TUNISIA: ‘ Security forces Kill 1-Jihadist & Arrest 16-others in crackdown operations ‘

#AceNewsReport – TUNISIA:July.25: Tunisian security forces killed one suspected jihadist and arrested 16 others in a series of operations, the Interior Ministry said on Friday.

A special operation was launched the previous day in Sejnane, in the northern Bizerte region, “against terrorists preparing terrorist acts,” AFP reported. Thirteen suspects were arrested and one person was killed when they tried to flee the scene.

Another raid was launched on Friday at dawn in the town of Menzel Bourguiba, resulting in three further arrests. Weapons including explosives, ammunition and several assault rifles were seized in the operations.

This was after the recent changes in the terror law were passed by lawmakers.

@AceNewsServices

Ace Worldwide News

#interior-ministry, #operations, #special-operation, #tunisian-security-forces

SAUDI ARABIA: ‘ Policeman killed during arrest of suspected Islamic State Jihadist Group ‘

#AceNewsReport – SAUDI ARABIA:July.04: A Saudi policeman was killed Friday during a raid to arrest a wanted person in the western city of Taif, Reuters reported.

An Interior Ministry spokesman cited an exchange of fire during the raid. Three suspects were detained and flags of the Islamic State jihadist group were seized, along with silencers, SPA news agency reported.

@AceNewsServices

Ace Worldwide News

#interior-ministry, #islamic-state, #wanted-person

UKRAINE: ‘ VIDEOS: Oil fires still burning at Kiev depot – officials ‘

#AceNewsReport – Post Update: UKRAINE:June.10: Five oil cisterns were still on fire at an oil depot near Ukraine’s capital on Wednesday, TASS quoted head of the emergency situations service, Nikolay Chechetkin, as saying.

READ MORE: Firefighters die combating massive blaze at fuel storage facility near Kiev (VIDEO)

The Interior Ministry believes that safety violations were the likely cause for the blaze as counterfeit petroleum products were produced at the facility, TASS reported

The official said there was no danger of a new blast at the moment, but he didn’t rule it out. Four people have reportedly died as a result of the fire, and at least 12 others were injured after the inferno at the BRSM-Nafta oil depot on Monday night, which caused several tanks to explode.

@acenewsservices

#arsen-avakov, #interior-ministry, #kiev, #kiev-oblast, #monday-night-football, #oil-depot, #telecommunications-in-ukraine, #ukraine, #ukrainian-language, #vasylkiv

` Balkans Flood Victims Numbers Are Difficult to Count with Truths and Half-Truths the Order of the Day ‘

#AceNewsServices – BALKANS – May 19 – Approximately 25,070 people have been evacuated from flooded areas in Serbia, including 7,800 from Obrenovac, 40 kilometers west from Belgrade, which is the most affected by the disaster, Interior Ministry announced today.

Belgrave Floods

“The thermal power plants “Kostolac” and “Te-Ko B” are not flooded, personnel is ready and generation of electricity is under control”, Ministry added in the statement.

In floods that are affecting Serbia since last week at least 17 people have died. According to some media speculations, which have been rebuffed by the government, there are more than one hundred casualties only in Obrenovac.

According to official figures, there were 12 casualties in Obrenovac with more than 7,800 people evacuated. In 2011 the municipality had a total population of 71,419.

The whole town is flooded and evacuated.

The Interior ministry stated that the  situation is “especially difficult” in Krupanj, Sremska Raca and Jamen, all towns in the west of the country. Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic arrived in Krupanj today and delivered help to the citizens.

Nikolic’s media adviser Stanislava Pak said there are casualties in Krupanj municipality.

Crisis staff are not up to the task.

The citizens are upset and they have the right to express their dissatisfaction”, Pak told Beta news agency.

Predrag Maric, head of emergency situations sector, said that “rumours and half-truths are directed to provoke panic and distrust”.

“For two days we are appealing to people to evacuate themselves, but they did not want to… The siren has been turned on… People have been called on evacuation, but they have refused to do so, two days before this (flood) happened”, Maric told B92 television.

“Serbia can count on one billion EUR from the European Union solidarity fund, in order to overcome long-term consequences of disastrous floods”, Kristalina Georgieva, EU Commissioner responsible for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response said today.

Read More at: IBNA

#ANS2014

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #belgrade, #beta-news-agency, #european-union, #interior-ministry, #krupanj, #obrenovac, #serbia, #sremska-raca

` French Police Arrest Six People in France of Being Suspected Jihadists’ ‘

#AceNewsServices – PARIS – May 13 – French police arrested six people Tuesday in north-eastern France in a round-up of suspected jihadists’ who recently traveled to fight in Syria‘s civil war, the interior ministry said.

