SAUDI ARABIA: ‘ Car Explosion Near High Security Prison Killed Driver & Wounded Two Security Officials ‘

#AceNewsReport – SAUDI ARABIA:Post Update:July.17: A car explosion at a checkpoint near Saudi Arabia’s highest security prison killed the driver and wounded two security officials, the interior ministry said on Thursday, as reported by AFP.

“The driver blew up the car and killed himself,” said the spokesman, adding that the explosion is now under investigation.

The policemen, who were in a “stable condition,” were taken to the hospital, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.

@AceNewsServices

Ace Worldwide News

#car-bomb, #iran, #iranian-peoples, #news-agency, #nuclear-weapon, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #saudi-press-agency, #security-checkpoint, #tehran

RIYADH: ‘ US National Shot Dead And Another Wounded at Gas Station ‘

#AceWorldNews – SAUDI ARABIA (Riyadh) – October 14 – A US national was shot dead and another wounded when their car was fired upon in Saudi Arabia’s capital on Tuesday afternoon, Reuters reported, citing a police spokesman.

US National Shot Dead, Another Wounded in Saudi Capital

US National Shot Dead, Another Wounded in Saudi Capital

The incident took place in an eastern district of Riyadh.

The gunman who shot and killed an American and wounded another in Riyadh on Tuesday was a disgruntled former employee of defence contractor Vinnell Arabia and a US-Saudi citizen, a US diplomat said.

The victims  of the shooting at a gas station in the Saudi capital also worked at Vinnell Arabia, said the diplomat, ruling out terrorism as a motive for the attack.

An assailant was arrested, according to the statement.

AFP – Reuters 

#ANS2014

#riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #us-national

SAUDI ARABIA: ‘ Court Sentences an American and 23 People to Prison on Terrorist Charges ‘

#AceWorldNews – SAUDI ARABIA (Riyadh) – September 13 – A court in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday sentenced an American and 23 other people to prison on charges they created a terrorist cell and planned attacks on foreigners and oil pipelines.

The official Saudi Press Agency reported that their sentences range from two to 27 years in prison for planning attacks against Saudi Arabia and its smaller neighbour of Bahrain.

The state report said the U.S. national was sentenced to 17 years prison, six of which are for cyber-crime’s . He was ordered deported after completing his sentencing. The years he has already spent in prison will be counted as part of his sentencing.

State media did not release any names, did not disclose further details on when the attacks were planned and did not say when the men had been arrested. All have 30 days to appeal.

The group also includes one Yemeni while the rest are Saudi. The Specialized Criminal Court, created in 2008 to try terrorism cases, slapped them with travel bans after prison.

Other charges against various members of the group include financing terrorism, embracing “deviant ideology”, disobeying the king, using the media to support terrorism, providing shelter to wanted people and training for combat.

#ANS2014

#riyadh, #saudi-arabia

SAUDI ARABIA: ‘ Top Cleric Says Al-Qaeda and the Takfiri Group ISIL Are Number One Enemy of Islam ‘

#AceNewsServices (Exclusive) – SAUDI ARABIA – August 20 – Saudi Top Cleric: Qaeda, ISIL Enemy No 1 of Islam

Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh

Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh on Tuesday blasted Al-Qaeda and the Takfiri group, ISIL, as “enemy number one” of Islam, in a statement issued in Riyadh.

“The ideas of extremism, radicalism and terrorism… have nothing to do with Islam and (their proponents) are the enemy number one of Islam,” the kingdom’s top cleric said.

He cited Takfiris from the Islamic State, which has declared a “caliphate” straddling large parts of Iraq and Syria, and the global Al-Qaeda terror network.

Muslims are the main victims of this extremism, as shown by crimes committed by the so-called ISIL, Al-Qaeda and groups linked to them,” the mufti said, quoting a verse in the Quran urging the “killing” of people who do deeds harmful to Islam.

“In the circumstances the Islamic nation is living through, several countries have been destabilized” by extremists, who “divide Muslims” in the name of religion, the mufti said.

He warned: “In Islam, after heresy, dividing Muslims is the greatest crime.”The mufti urged “tolerance, which was at the origin of Islam’s growth and longevity.”

The ISIL had pronounced its “caliphate” last June. The Takfiri group has been widely known for its brutal crimes against civilians in Iraq and Syria.

Damascus has repeatedly accused the Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states of destabilizing Syria through funding and arming Takfiri groups like ISIL and Nusra Front.

Last Week, Hezbollah Secretary General, Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah warned that several countries, including Saudi Arabia fear the threat of ISIL.

During an interview with Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, the resistance leader highlighted that some countries know what they have created and raised, and that’s why their diagnosis of ISIL risk is the most accurate of others because they know what they have had, speaking about the “real horror” inside the Gulf countries and the Saudi Arabia because this thought have been taught for decades for people, schools and in the curriculum.

