#AceNewsReport – Sept.13: The senior official described the Houthi militia’s attacks on civil facilities in Yemen, as well as in Saudi Arabia, as a blatant defiance of international efforts aimed to bring peace in the conflict-ridden country.
#AceDailyNews says according to Vice President that this crime has shown again that Houthi militia has misused ‘Stockholm Agreement’ and exploit the humanitarian aspect to mislead the international community,” Mohsen said in a report from state news agency SABA.
September 12, 2021 08:08:
The port’s manager, Abdul Malik Al-Sharabae, earlier said that the Houthis fired four missiles and three explosives-rigged drones – with two of them reportedly intercepted and destroyed – targeting the port.
The Yemeni government, through its foreign affairs ministry, also said that the Houthi attack was “a flagrant defiance of the UN-led efforts to mitigate the humanitarian crisis and put an end of the war in Yemen.”
The ministry statement also called on the UN and international community to condemn Houthi crimes and take firm action to hold the perpetrators accountable.
#AceNewsReport – Sept.06: One was destroyed over the eastern city of Dammam, where falling shrapnel injured two children and damaged buildings, the defence ministry said…..
#AceDailyNews says according to BBC Saudis intercept Houthi missiles the defence ministry said The Houthis – who frequently mount such cross-border attacks – said they had targeted Saudi oil facilities.
The other attacks were aimed at oil sites in the southern provinces of Jizan and Najran, the group said.
There are no immediate reports of impact on Saudi oil facilities.
In 2019, the rebels claimed responsibility for a drone attack on two facilities run by Saudi state-owned oil company Aramco. It temporarily reduced crude oil production by 5.7 million barrels a day – about half the kingdom’s output at the time.
Saudi Arabia entered the Yemen war in 2015, on the side of the internationally recognised government, shortly after the Houthis seized the capital, Sanaa.
Monitoring groups believe the true death toll is far higher, however. The US-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED) said in October 2019 that it had recorded more than 100,000 fatalities, including 12,000 civilians killed in direct attacks.
#AceNewsReport – Aug.30: More than 30 have been killed and at least 56 were injured,” armed forces spokesman Mohammed al-Naqib, who had earlier accused the Houthis of being behind the attack.
#AceDailyNews says that at least 30 killed in Houthi drone, missile attack on Yemen airbase Military personnel in Al-Anad airbase were conducting a training exercise when the attack took place, an Al Arabiya TV source confirmed…..
August 29, 2021 10:53
A military medic confirmed the death toll after it jumped from seven fatalities earlier in the day.
The Houthis in 2019 launched a drone strike at the base during a military parade, killing at least six military personnel, including a high-ranking intelligence official.
Footage of the attack showed a drone exploding over a podium around which dozens of military personnel were standing.
The Arab Parliament condemned the attack on Al-Anad airbase, saying it holds the militia, and the Iranian regime that supports it, fully responsible.
#AceNewsReport – June.15: State dept & Saudi Civil Defense on Sunday said it had received reports of a Houthi drone launched from Yemen towards one of the Asir region’s governorates hit and damaged a school. No injuries were confirmed:
WASHINGTON: State Dept says they condemn in the strongest terms yesterday’s attacks on the al Shifaa Hospital in Afrin, Syria. This barbaric attack took the lives of children, medical staff, and first responders. Civilians and civilian infrastructure, including hospitals, must never be the target of military action. Additionally, we note that this hospital’s coordinates have been shared with the UN deconfliction mechanism for Syria. This attack is part of a recent escalation of violence in northwest Syria and must end. The United States calls for an immediate nation-wide ceasefire and a de-escalation of violence in Syria.
June 13, 2021 19:54:
Local Media: Attack on Hospital in Afrin, Syria
The UAE foreign ministry denounced the attack and said the continuation of these crimes reflects the militia’s disregard for all international laws and norms, Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported. Bahrain has also expressed its full support for the Kingdom and all the measures it takes to confront the Houthis’ criminal acts, Bahrain News Agency said.
Meanwhile, the Arab Parliament called on the international community to intervene immediately to stop these systematic violations that aim to destabilize the security and stability in the region, SPA said. Dr. Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen, the Secretary-General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, said the organization condemns the crimes committed by the militia and those behind it and providing it with money and weapons by targeting innocent civilians.
#AceNewsReport – Mar.31: The last three Jewish families in Yemen were deported by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, leaving only four elderly Jews in the country, after heavy pressure by the Houthis, the London-based Saudi daily Asharq Al-Awsat reported over the weekend:
Yemen: ‘The families, totaling 13 people, told Asharq Al-Awsat that they were now searching for a new home and had resisted leaving their home, but finally agreed to leave after the Houthis made their departure a condition for the release of Levi Salem Marhabi, a Jew who was captured by the Houthis about six years ago’
“Almost all remaining Jews in Yemen deported – Saudi media,” by Tzvi Joffre, Jerusalem Post, March 29, 2021:
“They gave us a choice between staying in the midst of harassment and keeping Salem a prisoner or leaving and having him released,” one of the deported Jews told Asharq Al-Awsat. “History will remember us as the last of Yemeni Jews who were still clinging to their homeland until the last moment.”
