(MIAMI, Fla.) LATEST: At least 4-people are dead and many more missing after high rise building ‘Surfside’ collapsed #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – June.26: A massive rescue effort is underway Friday morning in Surfside, Florida, in response to the partial building collapse that killed at least four peopleand resulted in at least 159 people being unaccounted for…..

MIAMI: Surfside Building Collapse: Death toll rises to 4 as rescuers put own lives at risk to find survivors, at the time of the collapse there were storms in the area overnight and reports of lightning as a massive rescue for survivors is underway ……..

1 day ago

Florida Lt. governor on Surfside rescue efforts: We have not given up hope
Miami Building Rescue

Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said Friday that three bodies were pulled from the rubble overnight, bringing the total death toll to four. Cava said so far foul play does not appear to have been a factor, but said investigators are not ruling anything out. 

Speaking to reporters on Friday, Cava said rescuers were continuing their efforts despite the high risk and said they “will continue search and rescue because we still have hope that we will find people alive.” 

“This work is being done at extreme risk to these individuals. Debris is falling on them as they do their work,” Cava said. “They are proceeding because they are so motivated and they are taking extraordinary risk on the scene every day.”

Florida condo-collapse witness describes helping to save child

Video

She said rescuers were using sonar technology, K-9s, cameras, “everything possible.”

Miami-Dade Fire Chief Ray Jadallah said rescuers heard sonar-detected sounds “throughout the night.”

When asked about tapping sounds reported to have been picked up by the sonar technology, Jadallah said that it’s “not necessarily tapping, it’s just sounds … it could be various things. It could be just steel twisting, it could be debris raining down. But not specifically sounds of tapping or sounds of human voice.”

Florida first responder radio depicts chilling moments as rescuers responded to Surfside apartments collapse

Video

“Every time that we hear a sound, we concentrate in that area. So, we send additional teams, utilizing the devices, utilizing K-9, utilizing personnel. As we continue to hear those sounds we concentrate in those areas.”

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office identified its first victim of Thursday morning’s tragedy as 54-year-old Stacie Fang, local news station WSVN-TV reported. Fang was reportedly taken to an area hospital after being recovered early Thursday, and died of blunt force injures.

A spokesperson for the medical examiner’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request seeking confirmation.

According to WSVN, Fang had been staying on the 10th floor of the building. Her son was also rescued after the collapse, according to the report.

“There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Stacie,” reads part of a family statement obtained by the news station.

Surfside Mayor Charles Burkett said in a previous interview that the building was “literally pancaked.”

“It has gone down, and I mean there’s just feet in between stories where there was 10 feet,” he said. “That is heartbreaking because it doesn’t mean to me that we’re gonna be as successful as we would want to be to find people alive.”

The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue took to Twitter to post footage of rescuers working in the basement parking garage at the Champlain Towers. The crew is standing in knee-high water using a power drill to break through a wall. The ceiling appears to be folded in and is being supported by lifts, which underscored the risk that these rescue teams face while trying to find survivors.

“Firefighters continue working on locating possible victims, while dealing with heavy damage and changing conditions in the parking garage,” the tweet read.

The weather outside was also not cooperating. There were storms in the area last night and reports of lightning. Local 10 reported that the scene was “dark, cloudy and windy. A fog of dust rose from the concrete.”

Gov. Desantis: Surfside condo collapse 'a real tragedy for our state'

Video

A spokeswoman from Miami Dade said structural engineers were on-site and monitoring the stability of the part of the building that is still standing. The report said teams of 10 to 12 were carrying out operations “underneath the rubble.” A small fire also broke out at the scene that was extinguished, reports said.

Jimmy Patronis, the state’s fire marshal, told reporters that rescue crews will not stop “just because of nightfall. They just may have a different path they pursue.”

Patronis said he was deeply moved by the image of a bunk bed near the now-exposed top of the building.

Surfside mayor provides updates on building collapse on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight'

Video

“Somebody was probably sleeping in it,” he said. “There’s all those what-ifs.”

President Biden on Friday ordered federal assistance to support the massive response in South Florida after a 12-story building partially collapsed, killing at least one person and trapping others.

“The President’s action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts,” the White House said.

#AceNewsDesk report …………Published: Jun.26: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#fema, #florida, #miami, #rescue

(WASHINGTON) US IMMIGRATION REPORT: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) have said they would “help receive, shelter and transport the children” for the next 90 days, it was announced on Sunday #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Mar.16: President Joe Biden has been reversing some of his predecessor’s policies: But the recent surge of arrivals is putting pressure on processing systems: There were a record number of children – 3,200 – being held in US immigration facilities on the US-Mexican border as of 8 March.

US immigration: Disaster agency Fema brought in to help with child migrant surge: ‘A US agency that normally deals with major emergencies and natural disasters has been brought in to help care for the rising numbers of migrant children arriving at the US southern border’ Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas said last week that the situation on the border was “overwhelming” but not yet a crisis.

1 day ago

Migrants gather in the border city of Tijuana, Baja California Sur, Mexico, on 12 March 2021
Growing numbers of migrants are arriving on the US border with Mexico each day

Hundreds continue to arrive each day, and many are being held beyond the legal three-day limit for being processed and transferred.

Announcing Fema’s involvement, Mr Mayorkas said the agency would work with the Health and Human Services Department (HHS) to “look at every available option to quickly expand physical capacity for appropriate lodging”.

“Our goal is to ensure that unaccompanied children are transferred to HHS as quickly as possible, consistent with legal requirements and in the best interest of the children,” he added.

On the campaign trail, Joe Biden promised to reverse many of Donald Trump’s restrictive migrant policies.

