#AceNewsServices – UKRAINE (Donetsk) – October 01 – There is irrefutable evidence that the National Guard and ultra-nationalist Right Sector fighters are responsible for the murder of people recently discovered in mass burial sites near Donetsk, eastern Ukraine said Russia’s Investigative Committee.
“For those who have doubts regarding who’s responsible for these murders, the Investigative Committee has irrefutable evidence – witness accounts and appropriate examinations – that directly indicates that this crime was committed by fighters from the National Guard and Right Sector,” the committee’s head Vladimir Markin in a statement on Wednesday.
The mass graves discovered in September near the city of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine “are further eloquent testimony to the atrocities of the Ukrainian nationalists,” Markin said, adding that “all of the victims were tortured before their murder.”
The murders were described in detail in the testimony of a soldier from the ‘Dnepr’ battalion, Sergey Litvinov, detained in a Russian hospital as a civilian after he fled Ukraine, Markin said. Currently Litvinov is under arrest and is to be transferred to Moscow for further questioning, he added.
Litvinov “personally killed civilians not involved in the military conflict, including women and children residents of the villages Melovoye, Shiroky, Makarovo and Kamushnoye, guided by anonymous denunciations,” Markin said, quoting the soldier’s testimony.
“What is more interesting that this fighter received a money reward for the killings from his leadership sponsored by Igor Kolomoysky,” Markin said, referring the Kiev-appointed Dnepropetrovsk governor and prominent oligarch.
“We know the names of many of the commanders of military units, the militants of the Right Sector and the National Guard, who carry out criminal orders of the military and political leadership of Ukraine,” Markin said, adding that all of them will sooner or later have to answer “not only before the law, but also to their own conscience.”
#AceNewsServices – UKRAINE(Donetsk)- September 27 – On the outskirts of Donetsk, miners discovered new mass graves of brutally murdered civilians.
Representatives of the People’s Republic of Donetsk believe that the civilians were killed by National Guard soldiers, as the Ukrainian troops had been staying in the settlement, where the graves were found, since April, whereas Donetsk militia occupied the village only on September 21, RIA Novosti reports.
However, Kiev officials deny the information. Earlier, a representative of the Council of National Security and Defense of Ukraine, Andrey Lysenko, said that “no soldier of the National Guard was ever staying in the location.”
Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Donetsk Alexander Zakharchenko told the Russian News Service that there were three burials of civilians found – about 40 dead bodies of civilians, prisoners of war and Ukrainian militia soldiers.
According to Zakharchenko, an examination of the bodies showed that the victims lacked internal organs. However, he noted, it remains unclear whether the organs had been harvested at the time when the victims were alive or dead.
OSCE observers confirmed reports about the discovery of three mass graves in the Donetsk region, in the village of Nizhnyaya Krynka and its surroundings on September 23.
Chairman of Just Russia Party, head of the party faction in the State Duma of the Russian Federation, Sergei Mironov, commenting on the reports, said that the Duma suggested establishing an international commission to investigate crimes against humanity and war crimes against civilians in Ukraine.
#AceWorldNews – UKRAINE – May 19 – Last week the Ukrainian government announced the formation of the National Guard, after it was revealed that the army only had 6,000 combat ready troops compared to Russia’s 200,000.
The volunteer force will bolster the under-strength military and protect Ukraine’s borders after Crimea having been effectively annexed and Russian forces now building up along Ukraine’s eastern border.
The first to answer the call were the self defence groups who fought on the barricades during last month’s revolution.
So we headed down to the Maidan to hopefully tag along with them to the training grounds outside of Kiev for their induction day.
Vice News Report
#AceBreakingNews – UKRAINE – One civilian was killed and several others wounded in eastern Ukraine as the National Guard started shooting at protesters and voters, who had gathered around a seized polling station in Krasnoarmeysk, self-defence forces and witnesses said.
“I just saw the National Guard kill one and injure several others,” Russian journalist Ilya Azar wrote in his micro-blog. Later this was confirmed by Denis Pushilin, the co-chairman of the self-proclaimed People’s Donetsk Republic.
Azar also posted a photo of the dead young man. He says at least one more person was injured in the chest. Other unconfirmed reports on Twitter say at least three others sustained wounds.
An amateur video posted on YouTube shows several National Guard mercenaries blocking the entry to the city council headquarters used as a polling station, and firing at locals.