“Turkey and Qatar are backing ISIL, and I am convinced the Saudi Arabia’s fear of it,” Sayyed Nasrallah told al-Akhbar.
16:24 2014-08-19

By Al-Manar 

#ANS2014 

 

#al-qaeda, #grand-mufti, #iraq, #islam, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #syria, #takfiri

` Saudi Arabia closes its Embassy and Consulate in Tripoli Citing Security Concerns ‘

#AceWorldNews – RIYADH – May 19 – Saudi Arabia closed its embassy and consulate in the Libyan capital and withdrew its entire diplomatic staff on Monday, Reuters said.

“All the diplomatic staff have left the Libyan capital on board a private plane due to the security situation through which Libya is passing,” ambassador Mohammed Mahmoud al-Ali said in a statement.

#ANS2014

#libyan, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #tripoli

` MERS Cases Increase as Saudi Arabia's Health Minister is Replaced as Kingdom Struggles to Contain Rise'

#AceHealthNews – RIYADH – April 22 – Saudi Arabia’s health minister, Abdullah al-Rabeeah, has been replaced by Labour minister Adel Fakieh as the kingdom struggles to contain the surge of new cases of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).

Rabeeah has been made an adviser to the Royal Court, Monarch’s decree said.

Last week, the kingdom confirmed an additional 49 cases, mostly in the port city of Jeddah.

Overall, Saudi Arabia has acknowledged 244 cases of MERS since 2012, of which 79 have died. MERS is a viral infection that causes pneumonia-like symptoms.

So far, about 30 percent of people with known infections have died.

Ace Related News:
1. April 13 – 13.59 GMT: http://wp.me/p165ui-4LT

#ANS2014

#jeddah, #mers, #middle-east-respiratory-syndrome, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia

` Court in Riyadh Sentences Blogger to 15 years for Writing Articles against `State Security ‘ Posting Online ‘

#AceWorldNews – RIYADH – April 17 – A Special Criminal Court in the capital of Riyadh found 26-year-old Fadhel al-Manasef guilty of incitement and participation in demonstrations, writing articles against state security and posting them on-line.

He was sentenced to 15 years in jail, barred from travelling abroad for 15 years after his release, and also fined 100,000 riyals ($26,700). Manasef denied the charges and his lawyer plans to appeal the verdict.

Manasef has been in detention in a jail in Dammam since October 2011 but according to Human Rights Blog Fadhel Maki al-Manasif, 26, was arrested on 2 October near the town of Safwa in the Eastern Province. He has had no access to a lawyer or been allowed visits from his family.

Like many held in custody by the Saudi Arabian authorities, he is at risk of torture and other human rights violations http://human-rights.ws/saudi-arabia-detains-human-rights-activist-again/

“The Saudi Arabian authorities seem determined to stamp out any form of dissent in the country,” said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, Amnesty International’s Deputy Director for Middle East and North Africa

Amnesty International says a prominent Saudi Arabian human rights activist has been taken to court this weekend for calling for a constitutional monarchy Amnesty International was told. He will not bow to intimidation by the authorities.

Waleed Abu al-Khair, who has been studying in the UK but returned to his home country during Ramadan, was summoned to a court in Jeddah on Sunday. When he arrived at the courthouse, there was neither a judge nor a prosecutor present.

“The judge’s assistant brought out my file, and told me that I had insulted the judiciary and encouraged people in Saudi Arabia to go against the government. In the eyes of the Saudi judiciary, anyone who calls for a constitutional monarchy is guilty,” the 32 year-old said http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/saudi-activist-defiant-face-state-intimidation-2011-09-14

#ANS2014

#riyadh

` Saudi’s Intelligence Chief Steps Down and will be replaced by Gen Youssef al-Idrissi ‘

#AceWorldNews – SAUDI ARABIA – April 16 – Saudi Arabia’s intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, has been removed from his post “at his own request”, state media report.

Prince Bandar, King Abdullah’s nephew and a former ambassador to the US, recently returned to Riyadh after two months abroad for medical treatment.

The 65 year old has been replaced by his deputy, Gen Youssef al-Idrissi.

His departure comes months after he was quoted warning of a “major shift” from the US over its Middle East policy.

Largely in protest over Washington’s reluctance to get involved militarily in Syria, he reportedly told European diplomats in October that Saudi Arabia would be scaling back its co-operation with the CIA over arming and training rebel groups seeking to topple President Bashar al-Assad (BBC).

#ANS2014

#cia, #european, #middle-east, #president-bashar-al-assad, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #syria, #us

` Saudi Arabian Court has Sentenced 13 Men to Jail for Aiding, Abetting and Financing Conflicts Abroad ‘

#AceWorldNews – RIYADH – April 14 – (ALJ) – A Saudi Arabian court has jailed 13 men, handing down sentences from one to 10 years, for aiding and financing conflicts abroad, conspiring inside Saudi Arabia and harbouring wanted suspects, state news agency SPA reports.

