(HAITI) LATEST: Local Unions planned strike after US missionaries and children abducted #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Oct.19: U.S. Officials are working with Haitian authorities to try to secure the release of 12 adults and five children with a U.S.-based missionary group who were abducted over the weekend by a gang notorious for killings, kidnappings and extortion.

#AceDailyNews says according to the via Fox News a strike is planned ‘worsening lack of security’ after US missionaries and children abducted in Haiti by a gang over the weekend…..HAITI GANG KIDNAPS US MISSIONARY GROUP, INCLUDING CHILDREN

Fox News Flash top headlines for October 18

Local unions and organizations are expected to strike, protesting Haiti’s ‘worsening lack of security’

The group was snatched by the 400 Mawozo gang, which controls the Croix-des-Bouquets area east of the capital of Port-au-Prince, police inspector Frantz Champagne told The Associated Press on Sunday. The abduction happened Saturday in the community of Ganthier, which lies in the gang’s area. It was blamed for the kidnapping of five priests and two nuns earlier this year. 

As authorities sought the release of the 16 Americans and one Canadian with the Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries, local unions and other organizations expected to launch a strike Monday to protest Haiti’s worsening lack of security. 

Children stand in the courtyard of the Maison La Providence de Dieu orphanage it Ganthier, Croix-des-Bouquets, Haiti, on Sunday where a gang abducted 17 missionaries from a U.S.-based organization. 

The Western Hemisphere’s poorest nation is again struggling with a spike in gang-related kidnappings that had diminished in recent months, after President Jovenel Moïse was fatally shot at his private residence on July 7 and a magnitude 7.2 earthquake killed more than 2,200 people in August. 

“Everyone is concerned. They’re kidnapping from all social classes,” Méhu Changeux, president of Haiti’s Association of Owners and Drivers, told Magik9 radio station. 

He said the work stoppage would continue until the government could guarantee people’s safety. 

The kidnapping of the missionaries came just days after high-level U.S. officials visited Haiti and promised more resources for Haiti’s National Police, including another $15 million to help reduce gang violence, which this year has displaced thousands of Haitians who now live in temporary shelters in increasingly unhygienic conditions. 

The U.S. State Department said Sunday that it was in regular contact with senior Haitian authorities and would continue to work with them and interagency partners. 

“The welfare and safety of U.S. citizens abroad is one of the highest priorities of the Department of State,” the agency said in a statement. 

Christian Aid Ministries said the kidnapped group included seven women, five men and five children, including a 2-year-old. The organization said they were taken while on a trip to visit an orphanage. 

“Join us in praying for those who are being held hostage, the kidnappers and the families, friends and churches of those affected,” Christian Aid Ministries said in a statement. “As an organization, we commit this situation to God and trust him to see us through.” 

An annual report issued last year by Christian Aid Ministries said its American staffers had returned to their base in Haiti after a nine-month absence “due to political unrest” and noted the “uncertainty and difficulties” that arise from such instability.

Armed forces secure the area where the Haiti's Prime Minister Ariel Henry placed a bouquet of flowers in front of independence hero Jean Jacques Dessalines memorial in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, on Sunday.

Nearly a year ago, Haitian police issued a wanted poster for the alleged leader of the 400 Mawozo gang, Wilson Joseph, on charges including murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, auto theft and the hijacking of trucks carrying goods. He goes by the nickname “Lanmò Sanjou,” which means “death doesn’t know which day it’s coming.” 

Amid the spike in kidnappings, gangs have demanded ransoms ranging from a couple of hundred dollars to more than $1 million, sometimes killing those they have abducted, according to authorities. 

At least 328 kidnappings were reported to Haiti’s National Police in the first eight months of 2021, compared with a total of 234 for all of 2020, said a report last month by the United Nations Integrated Office in Haiti. 

Gangs have been accused of kidnapping schoolchildren, doctors, police officers, busloads of passengers and others as they grow more powerful. In April, a man who claimed to be the leader of 400 Mawozo told a radio station that it was responsible for kidnapping five priests, two nuns and three relatives of one of the priests that month. They were later released. 

