‘ CNN Pulls Correspondent Covering Israeli-Palestinian Conflict After Tweet That Israeli’s Are Scum ‘

#AceWorldNews – UNITED STATES – July 18 – CNN has pulled correspondent Diana Magnay out of her post covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict after the reporter tweeted that Israelis cheering bombs hitting Gaza, and who had allegedly threatened her, were “scum.”

cnn-reporter-scum-israel.si

Diana Magnay (Image from twitter.com/dimagnayCNN)

Magnay was “threatened and harassed” before and  during her report, a CNN spokeswoman told The Huffington Post, leading to the reporter’s reaction on Twitter.

“She deeply regrets the language used, which was aimed directly at those who had been targeting our crew,” the spokeswoman added“She certainly meant no offense to anyone beyond that group, and she and CNN apologize for any offense that may have been taken.”

Israelis could be heard cheering missiles  heading for Gaza on Thursday during a live Magnay report from a hill overlooking the Israel-Gaza border.

“I think you can probably see there are lots of Israelis gathered around who are cheering when they see these kinds of Israeli strikes,” Magnay said during the report.

Following the shot, Magnay tweeted, “Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #gaza; threaten to ‘destroy our car if I say a word wrong’. Scum.”

The reporter eventually deleted the tweet, but not before it had been retweeted more than 200 times.

The CNN spokeswoman said Magnay has been assigned to Moscow.

Magnay’s removal comes a day after NBC News sent its reporter on the conflict, Ayman Mohyeldin, out of Gaza.

#ANS2014  

#ayman-mohyeldin, #cnn, #diana-magnay, #israel, #israelis, #magnay, #sderot, #twitter

‘ Benjamin Netanyahu and Moshe Ya’alon Order IDF to Launch Ground Incursion ‘

#AceBreakingNewsGAZA CITY – July 17 – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon ordered the Israel Defence Forces to launch a ground incursion in the Gaza Strip Thursday night, in order to “damage the underground tunnel terrors constructed in Gaza leading into Israeli territory.”

LIVE UPDATES

11:27 P.M. Foreign journalists in Gaza report that the IDF has told them to remain in their hotels for the duration (Haaretz)

11:16 P.M. Hamas makes an official statement: The ground operation in the Gaza Strip is a drastic, dangerous step, and the occupation will pay a heavy price for it. (Jack Khoury)

11:11 P.M. IDF reports that rocket fired from Syria at Israel landed in Syrian territory.

11:00 P.M. Rocket sirens sound in Sderot. (Haaretz)

10:56 P.M. Palestinian reports indicate that the death toll in Gaza has risen to 240. Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry attacked Hamas, and blamed the organization for utilizing the current crisis to improve its standing after a drop in its standing with the Palestinians. According to Shoukry, those who opposed the Egyptian cease-fire proposal are responsible for the Palestinian blood being spilled right now. (Jack Khoury)

10:48 P.M. Rocket sirens sound in the Golan Heights (Haaretz)

10:45 P.M. The Prime Minister’s Office released a statement on the current ground incursion in the Gaza Strip:

“The prime minister and the defense minister have ordered the IDF to begin a ground operation in order to damage the underground tunnel terrors constructed in Gaza leading into Israeli territory.

#ANS2014 

#benjamin-netanyahu, #defence-minister-moshe-ya, #gaza, #gaza-strip, #golan-heights, #hamas, #israel, #israel-defense-force, #prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu, #sderot