Since taking office in January, he has ordered the reunification of migrant children with their families, ended construction of the border wall and called for reviews of legal immigration programmes terminated by his predecessor.

But in the same month Mr Biden became president, 5,871 unaccompanied children crossed the border – up from 4,995 in December – according to data from the US Customs and Border Protection (CPB).

As of 8 March, the number of children held in US immigration facilities had tripled in just two weeks – to 3,250. Of that number, nearly half had been in detention longer than the three-day limit and were in CBP-managed facilities that were designed for adults.Asylum seekers arrive in US after year-long wait in Mexico

The HHS is required to link children up with their parents, guardians, US relatives or find a sponsor to take them in while their immigration case is being considered.

Although Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted on HHS-managed shelters to expand capacity for unaccompanied children, the New York Times reports that they are just days away from reaching maximum capacity.

Most of the unaccompanied children detained are boys between the ages of 15-17. 

Some reports suggest desperate families, who have been turned away at the US border, have been sending their children on alone to improve their chances of entering the US.

#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: Mar.16: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#biden, #fema, #immigration, #washington

(WASHINGTON) DHS REPORT: Homeland Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas has directed the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to support a government-wide effort over the next 90 days to safely receive, shelter, and transfer unaccompanied children who make the dangerous journey to the U.S. southwest border #AceNewsDesk report

Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas Directs FEMA to Support Response for Unaccompanied Children: ‘The federal government is responding to the arrival of record numbers of individuals, including unaccompanied children, at the southwest border. Since April 2020, the number of encounters at the border has been rising due to ongoing violence, natural disasters, food insecurity, and poverty in the Northern Triangle countries of Central America. The federal government is working around the clock to move unaccompanied children from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) care and to place them with a family member or sponsor until their immigration case is adjudicated: The risks posed by the spread of #COVID19 have made this mission all the more difficult’

Last Published Date: March 13, 2021:

“I am grateful for the exceptional talent and responsiveness of the FEMA team,” said Secretary Mayorkas.  “I am incredibly proud of the agents of the Border Patrol, who have been working around the clock in difficult circumstances to take care of children temporarily in our care. Yet, as I have said many times, a Border Patrol facility is no place for a child. We are working in partnership with HHS to address the needs of unaccompanied children, which is made only more difficult given the protocols and restrictions required to protect the public health and the health of the children themselves. Our goal is to ensure that unaccompanied children are transferred to HHS as quickly as possible, consistent with legal requirements and in the best interest of the children.”

FEMA is now integrated and co-located with HHS to look at every available option to quickly expand physical capacity for appropriate lodging. The workforce of DHS, including CBP, the Federal Protective Service, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and volunteers from across the Department through the DHS Volunteer Force, will help to provide shelter capacity, security, and other support as needed.  

“It is never safe to come to the United States through irregular channels, and this is particularly true during a pandemic,” continued Mayorkas.  “To effectively protect both the health and safety of migrants and our communities from the spread of COVID-19, individuals apprehended at the border continue to be denied entry and are returned.”

The journey that unaccompanied children undertake from their home countries is extremely dangerous, and the danger is more severe during the COVID-19 pandemic.  As a result of the public health imperative, adults and accompanied children are subject to COVID-19 related travel restrictions and are returned to Mexico under the statutory authority of the CDC.

#AceNewsDesk report …………Published: Mar.14: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#cbp, #dhs, #fema, #hhs, #washington

FEMA: ‘ Looking to Recoup Aid Payments of $5.8 Million From Hurricane Victims in Super-Storm Sandy ‘

#AceWorldNews – UNITED STATES (New York) – September 11 – After Super-storm Sandy hit the East Coast nearly two years ago, the federal government quickly sent out $1.4 billion in emergency disaster aid to the hurricane’s victims.

NYC Sandy Storm

Now, thousands of people might have to pay back their share.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency is scrutinizing about 4,500 households that it suspects received improper payments after the storm, according to program officials and data obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request.

As of early September, FEMA had asked around 850 of those households to return a collective $5.8 million. The other cases were still under review.

FEMA’s campaign to recover overpayments, called “recoupment” in agency lingo, typically involves inadvertent violations of eligibility rules, bureaucratic mistakes or missing documentation, rather than outright fraud.

hurricane-sandy-co_2382803k

Many people asked to return money were deemed ineligible because their damaged properties were vacation houses or rental properties, not their primary residences. Others had double dipped into the aid pool, with more than one household member getting payments. Some received FEMA money for things later covered by insurance.

As of July 30, the average demanded refund was $6,987, a sum that could be difficult for many, given the modest annual incomes of most aid applicants. Roughly half of the households under scrutiny reported an annual gross income of $30,000 or less.

The larger pool of cases still under review as of that date involved $53 million in aid payments – or about 3.7 percent of the total given out by FEMA through its individuals and households program – though any potential refunds would likely involve only a portion of that money.

#ANS2014

#aid, #east-coast, #emergency, #fema, #hurricane, #new-york, #sandy, #superstorm, #united-states, #victims

FEMA Most Powerful Organisation in the World – Executive Orders – Video Now

THE MOST POWERFUL ORGANIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES
Is not for protecting the people as much as it is for protecting the government.
See text of H.R.645

These are just a few of the Obama nations executive orders.

  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
  • FemaEXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over rail-roads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.
  • EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Courtesy of True Activist – Read more: http://www.trueactivist.com/fema-camp-has-begun-homeless-first/

#acesecuritynews, #congress, #emergency-management, #executive-order, #executive-order-10995, #executive-order-11921, #fema, #finance, #government, #united-states