The sweep around dawn in Strasbourg came weeks after authorities announced a new push to prevent French militants from travelling to Syria, part of measures by many European governments to reduce the appeal of jihad.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said the six were suspected of participating in a jihadist network, and recently travelled to Syria — though he did not provide details.

In a brief statement at his ministry, Cazeneuve said the sweep “went down perfectly” and showed “the total determination of the government to fight with all its power against terrorism and the enlisting of youths in violent radicalization.” The suspects were in police custody.

Cazeneuve didn’t make any reference to a news report on Europe-1 radio earlier saying that the sweep involved a police investigation of 14 young men who had told their parents they were going on vacation in December but instead went to southern Turkey and eventually to Syria.

The minister said an investigating judge is handling the case, and declined to comment further.

Contacted by The Associated Press, spokespeople for the national police and the Paris prosecutor’s office — which handles terrorism cases across France — said they had no further information immediately.

Denver Post

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #associated-press, #bernard-cazeneuve, #europe-1, #france, #interior-ministry, #law-enforcement-in-france, #syria, #turkey

&nbsp #AceWorldNews TRIPOLI may 11 At least 40…

 

#AceWorldNews – TRIPOLI – may 11 – At least 40 people have died as a boat carrying migrants sank off Libya‘s coast, east of the capital, Tripoli, Reuters reports, citing a spokesman for the Interior Ministry.

Fifty-one people were rescued.

Libya’s porous borders with its sub-Saharan neighbours and its proximity to Italy and Malta across the Mediterranean have made the North African country a common transit route for migrants trying to reach Europe.

#ANS2014 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #european-union, #interior-ministry, #italy, #libya, #malta, #mediterranean-sea, #north-africa, #tripoli

` Egypt’s Crackdown on `Islamist’s ‘ has Jailed 16,000 people with ` Rights Activist’s ‘ reporting Abuses in Prison’

#AceWorldNews CAIRO (AP) – Egypt’s crackdown on Islamists has jailed 16,000 people over the past eight months in the country’s biggest round-up in nearly two decades, according to previously unreleased figures from security officials.

Rights activists say reports of abuses in prisons are mounting, with prisoners describing systematic beatings and miserable conditions for dozens packed into tiny cells.

The Egyptian government has not released official numbers for those arrested in the sweeps since the military ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi in July.

But four senior officials – two from the Interior Ministry and two from the military – gave The Associated Press a count of 16,000, including about 3,000 top- or mid-level members of Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood.

#ANS2014

#ap, #cairo, #egypt, #egyptian, #interior-ministry, #islamist, #muslim-brotherhood, #president-mohamed-morsi, #the-associated-press

#AceNewsDesk says so far in this bloody conflict…

#AceNewsDesk says so far in this bloody conflict and according to the Deputy Head of Ukraine’s Interior Ministry investigation service Oleg Tatarov said that 24 people had died and 751 were wounded in central Kiev riots

#interior-ministry, #kiev, #oleg-tatrov, #riots, #ukraines

"Tunisian Police Arrest Suspect Wanted in Connection with the Murder of Mohammed Brahmi"

#AceBreakingNews says a suspect in last July’s murder of Tunisian opposition politician, Mohamed Brahmi, was arrested near the capital Tunis following a reported gun battle with police overnight on Saturday, the interior ministry’s spokesman said.

cropped-header-breaking-news.jpgSecurity forces “surrounded a house where a terrorist group had holed up. Following a sustained exchange of fire, four elements were arrested,” interior ministry spokesman, Mohamed Ali Aroui, told Agence France-Presse.

“Among them is Hmed el-Melki, alias ‘Somali,’ one of the elements implicated in the assassination of the martyr, Mohamed Brahmi,” he added. “The interior ministry stresses that it was a successful operation,” said the spokesman. Authorities blamed Brahmi’s murder, as well as that of Chokri Belaid, another opposition politician, who was killed in February, on the Ansar Al-Sharia, a jihadist outfit.

The group, however, never claimed responsibility for the attacks.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acebreakingnews, #aceworldnews, #agence-france-presse, #ansar-al-sharia, #attacks, #brahmi-script, #interior-ministry, #mohamed-brahmi, #politican, #somali-people, #tunis, #tunisia, #tunisian-jihadist

#Cairo :” Egyptian `Interior Ministry Official’ `Assassinated’ by `Gunmen’ on Motorcycle”

#AceNewsServices says `Gunmen on Motorbike Kill Senior Egyptian Interior Ministry Official today’

Two gunmen on a motorbike assassinated a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday. “General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the minister of interior, was targeted by gunmen,” Reuters quoted a security official as saying.

