(TEHRAN) JUST IN: On Tuesday night, a number of semi-official and official Iranian media sources shared a report claiming that an intelligence and special operations center in northern Iraq allegedly belonging to the Mossad was attacked by an “unidentified group.” #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Apr.22: And the Iranians were quick to announce that they had launched an attack on what they describe as a Mossad intelligence center in Kurdish Iraq, and caused many casualties among its “Israeli forces.” It was an attempt to persuade both its own people, and the rest of the world, that Iran was able to strike back at once and inflict significant damage on Israel.

Iran, Humiliated By Natanz, Claims It Hit ‘Mossad’ Site In Iraq: The Iranians are smarting from the latest Mossad attack, which destroyed much of its new centrifuge plant, built 50 meters underground, at Natanz. There have been dire threats from Iran about taking its revenge on Israel. The report on the supposed attack is here: “Iranian media spreads report of attack on alleged Mossad center in Iraq,” by Tzvi Joffre, Jerusalem Post, April 14, 2021:

On Tuesday night, a number of semi-official and official Iranian media sources shared a report claiming that an intelligence and special operations center in northern Iraq allegedly belonging to the Mossad was attacked by an “unidentified group.”

The Iranian reports claimed that “Israeli forces” were injured or killed in the alleged attack and promised to release more details and footage “soon.” As of Wednesday [April 14] morning, no further details nor footage has been released.

A report on the alleged incident shared by the semi-official Iranian Fars News Agency claimed that “Iraqi media and sources have repeatedly warned about the activities of Zionist elements” in the Iraqi Kurdistan area.

The report was not confirmed by any official sources, but has been published by the semi-official Fars News Agency, Al-Alam News, which is owned by Iran’s state media corporation, and Press TV, an English-language news network run by the Iranian government.

The Iranian reports gave no details, only reporting that an attack on “an intelligence and special operations center” belonging to Mossad had taken place. According to Iraqi Kurdish sources, such baseless claims about the existence of a “Mossad center” in Iraqi Kurdistan have been made before. In Iran’s brief report, nothing was revealed about the attackers, described only as an “unidentified group.” Nothing was said about where the attack took place beyond “northern Iraq.” Nothing further has been said to support the claim that there have been casualties among “Israeli forces,” even though the Iranian government promised to release “more details and footage.” There has been no release of any footage – not of the building that was supposedly Iran’s target, and not of the killed and wounded Israelis. There was no mention of how the attack took place – was it a bombing, drones, cyberwarfare, Iranian agents on the ground? It was, of course, a fantasy produced by the Iranians to save face, to let their own people and the world know that they had dealt a heavy blow to the Jewish state as retaliation for its attack on the underground facility at Natanz.

It took less than a day for the Iraqi Kurds to deny the story. Just a day after the Iranian Fars news agency had reported on that attack on a “Mossad center” in northern Iraq, the Iraqi Kurds announced that there had been no such attack. A spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government denied reports of an alleged attack on a Mossad center in northern Iraq as “completely false” on Wednesday morning, stating that this isn’t the first time claims have been made that an Israeli intelligence center is located in Kurdistan, according to Iraqi media.

“The purpose of publishing such reports is clearly a conspiracy against the region and its political process,” added the spokesman.

That unambiguous denial of any such Iranian attack on a “Mossad center” by the Kurdistan Regional Government in Iraq apparently convinced the Iranians to drop their claim – it was being received with too much skepticism in the region, and outright denial in Iraqi Kurdistan, making Iran look ridiculous.

President Rouhani took a different tack. He said at a televised cabinet meeting that the answer to Israel’s Natanz attack would not take the form of violent retaliation; Iran had another, better way to strike back: “Of course, the security and intelligence officials must give the final reports, but apparently it is the crime of the Zionists, and if the Zionists act against our nation, we will answer it. Our response to their malice is replacing the damaged centrifuges with more advanced ones and ramping up the enrichment to 60% at the Natanz facility.”

Such an “answer,” in the form of uranium enriched to a level of 60%, relieves Iran of the need to strike back violently against the Jewish state, which would only prompt Israel to respond with a far more devastating blow, to which the Iranians would not dare to respond. Enriching uranium to that higher level of purity is a move that will satisfy the Iranian public that “something is being done to answer the Zionists” and yet should not trigger a violent response from Israel. And another calculation by Iran might be this: the Biden Administration, already so disposed to appeasing the Islamic Republic, will want to reward Iran for its “restraint” in its non-violent answer to Israel’s latest devastating blow at Natanz. What better way to reward Iran for holding back than to accede to its demand that some U.S. sanctions be removed before Iran re-commits to any part of the 2015 nuclear deal?

#AceNewsDesk report ………..Published: Apr.22: 2021:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#iran, #iraq, #mossad, #natanz, #tehran

(TEHRAN) LATEST: The Iranian Kayhan newspaper reported on Sunday that Tehran has asked the International Police (Interpol) to help arrest a person suspected of having a role in the Natanz nuclear reactor incident #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Apr.20: This person is 43 years old, and after his identity was revealed, the necessary measures were taken through Interpol to arrest and return him.”

