the scene showed flames and smoke pouring from wreckage strewn among trees as men in combat uniform milled around.
Mr Sobejana said the plane had crashed a few kilometres from Jolo airport at 11:30am (local time).
“We are currently attending to the survivors who were immediately brought to the 11th Infantry Division station hospital in Busbus, Jolo, Sulu,” he said.
#AceNewsReport – June.28: Five people have died after a hot air balloon accident in the US state of New Mexico: Three of those killed were men and two were women, all between the ages of 40 and 60, police said.
ALBUQUERQUE: Police said the balloon hit electric power lines in the city before plummeting to the ground: The crash happened around 7:00am on Saturday, causing 13,000 homes to lose power.
Four people died at the scene, while a fifth succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
The balloon’s gondola fell about 30 metres and crashed in the middle of a busy street, catching on fire, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
Bystanders frantically called out for a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, video posted online showed.
“The balloon hit the top wires — the gondola of the balloon skirted along the top wire, caught on fire and crashed into the intersection,” police spokesman Gilbert Gallegos said.
The envelope of the balloon floated away, eventually landing on a residential rooftop, Mr Gallegos said.
Authorities are yet to determine what caused the crash.
Albuquerque is a popular destination for hot air ballooning, hosting a nine-day event every October that draws hundreds of thousands of spectators and balloon pilots from around the world.
In 2016, in the neighbouring state of Texas, a hot air balloon hit high-tension power lines before crashing into a field, killing all 16 people on board.
Federal authorities said at the time it was the worst such disaster in US history.
“Our balloonists tend to be very much experts at navigating, but sometimes we have these types of tragic accidents,” Mr Gallegos said.
#AceNewsReport – June.04: Medical and emergency teams have been deployed to carry out rescue efforts: But Chinese netizens are questioning how the accident could have happened:
CHINA: Nine dead after train, which was on route from Urumqi to Hangzhou, crashed into railway workers working on the line at around 05:25 on Friday (21:25 GMT) in Jinchang city, local authorities said.
5 hours ago
“If the workers were carrying out maintenance work, then the train drivers should have known about it. How could this have happened? That’s nine lives gone!”, someone wrote on microblogging platform Weibo.
Another person demanded accountability: “Who is responsible and what has he been doing?”
#AceNewsReport – Apr.19: The crash happened just after 9 p.m. on Hammock Dunes Place in the Carlton Woods Creekside subdivision. The victims were said to have been two men who were 59 and 69 years old, however police have not released their names yet.
59 and 69-year-old men dead after self-driving Tesla crash, authorities said: ‘The flames reportedly took hours to extinguish, and Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman said the investigation has led them to believe that there was no one driving the car when the crash occurred’
Firefighters and medics were called to the scene after reports of an explosion in the woods after the Tesla ran off the road, authorities said.
The Tesla was traveling from a cul-de-sac on Hammock Dunes Place and did not negotiate a curve. The vehicle crashed into a tree before bursting into flames.
Crews found two bodies inside the vehicle, a man in the front passenger seat and another man in the back passenger seat.
The batteries on board the Tesla continued to ignite despite efforts to douse the flames, authorities said. It reportedly took around four hours and more than 30,000 gallons of water before firefighters decided to let the fire burn itself out.
The identities of the victims were not immediately released.
#AceNewsReport – Mar.09: Vanessa Bryant can obtain the names of four Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies who her lawyers allege in a lawsuit shared “unauthorized” photos of the site of the helicopter crash that killed her husband, Kobe Bryant, their daughter and seven others, a federal judge ruled Monday:
In win for Vanessa Bryant, judge rules deputies who shared Kobe crash photos can be named: ‘They argued that releasing the names would make the deputies’ addresses and other personal information only a click away on the internet and that hackers could target them. The ruling means Vanessa Bryant’s lawyers can add the deputies’ names and details from the internal affairs investigation about their conduct to an amended complaint in her civil rights lawsuit against the county and the Sheriff’s Department led by Alex Villanueva’ A Los Angeles Times investigation in 2020 found that deputies had shared photos of the crash site:
The judge wrote that “Sheriff Villanueva’s promise to publicly release the [internal affairs bureau] report after the conclusion of the investigation undermines Defendants’ purported concern in the disclosure of the limited excerpts at issue here.” Local court rules give the county four days to appeal the ruling.
Walter noted there is “a strong presumption of access as a starting point” and the county failed to show compelling reasons to do otherwise. Bryant’s lawyers blacked out the deputies’ names in their filing, pending the court’s decision on whether the complaint should be sealed.
Vanessa Bryant attorney Luis Li said “transparency promotes accountability. We look forward to presenting Mrs. Bryant’s case in open court.”
In the ruling, Walter found that allegations of police officer misconduct should not be hidden from the public eye. “Indeed where the case involves allegations of police misconduct, the public has a vested interest in assessing the truthfulness of the allegations of official misconduct, and whether agencies that are responsible for investigating and adjudicating complaints of misconduct have acted properly and wisely,” he wrote.
He gave a detailed rejection of the county arguments. “Although the Court recognizes that this case has been the subject of public scrutiny and media attention and that the Deputy Defendants are legitimately concerned that they will encounter vitriol and social media attacks, such concerns, by themselves, are not sufficient to outweigh the public’s strong interest in access.”
The judge noted that an argument by the county that by identifying the deputies they could be targeted by hackers seeking the photos of the tragic scene made no sense. “Moreover, Defendants’ concern that hackers may attempt to seek out and gain access to the individual deputies’ devices to locate any photographs and publish them is totally inconsistent with their position that such photographs no longer exist.”