The assassination was carried out days before army chief Field Marshal Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is expected to announce his candidacy for president.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acenewsservices, #assassination, #cairo, #egypt, #general-officer, #hosni-mubarak, #interior-ministry, #mohamed-morsi, #mohamed-saeed, #reuters

#Cairo : “Third blast `Ring’s Out’ after `Bomb’s’ Hit Police HQ”

#AceNewsServices says `Third’ blast in Cairo after bombs at police HQ, subway kill 5 & injure dozens

Published time: January 24, 2014 05:17
Edited time: January 24, 2014 09:32
Police officers and people gather in front of the destroyed Islamic Museum building, after a bomb blast occurred at the police headquarters nearby, in downtown Cairo, January 24, 2014. (Reuters / Amr Abdallah Dalsh) Police officers and people gather in front of the destroyed Islamic Museum building, after a bomb blast occurred at the police headquarters nearby, in downtown Cairo, January 24, 2014. (Reuters / Amr Abdallah Dalsh)
Three blasts hit Cairo on Friday, targeting police HQ, a metro station and a police station. They apparent string of militant attacks claimed at least five people and injured scores of others.

The latest explosion was reported near a police station in the suburbs of the Egyptian capital. The explosion, in the west Cairo Talebiya district on the main road leading to the Giza pyramids, caused no fatalities.

Minutes earlier a blast killed at least one person and injured 15 near the Behooth subway station. State TV reported that it was caused by a crude explosive device.

But a conflicting report said the blast happened in a drive-by attack on security vehicles, in which the attacker threw a hand grenade.

The early morning blast on the police headquarters in Cairo was the highest profile attack on security forces in months. It was carried out by a suicide bomber in an explosive-laden car, which detonated in front of the building.

التلفزيون المصري: إطلاق نار وانفجار ضخم يستهدف مديرية أمن #القاهرة pic.twitter.com/hzTx5e6aF8

— mohamad_elghonami ® (@m_elghonami) January 24, 2014

The Friday morning explosion at the Cairo Security Directorate left four people dead and injured 73 others, according to the Health Ministry.

Pictures from the scene show damaged fronts of several buildings in Port Said street, including the police headquarters and the famous Museum of Islamic Art..

First pictures coming from the Egyptian capital #Cairo#Egyptpic.twitter.com/pyWsHwuCSH

— Zaid Benjamin (@zaidbenjamin) January 24, 2014

Witnesses reported injured people being dragged out of the damaged building and transferred into ambulances.

The body of the suspected suicide bomber, who apparently drove the car to the building, was found.

#Cairo blast took place near police headquarters -state TV http://t.co/gCv2roIQaK#Egyptpic.twitter.com/RHCKDf5HV1

— Jay (@CharleyCanucky) January 24, 2014

The blast was powerful enough to be heard from kilometers away in all directions. It also sent a large plume of black smoke into the sky.

“Casualties were relatively small given the size of the blast,” said Interior Ministry spokesman Hany Abdel Latif.

There were also reports of machine gun fire in the area following the explosion, indicating a likely militant attack. Witnesses said they saw gunmen on motorbikes shooting at the police HQ just after the bomb went off.

Just heard what sounded like loud explosion, plume of black smoke seen from window in Mounira #Cairo#Egyptpic.twitter.com/cGhzxlhpRc

— shadi rahimi شادي (@shadirahimi) January 24, 2014

Egyptian state TV showed a crowd standing in front of the HQ building in the wake of the blast, chanting“people demand the execution of the Muslim Brotherhood.”

Egyptian security troops and army soldiers have faced regular militant attacks since July 2013, when a military coup deposed Islamist President Mohamed Morsi.

There have been at least three bomb attacks in the last weeks in the country, including a suicide coming at a police compound in Mansoura, north of Cairo, which killed 15 people.

“We don’t know who is behind these bombings, but it seems likely that they are part of a pattern of bombings carried out by jihadist militants with links to the war, which is raging in the Sinai. And the message to the Egyptian government is: ‘We do not accept your constitution, we do not accept your government, we see them as traitors and we want to bring the whole house crashing down,’” Cairo-based journalist Hugh Miles told RT.

The attack on police HQ on Friday and the second blast come less than a week after Egyptians approved a new constitution, despite a vote boycott by Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood, which was outlawed after the coup.

The Brotherhood was planning a massive protest after Friday prayers across the country, the largest in a series of similar events.

The bombings raise new concerns over security during the upcoming anniversary celebrations of the 2011 revolution, which ousted Egypt’s long-time ruler Hosni Mubarak. The Interior Ministry pledged to protect the Saturday celebration.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acenewsservices, #cairo, #egypt, #friday, #hosni-mubarak, #hugh-miles, #interior-ministry, #mohamed-morsi, #muslim-brotherhood, #port-said, #reuters