(BIRMINGHAM, U.K) NCA REPORT: Alleged member of ‘chicken run’ drug gang extradited to UK to face justice Friday 10 June: #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – June.13: The last man arrested as part of a National Crime Agency investigation into the alleged importation of cocaine and heroin has been extradited from the Netherlands to face the UK courts.

NCA Report: ‘The Dutch national was brought to the UK officers following the conclusion of his extradition hearings in the Netherlands’

Image showing arrested individual alongside NCA officers.

Dominique Anthony Ventura Da Costa, 36, was detained by Dutch police on a European Arrest Warrant in August 2018.

The gang he is alleged to have been part of was responsible for importing millions of pounds worth of class A drugs into the UK from the Netherlands hidden in loads of chicken in 2016 and 2017. 

On three occasions, heroin and cocaine worth around £5 million was seized hidden in chicken shipments. However NCA investigators, working in partnership with the Dutch police, subsequently identified another 16 importations which they suspect contained drugs, which would have brought the overall street value to around £12 million.

Da Costa is alleged to have been part of the Dutch arm of the operation, where drugs were placed within consignments for shipment to the UK.

He is due to appear before Birmingham Magistrates’ Court today (11 June).



NCA Senior Investigating Officer Gary Winch said: “This case shows that there is no hiding place for those attempting to evade UK law enforcement.

“We are determined to track down fugitives, and neither the passage of time or international borders are a barrier to us doing so.

“We are grateful for the assistance of our Dutch partners in this operation, and Da Costa will now go before UK courts.”

Eleven people have previously been convicted in connection with the NCA investigation, with prison sentences totalling around 100 years handed out.

A further individual, Dutch national Shahzad Butt, 33, was extradited to the UK from the Netherlands in December 2020 as part of the same investigation. He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to import controlled drugs into the UK at Birmingham Crown Court on 16 April 2021 and will be sentenced following the conclusion of Da Costa’s court proceedings.

#AceNewsDesk report ……..Published: Jun.13: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#birmingham, #dutch, #extradtion, #netherlands, #u-k-nca

(NETHERLANDS) JUST IN: Dutch salvage workers have found some bone fragments and scraps of airmen’s clothing in the debris of an RAF Wellington bomber shot down over the Netherlands in June 1941 #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – June.13: The Wellington had a six-man Czech crew, five of whom died. It was downed by a German night fighter, crashing at Nieuwe Niedorp, a village about 60km (37 miles) north of Amsterdam.

Dutch find Czech crew remains at WW2 RAF bomber crash site: A week ago the Czech Ambassador to the Netherlands, Katerina Sequensova, visited the site, where recovery work began on 25 May. Civil engineers and the Dutch defence ministry are involved, including military forensic identification specialists.

Getty Images: Two of the Czechoslovak crew shown here – Karel Valach (1st left) and Vilem Konstacky (4th from left) – died in the June raid

It had been bombing the port of Bremen.

The dig is part of a wider Dutch project to find wartime crews’ remains.

Czech Embassy/HagueThe Czech ambassador (L) met the salvage team at the crash site

In World War Two the RAF’s 311 (Czechoslovak) Squadron had airmen who had fled Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia and had then had combat experience in Poland or France. It was based at RAF East Wretham, near Thetford in Norfolk.

The squadron flew Vickers Wellington and Liberator bombers.

More than 5,500 aircraft crashed during the air war over the Netherlands in 1940-1945, and as many as 50 are believed to have crews’ remains.

Geert Jonker, a member of the identification team at Nieuwe Niedorp, told Czech TV: “They never returned home to Czechoslovakia, so the least we can do is go out and search for them and give them a proper burial.”

Read more on related topics:

The Wellington’s pilot, Flight Sgt Vilem Bufka, parachuted out of the burning plane, broke a leg on landing and was captured by the Germans. He was imprisoned in Colditz Castle, with many other Royal Air Force POWs, and returned to Czechoslovakia in August 1945. He wrote a memoir – Bomber T2990 Gone Silent – and died in 1967.

Czech Embassy/HagueDebris from the Bristol Pegasus engines was found

The five crew who died were: co-pilot Alois Rozum, radio operator Leonhard Smrcek, navigator Vilem Konstacky, front gunner Jan Hejna and rear gunner Karel Valach. 

In its tribute to the crew, the Czech Foreign Ministry says Valach had “met an English girl Doreen Francis Todd and they were married on 10 December 1940”. It adds: “Their son was born in 1941.”

Czech Embassy/HagueThe bomber sank into mud when it crashed near the Dutch coast

The RAF Museum says 311 Squadron focused mainly on bombing the cities of Bremen and Cologne.

“The squadron’s greatest success was the sinking of the blockade runner Alsterufer, which transported over 300 tons of rare tungsten from Japan to Germany,” it says. The operation took place off the French Atlantic coast in 1943. During the war the Allies imposed a naval blockade to stop cargo ships bringing essential supplies to Nazi Germany.Stevie Stevens flew 29 missions during World War Two

#AceNewsDesk report ………Published: Jun.13: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#bomber, #czech, #dutch, #netherlands, #raf, #wellington, #ww2

‘ Hague Rules Netherlands Accountable for Deaths of 300 Victims at Srebrenica Massacre in 1995 ‘

#AceWorldNews – THE HAGUE – July 16 – The Hague has ruled that the Netherlands was accountable for the deaths of over 300 victims of the Srebrenica massacre in 1995 reported RT.