Iranian media claims Iran issued an arrest warrant for Natanz nuclear reactor suspect: Saudi Arabia rejects Iran’s presence in Syria, demands end of ‘sectarian project’ The newspaper said, “The Iranian intelligence and judicial agencies are currently trying to arrest him and return him to the country.”

As of Sunday, the man identified as Reza Karimi has not shown up on the INTERPOL website:

On Saturday, Iranian television published a picture of the person involved in the attack on the Natanz nuclear facility, indicating that Karimi was an Iranian citizen, and that he was 43 years old.

On Monday, a spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Saeed Khatibzadeh, said that his country would respond to Israel at the appropriate time and place to the Natanz attack, indicating that the incident would have led to a disaster and a crime against humanity if it led to radioactive contamination.

The Israeli public radio reported, citing intelligence sources, as saying that the Mossad behind the Natanz incident.

A spokesman for the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, Behrouz Kamalondi, confirmed that the electricity distribution network at the Natanz facility had had an incident, while the head of the organization, Ali Akbar Salehi, said that the incident was an act of sabotage, describing it as “a heinous move and condemned nuclear terrorism.”

In the wake of the Natanz attack, Iran announced that it would raise the level of uranium enrichment to 60%, and the Atomic Energy Organization confirmed that this would start last Friday.

#AceNewsDesk report ………..Published: Aug.20: 2021;

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports by https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, also links can be found at here for Twitter and Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

#interpol, #iran, #israel, #natanz, #nuclear, #saudi-arabia, #tehran

EU: “Suspends Sanctions Against Iran in Preparedness for Nuclear Deal”

#AceNewsServices says EU suspends ‘certain sanctions’ as Iran halts 20% uranium enrichment

Published time: January 20, 2014 09:23
Edited time: January 20, 2014 15:07
Iran Nuclear Plan A general view shows map of area of the Iranian nuclear power plant of Natanz, 270 kms south of Tehran (AFP Photo)
Download video (17.53 MB) “Just Right Click and Save Link” or “Alternatively Click link and Watch”  Editor.  
The EU has announced it is suspending “certain sanctions” against Iran as it halts its 20 percent enrichment of uranium. This marks the landmark nuclear deal between Tehran and the six world powers coming into force.

The European Council has announced that certain EU sanctions against Iran will be suspended.

Press release on #Iran: EU suspends certain sanctions as Joint Plan of Action enters into force. http://t.co/0noR9jz9AU

— EU Council Press (@EUCouncilPress) January 20, 2014

The decision will ease restrictions on trade in petrochemicals, precious metals and the provision of insurance for oil shipments. The ban on vessels to transport Iranian crude will also be lifted as part of the Joint Plan of Action, struck in November 2013 between Tehran and the so-called P5+1 (Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the US).

Earlier in the day, Tehran announced a halt in its uranium enrichment program. Centrifuge cascades at Iranian nuclear plants were disconnected under the supervision of UN nuclear inspectors, who arrived in Iran over the weekend to check Iran’s compliance with the deal.

ISIS-DigitalGlobe satellite imagery analysis o...

ISIS-DigitalGlobe satellite imagery analysis of the Natanz Uranium Enrichment Plant in Iran. February 25, 2006. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

In line with the implementation of the Geneva joint plan of action, Iran suspended the production of 20 percent enriched uranium in the presence of UN nuclear watchdog inspectors at Natanz and Fordo sites,” AFP cited Mohammad Amiri, director general for safeguards at Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation. 

Apart from suspending enrichment of uranium to 20 percent – the level that’s close to the one needed for nuclear weapons production – Iran has also pledged to dilute half of the stockpile of the already enriched material. 

A confidential report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), obtained by Reuters, has confirmed that Iran “has ceased enriching uranium above 5 percent U-235 at the two cascades at the Pilot Fuel Enrichment Plant (PFEP) and four cascades at the Fordo Fuel Enrichment Plant (FFEP) previously used for this purpose.” 

The same report states that Iran has stopped “conducting any further advances” to its activities at the Arak heavy-water nuclear reactor, which Western powers feared could produce plutonium to be used as bomb fuel. 

According to the agreement Iran is freezing parts of its nuclear program in exchange for the easing of sanctions by the EU and the US, including lifting restrictions on Iranian exports of petrochemicals. Iran will also be able to import parts for its auto manufacturing industry and trade in gold and other precious metals.

The value of sanctions relief could amount to $7 billion, according to US government estimates. 

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is expected to try to persuade Western companies to invest in Iran at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Thursday. Several European political and trade delegations have already visited the country in recent weeks, signaling a thaw in the EU-Iran relations. 

The interim nuclear deal with Iran which came into force Monday will be in effect for six months, until the country and the P5+1 strike a permanent agreement, supposed to bring more stability to the volatile Middle East.

