#AceWorldNews – IRAN (Tehran) – September 08 – Iran accused the United States on Sunday of not taking the threat from ISIL militants in Iraq and Syria seriously, and charged that US aid had previously helped the Takfiri militants.
“There is still no serious understanding about the threat and they (the United States) have as yet taken no serious action,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said in an interview with IRIB on Sunday morning.
“US has not been serious in fighting ISIL which roots in their double standards; the US supported ISIL back in Syria and now they want to fight them in Iraq,” he added, according to Mehr news agency.
The top Iranian diplomat said that there has not been enough and comprehensive understanding of ISIL threat yet, but “the Islamic Republic of Iran was aware of its danger since the beginning of ISIL establishment and Iran president’s WAVE (World Against Violence and Extremism) suggested to the last year UN General Assembly proves the Islamic Republic’s logic regarding such issues.”
He pointed to the Leader’s emphasis on danger of radicalism and said that “we know the ISIL danger and stand besides our Iraqi sisters and brothers to control it but this is dangerous for the whole region and international cooperation is needed to eradicate it.”