Bosnian woman at Srebrenica

The hearing came as families of the victims accuse the Dutch government accusing its UN peacekeepers of failing to protect their relatives.

The UN protected the Muslim enclave until July 11, 1995 when it was overrun by ethnic Serb forces.

English: Women at the monument for victims of ...

English: Women at the monument for victims of the July 1995 Srebrenica Massacre. At the annual memorial ceremony in Potocari, Bosnia and Herzegovina. July 11, 2007. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Some 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered by ethnic Serb troops in 1995.

The UN’s highest International Court of Justice earlier ruled that the Srebrenica slaughter was genocide.

Serb forces commander Ratko Mladic is currently on trial on genocide and war crimes.

(Guardian) Reported that the Netherlands has been ordered to pay compensation for the deaths of Bosnian Muslims in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre in a ruling that opens up the Dutch state to compensation claims from relatives of the rest of the 8,000 men and youths who died.

hague-4

The judgement by the Dutch supreme court is the final decision in a protracted claim brought by relatives of three Muslim men who were expelled by Dutch soldiers from a United Nations compound during the Balkans conflict, then killed by Bosnian Serb forces.

Although the case related only to the murder of three victims, it sets the precedent that countries that provide troops for UN missions can be held responsible for their conduct.

The case was brought by Hasan Nuhanovic, an interpreter who lost his brother and father, and relatives of Rizo Mustafic, an electrician who was killed. They argued that all three men should have been protected by Dutch peacekeepers. Mustafic and Nuhanovic were employed by the Dutch, but Nuhanovic’s father and brother were not.

#ANS2014  

#dutch, #dutch-government, #hague, #netherlands, #ratko-mladic, #serb, #srebrenica, #srebrenica-massacre, #the-hague, #the-netherlands, #united-nations

` Greenpeace Activists Trying to Prevent Russian Oil Tanker Docking have been Detained by Police ‘

#AceWorldNews – ROTTERDAM – May 01 – Dutch Police have detained 30 Greenpeace activists who were trying to dock alongside a Russian oil tanker, according to the ITAR-TASS news agency.

The incident took place at the port of Rotterdam as the Russian tanker was looking to moor, carrying oil from the Arctic.

A vessel from Greenpeace blocked the pier to try and stop the ‘Mikhail Ulyanov’ from completing its delivery.

Dutch police asked the activists to vacate the vicinity, which they refused to do and were subsequently arrested.

Gazprom started to deliver oil to the platform at the end of 2013.

More than 300 thousand tons of oil are expected to be delivered over the course of the year.

#ANS2014

#dutch, #greenpeace, #rotterdam, #russian

` German Police find 120kg of Cocaine Among Bananas at Local Aldi Store Delivered by Mistake ‘

#AceWorldNews- BERLIN – April 25 – Packets of the drug turned up in seven banana crates in five stores. Police said it was the second biggest cocaine find in Berlin of the last 35 years and was worth around €6 million.

On Tuesday Olaf Schremm from Berlin’s criminal investigation office said: “We are assuming that it was a logistical mistake by the criminals.”

The bananas came from Columbia on a shipment to Hamburg.

They were then transported to the Moabit area of Berlin where they were sent out to suppliers.

The banana shipment was originally bound for the UK via Rotterdam, but the cargo was six days late due to bad weather in the Atlantic and when it arrived in the Netherlands, the Dutch buyer no longer wanted the bananas.

It therefore sailed on to Hamburg.

But the crates containing the cocaine appeared to have been sent to Aldi by mistake.

Ace Related News:
1. http://tinyurl.com/kqvzxs7

#ANS2014

#berlin, #columbia, #dutch, #rotterdam, #uk

` Pope Francis speaks about the `Assassination ‘ of Dutch Jesuit Priest ` Frans van der Lugt ‘ in Syria ‘

#AceNewsServices – ROME/SYRIA – April 09 – Pope Francis spoke on Wednesday of his deep grief over the assassination of the Dutch Jesuit priest Frans van der Lugt in Syria and made a renewed appeal for an end to the violence.

“May the weapons fall silent! No more war, no more destruction,” Pope Francis said, SANA reported.

“He was loved and valued by both Christians and Muslims,” the Pope told some 45,000 faithful assembled on the famous Vatican piazza.

“It filled me with profound pain and made me think of all the people who suffer and die in the martyred country,” he said.

A terrorist group on Monday shot dead the priest Frans van der Lugt in his monastery in Bustan al-Diwan neighbourhood in Homs city.

Incident Details: BY CAROL KURUVILLA NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 1:46 PM – A Dutch priest was beaten and shot to death in the garden of his monastery in the embattled Syrian city of Homs on Monday, after refusing to seek refuge in a safer place.

Rev. Frans Van Der Lugt, a 75-year-old Jesuit priest, was dragged outside his home and shot twice in the head by a single masked gunman.

Rev. Ziad Hillal, one of the 24 Christians who lived in the monastery, said that the violence was a “premeditated act” that specifically targeted the beloved, elderly priest http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/dutch-jesuit-priest-shot-dead-syria-refusing-flee-besieged-city-article-1.1749611

#ANS2014

#aceworldnews, #christians, #dutch, #homs, #muslims, #pope, #pope-francis, #rome, #vatican