Achieving that won’t be easy though, as RT’s Middle East correspondent Paula Slier reports from Tel Aviv, where the government is the main opponent of the accord. 

What is not clear in how the US is going to maneuver its way forward,” Slier says. “It has a very fine line to walk. On the one hand you have Israel that continues to say that this was the deal with the devil. But on the other hand you have Iran, which Barack Obama is urging to come to the party, and he himself needs to show transparency and commitment while not alienating his friend, Tel Aviv, in the region.

There are also threats for more sanctions coming from a group of US senators, who have prepared legislation to enact new economic constraints in case no new deal is reached in six months.

Tehran has long been irritated by the plans voiced in the US Congress.

“Those in the United States who are pushing for more sanctions have to see what this policy has produced and whether it is worth risking. I don’t want to get engaged in a childish discussion on whether Iran is bluffing or not. They can test us,” Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif told RT’s Sophie Shevardnadze earlier in January.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acenewsservices, #barack-obama, #digitalglobe, #enriched-uranium, #european-union, #international-atomic-energy-agency, #iran, #middle-east, #natanz, #nuclear-power-plant, #paula-slier, #tehran, #united-states

#AceNewsDesk: “World News – Today – 20 January 2014 – Good Morning”

Ace News Group Tehran starts implementing nuclear deal – IAEA

Iran has halted its most sensitive nuclear activity under a deal with six world powers, a confidential UN atomic agency report said. The International Atomic Energy Agency’s report, obtained by Reuters, also said Iran had begun diluting its stockpile of uranium enriched to the fissile concentration of 20 percent. This level took the country closer to the capability of producing fuel for an atomic bomb – a goal Tehran has always denied. Iran’s move paves the way for the easing of some Western sanctions imposed on the country.09:01

Vietnam court sentences 30 drug smugglers to death

Vietnam on Monday sentenced 30 drug smugglers to death in the communist country’s largest-ever narcotics case, involving nearly two tons of heroin, AFP reported. The 30 men and women, all Vietnamese, in the northern province of Quang Ninh, were found guilty of drug trafficking and given the death penalty. A further 59 defendants were handed sentences ranging up to life in prison, presiding Judge Ngo Duc said. This was Vietnam’s “largest ever trial in terms of defendants, the number of death penalties given out and the amount of heroin involved,” according to Duc.

08:29

UN inspectors disconnecting enrichment equipment in Iran – report

UN nuclear inspectors have begun disconnecting some centrifuges used for enriching uranium at Iran’s Natanz plant, Iranian state television said. The move is part of a nuclear deal with six world powers due to take effect on Monday. “The International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors in the Natanz plant are disconnecting cascades,”Reuters quoted the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Ali Akbar Salehi, as saying on television. The official, who was referring to interlinked networks of centrifuges, added that “the sanctions iceberg against Iran is melting.” Tehran is expected to suspend its higher-grade uranium enrichment in return for some easing of Western sanctions.

07:12

2 dead, hundreds evacuated over ‘historic’ French Riviera floods

River levels were receding early on Monday in southeastern France after “historic” floods left two people dead, AFP reported. A third man disappeared while out on his boat and 4,000 homes have been left without power after the deluge in the department of Var, officials said. More than 150 people were airlifted to safety. In the town of Hyeres, Mayor Jacques Politi spoke of “a historic flood.” Var prefecture official Emmanuel Dupuis said the area was “at the end of the crisis,” warning that the slightest rain could cause further damage as the ground remained saturated.

06:27

Suicide bomber kills 10 near Pakistani army HQ in Rawalpindi

A suicide bomber killed 10 people in a crowded market on Monday near the Pakistani army headquarters in the city of Rawalpindi, Reuters reported. The market is 10 minutes’ walk from the army headquarters and is considered one of the most secure areas of the city. The attack, not far from the capital, Islamabad, comes a day after a Taliban bombing killed 20 Pakistani soldiers near the tribal region of North Waziristan.

03:18

6.3 quake strikes New Zealand

A strong 6.3-magnitude earthquake struck the North Island of New Zealand on Monday afternoon, with tremors felt in Wellington and other parts of the country. The epicenter of Monday’s earthquake was approximately 129 kilometers northeast of Wellington. The depth of the shake was recorded at 65 kilometers according to the Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences, the country’s seismological agency. There is no immediate word on damage or casualties.

00:54

​S. Korean trade official kidnapped in Libya

A South Korean trade agency employee has been kidnapped by four unknown assailants in Libya, the country’s Foreign Ministry announced. Han Seok-woo, the head of the Libya unit of the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) was kidnapped in the early hours of Monday morning as he was returning home after his work at the trade office in Tripoli.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acenewsdesk, #aceworldnews, #ali-akbar-salehi, #international-atomic-energy-agency, #iran, #monday, #natanz, #tehran, #var, #vietnam, #world-news