The lawsuit seeks damages for negligence and invasion of privacy, alleging deputies and firefighters took and shared photos of the children, parents and coaches who died in the Jan. 26, 2020, crash. The amended complaint filed last month provided new details of their alleged behavior in sharing photos of the remains at the Calabasas crash site.
Bryant lawyers noted that the case cited as precedent by the county in its effort to hide the identities involves sexual harassment victims. “Defendants try to equate the Deputy Defendants who shared photos of Kobe and Gianna Bryant’s remains with victims of sexual harassment and other abuse,” attorney Luis Li wrote in court papers.
The suit alleges a Sheriff’s Department internal affairs report found that one deputy took 25 to 100 photos at the scene and that photos spread quickly by text and phone-sharing technology over the next 48 hours among deputies who showed them to others. The county has claimed that all the photos have been deleted.
Judge Walter found that Vanessa Bryant’s legal team also can quote from an internal affairs report turned over to them by the county. Walter wrote “contrary to Defendants’ assertions otherwise, courts have recognized that victims, witnesses, and other officers may be more likely to participate in investigations or discipline proceedings if they believe their reports of misconduct will be thoroughly and fairly investigated.”
The suit alleges that several deputies shared images from the crash site, as did several county firefighters who were witnessed snapping images on personal phones. The suit notes that a Los Angeles County fire captain, who was a spokesman, has said that he received photos from multiple firefighters at the scene.
Bryant’s lawyers detailed how some of the deputies got the photographs. The court filings accuse only one deputy of taking photos. It is unclear from the litigation whether it was his images that were repeatedly shared by others.
#AceWorldNews – PERU:Jan.11: More than 20 people died as a result of a bus swerving off a cliff in Peru, as the driver struggled to make a sharp turn at an altitude of 3,500 meters (11,500 feet) above sea level and the bus plunged into a 100-meter-deep ravine, killing 23 and injuring a further 30 people.
The incident took place at 14:00 local time in the south-east of the country, on a road connecting the Santa Barbara and Sicuani districts.
According to AFP, local law enforcement says that weather conditions could have contributed to the accident, as well as the poor state of the country roads.
#AceworldNews – Update: SURABAYA:Jan.04: As relatives of those who died in the AirAsia crash sought strength in prayer Sunday, one week after the disaster killed all 162 on board, as rough weather again prevented searchers from reaching a large object on the ocean floor believed to be the plane’s fuselage.
‘ Prayers for Air Asia Victims ‘
Emotionally exhausted family members sang and cried at a tiny chapel in Surabaya, the city where Flight 8501 departed from Dec. 28.
The Rev. Philip Mantofa, who heads the congregation at Mawar Sharon Church – where more than a quarter of the victims were members – urged those gathered to find comfort in their faith. “If God has called your child, allow me to say this: Your child is not to be pitied,” Mantofa said, locking eyes with a grieving father seated in the front row.
“Your child is already in God’s arms. One day, your family will be reunited in heaven.”
Bad weather hindered efforts to recover victims of AirAsia Flight 8501 on Wednesday, and sent wreckage drifting far from the crash site, as grieving relatives prayed for strength to endure their losses. “Help us, God, to move forward, even though we are surrounded by darkness,” the Rev. Philip Mantofa, whose church lost about 40 members in the disaster, told families gathered in a waiting room at the Surabaya airport AP reported.
The report originated when Ivshina and her cameraman went in search of the field outside the town of Torez, where the US government claims an SA-11 BUK surface to air missile was launched at the Boeing 777 on July 17.
Source: BBC Russia News – RT – BBC News – Russia Insider
#AceBreakingNews – BAHAMAS – Nov.10 – A small plane, a Lear 36 executive jet has crashed on Grand Bahama Island, killing 9 aboard, the Bahamian Department of Civil Aviation said RT reported.
The toll includes a leader of the Bahamas Faith Ministries Pastor, Myles Munroe who was headed for Grand Bahama International Airport from Lynden Pindling International Airport when jet crashed on approach.
Authorities said plane exploded on impact with a crane at the Grand Bahama Ship Yard and plunged into a junk-yard below.
#AceWorldNews – EGYPT – November 05 – At least 16 people were killed on Wednesday when a school bus crashed into three other vehicles on a desert road in the Nile Delta north of Cairo, Reuters reported.
Mostly children were killed, and 18 people were also wounded in the crash.
#AceWorldNews – VENEZUELA – November 04 – Venezuela’s Air Force has shot down a plane over the western state of Apure on the border with Colombia, the country’s defence minister said on his Twitter account:
“It is the wreckage of a King-200 type plane that trespassed into our airspace and was shot down by the personnel of the strategic command of the Bolivarian Armed Forces southeast of Elorza, in the Apure state,”
“It is the wreckage of a King-200 type plane that trespassed into our airspace and was shot down by the personnel of the strategic command of the Bolivarian Armed Forces southeast of Elorza, in the Apure state,” Gen. Vladimir Padrino Lopez wrote, posting a photo of the wreckage.
In 2012, Venezuela’s National Assembly approved a law which allows the Bolivarian National Air Force to intercept and disable aircraft violating national air space regulations.
#AceWorldNews – PAKISTAN – October 12 – Three senior Iranian police officers were among seven people killed in a plane crash after a police turbo-propeller aircraft went down in the restive Sistan-Baluchistan province, which borders Pakistan, local media reported.
Iranian Police Officers Killed in Plane Crash
The highest-ranking officer was the deputy of Iran’s police inspectorate.
The officers were heading from Tehran to the provincial area of Zahedan to investigate a series of attacks on security forces this week.
The reports said the plane was not shot down but investigators cannot rule out the possibility.