Armed forces secure the area where the Haiti's Prime Minister Ariel Henry placed a bouquet of flowers in front of independence hero Jean Jacques Dessalines memorial in Port-au-Prince, Haiti on Sunday.

The spike in kidnappings and gang-related violence has forced Haitians to take detours around certain gang-controlled areas while others opt to stay home, which in turn means less money for people like Charles Pierre, a moto taxi driver in Port-au-Prince who has several children to feed. 

“People are not going out in the streets,” he said. “We cannot find people to transport.”

#AceNewsDesk report …………….Published: Oct.19: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#children, #haiti, #kidnap, #killing, #missionaires

(NIGERIA) LATEST: Security forces have arrested three men accused of taking part in a mass abduction on Bethel Baptist High School in July when gunmen kidnapped 121 students who were asleep in their dorm rooms #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Sept.27: Nigerian security forces have arrested three men accused of taking part in a mass abduction on Bethel Baptist High School in July. Gunmen kidnapped 121 students who were asleep in their dorm rooms.

#AceDailyNews says that according to France24 the Nigerian police have arrested three men in connection with July kidnapping of 121 schoolchildren ….

24/09/2021 – 23:25

EYE ON AFRICA
EYE ON AFRICA © FRANCE 24

The attack took place just outside the city of Kaduna in the north-west of the country. One hundred teens have since managed to escape or were freed, but twenty-one are still unaccounted for.

#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: Sept.27: 2021:

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#arrest, #kidnap, #nigeria, #youtube

(LONDON) Old Bailey Court Report: A serving police constable has appeared for a second time after he was charged with the kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Mar.17: Wayne Couzens, 48 (20.12.72) appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, 13 March: Today he appeared via video link at the Central Criminal Court.

MET UPDATED: Sarah Everard murder: Police officer appears at Old Bailey via video link: ‘A provisional trial date has been set for 25 October and a pre-trial plea hearing has been scheduled for Friday, 9 July’

[Sarah Everard]

A woman, aged in her 30s, who was arrested at the same time as Couzens on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail to return to a police station on a date in mid-April.

Sarah’s family have been informed and specialist officers are in place to support the family and friends.

A post-mortem examination was held on Friday, 12 March at the William Harvey hospital in Ashford, Kent. The results were inconclusive.

The investigation continues and is being led by Specialist Crime Command detectives who are drawing on expertise and skills from hundreds of colleagues across the Met. They are also being supported by Kent Police.

In the interests of clarity about these exceptional events, we are releasing further details of Couzens’ employment with the Metropolitan Police Service.

Wayne Couzens joined the MPS on 10 September 2018. His first posting was to South Area where he joined a response team covering the Bromley area. He then moved to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command on 1 February 2020 where his primary role was on uniformed patrol duties of diplomatic premises, mainly a range of Embassies.

MET Report:

#AceNewsDesk report ……….Published: Mar.17: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#kidnap, #london, #met, #murder

UPDATE: ‘ COLUMBIAN PRESIDENT SUSPENDS PEACE TALKS OVER FARC KIDNAPPINGS ‘

#AceWorldNews – COLUMBIA – Nov.18 – Updated News – Earlier l posted a news article over the kidnapping of General Ruben Alzate on Sunday, by suspected FARC rebelsAt the time there was a threat to the fragile peace talks.

The latest information is that Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos has suspended peace talks with FARC rebels on Monday after their kidnapping of an army general.

General Ruben Dario Alzate was captured the day before with another military official and a civilian during a visit to the site of an energy project in the northern province of Choco.

” Negotiators were to travel to another round of talks in Havana,” President Santos said on Sunday, Reuters reports.

“I will tell them not to go and that the talks are suspended until these people are released.” he said at a press conference. 

The Revolutionary armed forces of Colombia, or the FARC, a military Marxist organization, and the government have been holding peace talks for two years, though this bloody conflict dates back to the 1960’s. 

#ANS2014 

#choco, #energy, #general, #havana, #kidnap, #peace-talks