I am not a person that believes in strike action per se but when it comes down to ” Free Rights ” l am firmly behind the people in their action’s! This is not just a case of preventing people striking it is the effect it will have on the way this country will look to the world, during the Olympic‘s! So my reason for posting this article from the Telegraph thanks to Ben Brogan being acknowledged. Is simply l do not believe that we have the right for the wrong reason to prevent anyone from striking for what they believe is their God-given right of ” Free Will”
BREAKING: Jeremy Hunt just spoke to Jim Naughtie on the Today programme about how the government is dealing with the Olympic security challenges and the planned strike action by border staff. He said the deployment of further troops to guard the security of the Games was not promoted by further failures by G4’s but simply because he didn’t want to “leave anything to chance”.
He stressed that G4’s failings were with the management not the workers, and that it was important not to “demonise” those working at the Games.
On the border strike, he said “we can be very confident of the provisions we have in place”, but added that he thought the eve of the Olympics was “the wrong time to strike”.
- AUDIO: Transport strike ‘will be minor’ (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Court action considered over Olympic eve strike (independent.co.uk)
- Jeremy Hunt urges border staff to work on (independent.co.uk)
- Olympics 2012: Home Office asks High Court to rule that border guards’ strike is illegal (telegraph.co.uk)
- Troop influx patches up security… now for the travel crisis (independent.co.uk)