Other charges for which the 13 were convicted on Sunday included money laundering, bribery and possession of illegal weapons. They were all given travel bans to come into force after their sentences finished. Another seven men were acquitted, SPA reported.

Saudi courts have sentenced hundreds of convicted fighters to prison terms in recent months as they work to overcome a long backlog of cases related to an anti-government campaign last decade that killed hundreds.

The security forces detained thousands of people after the bombings and shootings started in 2003. They were accused of security offences, including joining extremist groups and fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

#ANS2014

#afghanistan, #bombings, #iraq, #jail, #money-laundering, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #sentences, #weapons

` Saudi Court Sentences to Death the Chief Strategist of a Wave of Al-Qaeda Violence in the Kingdom in 2003 ‘

#AceWorldNews – RIYADH – April 13 – (ALJ) – A Saudi court has sentenced to death the “chief strategist” of a wave of al-Qaeda violence that erupted in the kingdom in 2003, a decade after his reported arrest.

Faris al-Zahrani had been in custody ever since his detention near the Yemeni border in 2004, the Al-Madina newspaper reported on its website.

The official Saudi Press Agency gave neither his name nor the date of his arrest in the south-western city of Abha, saying only that he had shown no remorse while in custody.

The trial, in which 16 co-defendants were also sentenced to prison terms of up to 20 years, was the latest in a series of prosecutions that begun in July 2011 for alleged offences committed during the peak of al-Qaeda violence in the oil kingpin between 2003 and 2006.

#ANS2014

#al-qaeda, #riyadh, #saudi, #yemeni

` Saudi Supreme Court has upheld ` Death Sentence ‘ of ` Teacher’ who was `Convicted ‘ of Raping Girls ‘

#AceWorldNews – RIYADH – April 06 – (DWN) – Saudi Arabia’s supreme court has upheld a death sentence handed down against a teacher convicted of kidnapping and raping eight young girls, a local daily reported on Sunday.

A lower court in the Red Sea port city of Jeddah had found the man guilty last year of kidnapping girls aged between six and 11 from public areas and taking them to his home to rape them, the Makkah newspaper reported without giving his name.

His last victim, a nine-year-old whom he abducted from a wedding hall, was able to guide police to the area of Jeddah where he lived, leading to his arrest in 2011.

Earlier reports said the man was 42 at the time of his arrest, and married with four children.

He reportedly offered the girls sweets to lure them into his car, and sent his family away while he raped his victims in the family home.

Rape is one of a raft of crimes punishable by death in Saudi Arabia. Others include murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking.

DWN – Reuters – AP

#ans2014, #jeddah, #red-sea, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia

` Saudi Arabia ` SAR’s Deaths ‘ now reach a total of `63 ‘ with `150 ‘ having been infected in the Kingdom since 2012’

#AceWorldNews Saudi Arabia said Friday that a man has died from a new respiratory virus related to SARS, AP reported.

This brings to 63 the deaths in the kingdom at the centre of the outbreak.

The Health Ministry said the latest victim, a 19-year-old, died in the city of al-Kharj, south-east of Riyadh.

Two of his sisters are in hospital on suspicion they have been infected with the virus.

So far, 150 people have been infected in the kingdom since September 2012.

#ANS2014

#al-kharji, #ap, #riyadh, #sars, #saudi-arabia

` Saudi Arabian court sentences 3 men to death and jails 2 others for 17 years for involvement in 2003 bombings’

#AceWorldNews says that a Saudi Arabian court has sentenced three men to death and jailed two others for up to 17 years for their part in militant attacks, state news agency SPA reported.

In the 2003 attack, suspected Al-Qaeda suicide bombers blew up their explosives-laden car in a Riyadh compound housing mostly Arab foreigners, killing 11 people and wounding 122, Reuters said.

Saudi Arabia faced a militant insurgency from 2003 to 2006, and the kingdom responded by arresting thousands of suspected militants and launching a media campaign to discredit their ideology.

#ANS2014

#al-qaeda, #reuters, #riyadh, #saudi-arabia, #saudi-arabian, #spa, #state-news-agency

#Saudi Arabia : “MERS Annonuces `Coronavirus’ Claims more Deaths”

#AceNewsServices says `Saudi Toll Rises to 59 After New MERS Death’

Ace News Desk  A new MERS death was announced in Saudi Arabia Wednesday, which brings to 59 the number of people who have died from the coronavirus in the country. The Saudi national, aged 60, who had suffered from a chronic form of the disease, died in hospital in the Riyadh region, AFP reported, citing a Health Ministry statement. The ministry has registered additional cases of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, bringing the total number to 143, including the fatalities.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acenewsservices, #coronavirus, #death, #mers, #middle-east, #middle-east-respiratory-syndrome, #mortgage-electronic-registration-systems, #riyadh, #saudi, #saudi-arabia