(KENT, U.K.) JUST IN: Climate protesters have mounted a blockade of the port of Dover, after being banned from taking action around the M25 #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Sept.24: Around 30 activists, from the Insulate Britain pressure group descended on roads around the main ferry port early this morning: Police are at the scene say 39 people have now been arrested with two protest sites now cleared, disruption remains at a third location on Jubilee Way at the Port of Dover.

#AceDailyNews says that according to GB News: Insulate Britain mounted a blockade of Dover Port: Around 30 activists, from the pressure group descended on roads around the main ferry port early this morning causing chaos ….with police arresting around 39 in total from two sites ….

Mark White Home and Security Editor: Published friday 24 September 2021 – 09:33 Last updated friday 24 September 2021 – 11:04

Earlier this week, National Highways was granted an injunction at the High Court to ban protesters from blocking the main orbital motorway.

It followed five separate days of action which blocked multiple junctions around the M25 and snarled up traffic for many hours, infuriating motorists.

Reacting to the news of this morning’s blockade of Dover, the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps told GB News: “I’m aware of the protests this morning and am in touch with authorities there.

“Obviously the first priority is to stop this.”

He added: “It’s completely counter productive, they are being incredibly irresponsible. This cannot continue.”

The High Court injunction only bans activists from taking action around the M25.

Authorities had feared the group, which vowed to continue its protests despite the ban, would simply move on to disrupt other routes.

MET Officers make further arrests over M25 protests …..

Metropolitan Police officers have made two further arrests in relation to the ongoing investigation into the actions taken to block the M25 by protest group Insulate Britain.

A 36-year-old man was arrested at his home address in Streatham on suspicion of conspiracy to cause public nuisance on Wednesday, 22 September. 

A 51-year-old woman was arrested at her home address in Warrington on suspicion of conspiracy to cause public nuisance on Thursday, 23 September.

This follows three arrests made last week for the same offence. A 55-year-old man, 45-year-old woman and a 49-year-old man were arrested for conspiracy to cause public nuisance on Monday, 13 September. 

In total, Met officers have made 28 arrests for those obstructing the public highway.

Those arrested have been released under investigation whilst the crime team fully investigate all lines of enquiry and pursue all possible offences committed given the amount of material they have seized.

#AceNewsDesk report …….Published: Sept.24: 2021;

Editor says …Sterling Publishing & Media Service Agency is not responsible for the content of external site or from any reports, posts or links, and can also be found here on Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily all of our posts fromTwitter can be found here: https://acetwitternews.wordpress.com/ and all wordpress and live posts and links here: https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#dover, #kent, #m20, #m25, #met, #protestors, #uk