Marhabi was arrested by the Houthis for helping a Yemeni Jewish family move an old Torah scroll out of the country. Despite a court ruling that he was innocent and should be released, he was reportedly held as a bargaining chip, according to the daily…..
#AceNewsReport – Mar.15: He said Iran supported all such armed groups around the world, which he described as “forces of resistance against global arrogance.”
Quds Force commander admits Iran supporting Houthi attacks on Saudi Arabia: ‘Ismail Qaani told a conference in the northeastern city of Mashhad that the Houthis had launched “18 operations in less than 10 days” targeting the Kingdom’
Qaani became head of the Quds Force after its previous leader, Qassem Soleimani, was assassinated in a US drone strike at Baghdad airport in January 2020. In his Mashhad speech, Qaani repeated threats that the US would pay a price for Soleimani’s death.
“We have made it clear that we will break the bones of the criminal US. The sound of them being fractured will be heard at the proper time,” he said.
The Quds Force leader also renewed Iranian threats against Israel. “Although Israel has all the world’s tools at its disposal, it is building a wall around itself 1 meter wide and 6 meters high, in order to remain safe,” he said. “But they must be sure that we will destroy that wall too.”
Meanwhile, Israel was probably behind an attack in the Mediterranean last week that damaged an Iranian container ship, investigators in Tehran said on Saturday. The container ship Shahr e Kord was hit by an explosive object that caused a small fire.
The incident came two weeks after the Israeli-owned MV Helios Ray was hit by an explosion in the Gulf of Oman, which Israel has blamed on Iran.
#AceNewsReport – Mar.13: Earlier, the US Special Envoy for Yemen Tim Lenderking said the Iran-backed militia is giving priority to a military campaign to take Marib over “suspending the war and moving relief to the Yemeni people.”
Houthis reject US cease-fire plan in new setback to peace efforts: ‘Houthi spokesman Mohamed Abdelsalam told Almasirah TV that the American proposal for a nationwide cease-fire “has nothing in it and represents the Saudi and the UN vision.” The American proposal doesn’t include ceasing fire or breaking the siege, and it would lead to a resumption of a blockade, the spokesman added’
March 12, 2021 20:10:
“Tragically, and somewhat confusingly for me, it appears that the Houthis are prioritizing a military campaign” in Marib, Lenderking told an online forum.
Lenderking said Saudi Arabia’s leadership is providing “full support” to the US effort to end the war in Yemen.
He urged the Houthis to respond to a “sound plan” for a nationwide ceasefire in Yemen that has been put before them.
Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu criticized the Houthis’ cross-border attacks on Saudi Arabia and Aramco oil facilities, and called on Yemen to stop the conflict “Japan is concerned about the conflict in Yemen,” Motegi said in reply to a question by Arab News Japan at a press conference.
“This has been continuing for a long time and is putting many civilians in a difficult humanitarian situation. Japan strongly condemns the continuous cross-border attacks by the Houthis on Saudi Arabia,” he added.
The Arab coalition destroyed a hostile Houthi air defense system on Yemen’s Marib front on Friday, according to Al-Ekhbariya.
The destruction of the Houthi system included all its components and its foreign operators were also killed, according to the Arab coalition.
“We support operations carried out by the Yemeni army and tribes in Marib to advance and protect civilians,” the coalition said.
On Sunday, the coalition shot down a drone targeting an oil tank yard in Ras Tanura Port and a missile heading for an Aramco residential area in Dhahran.
The Saudi cabinet said the two attacks were blatant violations of international law and norms.
Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan reiterated the Kingdom’s support for a political solution in Yemen.
The attacks “represent a threat to the stability of global energy supplies, affecting the entire global economy and endangering the lives of Saudi workers in Aramco and thousands more from 80 different nationalities, including Americans,” said Princess Reema bint Bandar, Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the US.
On Thursday, the US, along with France, Germany, Italy and the UK issued a strongly worded statement saying the Houthis actions were threatening peace efforts and causing further humanitarian suffering.
Yemeni government forces on Friday announced seizing control of several locations in the northern province of Hajja after a fresh assault against the Houthis.
The Defense Ministry said that troops had liberated a large swathe of land in Abes district after fighting with the militia.
In Taiz, troops consolidated their gains in Al-Kadaha, west of Taiz, after opening a new lifeline road to the besieged city.
Local army commanders said the main objective of current military operations in Taiz and Hajja was relieving Houthi military pressure on troops in the central city of Marib.
Meanwhile, foreign envoys and rights groups have strongly condemned a fire at a Houthi-controlled migrant center and demanded that the rebels give investigators access to the site and the wounded.
The UK’s Ambassador to Yemen, Michael Aron, on Friday condemned the incident and called for an immediate and objective probe and unhindered access to the injured migrants.
Anger has grown in Yemen and around the world after Sunday’s blaze shone a spotlight on the Iran-backed militia’s “inhumane” treatment of refugees.
Grim videos and images of those who perished have appeared on Twitter, with calls condemning the Houthi’s silence on the blaze.
Mwatana, a leading Yemeni human rights organization, also blamed the Houthis for the fire and accused them of arbitrarily detaining survivors and relatives of the victims in order to stop them from talking about the incident.
A senior figure in Sanaa’s Eritrean migrant community told AP at least 44 migrants were killed and that the death toll could be much higher.