Это убитый в красноармейске. Просто люди безоружные стояли у захваченного нацгвардией горсовета pic.twitter.com/VJyzYn2bSE
— iлля¯\_(ツ)_/¯няшмяш (@A3AP) May 11, 2014
“People were just standing there, unarmed, outside the city council seized by the Guard,” Azar tweeted.
Krasnoarmeysk, together with many other places in southeastern Ukraine, has conducted an autonomy referendum. Following the National Guard’s interference, the voting was stopped. Four schools got seized by masked men; all the people had to be evacuated.
“They threatened us and said that they were sent by the Kiev authorities,”Sergey, a local resident, told RT.
By that time, over 47,000 people had cast their ballots, self-defense forces said.
— Shvedova Elena (@eshvedova2012) May 11, 2014
Tweet News and Views #ANS2014
- Kiev’s armored vehicles attack village nr Ukraine’s Lugansk – self-defense forces(rt.com)
- Democracy, Russian Style(matthewaid.com)
- Pro-Russians hold referendum(cnn.com)
#AceWorldNews – CARACAS – April 27 – Violent protests continue against the government of Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro, despite him having agreed to hold talks with the opposition.
Anti-government demonstrators clashed with the National Guard in the capital Caracas on Friday.
Maduro has agreed to hold talks with the opposition in the presence of an outside facilitator after weeks of unrest in the country.
The announcement was made on Thursday after two days of talks between foreign ministers of the Union of South American Nations (UNASUR), government officials, human rights groups, and student protesters.
Maduro said he would look forward to having UNASUR elect a “group of foreign ministers that could be witnesses and sit down” and talk with the opposition. He added that he was open to international observers.
The demonstrations erupted on February 4th in the western border city of San Cristobal and quickly spread to Caracas. At least 37 people have been killed in clashes with security forces since the start of the unrest.
Caracas says the protests are part of a US plot to topple the Venezuelan government.
Press TV – HN/HSN
#AceWorldNews – UKRAINE – April 21 – Viktor Yanukovych has demanded to return Ukraine’s military forces to their permanent bases, to withdraw the National Guard units from the country’s east, and to start a dialogue with the people in the eastern regions of Ukraine. Yanukovych proposed to hold a referendum on the country’s federalization and the powers of the regions (Itar-tass)
#AceWorldNews – KIEV – April 15 – A military aerodrome near Kramatorsk has been reportedly seized by Ukrainian army units.
Military spokesmen say the facility is “under reliable protection.”
According to the same sources, planes and helicopters had been ordered into the air “to protect military equipment because there had been no chance to guess how long the operation would take.”
“Now the city is calm and the National Guard is at work,” they claim.
Earlier, witnesses said that helicopters were hovering over the aerodrome near Kramatorsk during the operation to storm the facility. A large crowd was seen nearby.
According to some sources, shots were fired in the area of the aerodrome and some people were injured. Witnesses claimed that one plane was shot down and an assault group of 40-50 appeared in the area.
#AceWorldNews – DONETSK – April 12 – (ZNAU) – National Guard Soldiers repulsed an attempt to seize the Donetsk chemical plant that stores a significant amount of explosives – Press office of the Interior Ministry of Ukraine.
According to authorities, on Saturday around 15:00 it was attacked by a group of armed men in Donetsk Chemical Plant, which is under the protection of the National Guard of Ukraine.
Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said on Sunday the country had taken measures to guard the borders with Russia. “Border has been guarded with the Lugansk and Kharkiv regions,” Avakov said. “Border guards and the National Guard prevent people from crossing the border for doubtful reasons. Hundreds of such people are banned to cross the border every day.” “There will no incidents on Sunday,” the Ukrainian minister said. #ANS2014
#AceWorldNews says that according to latest reports a group described as Islamist militants attacked security forces in an ambush near the border with Algeria, killing four people, Tunisia’s interior ministry said on Sunday, according to reports by Reuters and AP.
The ministry statement said the militants opened fire on a vehicle driving along a road in the north-west of the country, killing a prison official, a civilian and wounding two others.
The band then attacked security officials who arrived to investigate the incident, killing two members of the National Guard and wounding two others.
The Islamist militants were disguised as security officials and had stolen weapons and a vehicle, according to the state news agency TAP.
The report did not name any group as being responsible for the attack.