#AceNewsReport – Apr.06: Enquiries have since established that the woman had been walking home along the public footpath at the rear of Brindale Road in the direction of Brinnington Road.
‘Officers were called at around 5.40am on Tuesday 23 March 2021 to a report that a woman had been sexually assaulted in the wooded area off Welkin Road, Bredbury & an investigation has been launched following a report of a sexual assault in Stockport’
The woman was then approached and sexually assaulted by two males near to the tunnels under the M60.
The two males subsequently fled the scene.
Both men are described as being dressed all in black and wearing balaclavas. One male was described as being white and approximately six foot tall and slim. The second male was described as being a white male, six foot tall, of a larger body size, and wearing a waterproof coat and leather gloves.
No arrests have been made but extensive enquiries are ongoing.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to come forward and speak with police.
Detective Constable Paul Garner of GMP’s Stockport district, said: “This was a shocking and terrible ordeal and we are working closely with the victim to ensure that she is receiving all the necessary specialist care and support that she needs: “ Our investigation is in its early stages but we would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area at the time and witnessed two males around the Brinnington Road area of Stockport: “ We understand the concern and worry events such as this can cause for the community and I want to ensure the public that we are doing all that we can to ensure those responsible are identified. I ask that anyone with concerns or information to get in touch with police. ”
Anyone with information or concerns is asked to call police on 0161 856 9923 quoting log 410 of 23/02/2021. Alternatively, details can be passed on anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Sexual assault is an horrific act and is inflicted on nearly 240,000 American’s each year.
That means that every 2 minutes someone, somewhere, in the United States is either raped or has suffered inappropriate sexual contact.
Would it surprise you to know that many of these attacks are not on women but on men? Would it surprise you further to know that many of the men assaulted are done so right in our own military?
According to RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) 2.78 million U.S. men have been victimized in a sexual way or raped. In 2003 alone 1 in 10 victims of rape were men.
Male sexual assault is much more prevalent than many of us would have imagined. But, it is something that many men are reluctant or even refuse to discuses, especially our military troops because many are afraid to be seen as weak, gay or victims. This stigma very often prevents them from reaching out for help or even reporting the incident.
“Though survey results released by the Pentagon last week suggest the number of sexual assaults in the military has decreased, a new mater-of-fact way of asking questions has revealed far higher rates of penetrative sexual assault – such as rape and sodomy – than in previous years,” stated Stars and Stripes.
The new questioning technique revealed a rise in males willing to admit to sexual assault. The statistic grew from 11 percent to 35 percent experiencing unwanted sexual contact.
In its latest report on sexual assault, the Pentagon estimated that 26,000 service members experienced unwanted sexual contact in 2012, up from 19,000 in 2010. Of those cases, the Pentagon says, 53 percent involved attacks on men, mostly by other men.
In the 2014 Army report, for example, there were 2,113 troops who filed ‘unrestricted reports of sexual assaults.’ Of those 27 percent were male assaults.
The Marine Corps have also been trying to increase understanding of male sexual assault and encouraging men to come forward and break the barriers holding them back, according to Col. Scott Jensen, head of the Marine Corps’ Sexual Assault Prevention and Response branch.
“Of the 844 official reports of sexual assault in the Marine Corps in 2014, 21 percent of victims were male, 74 percent were female and 5 percent did not self-identify in the report,” according to Stars and Stripes.
Getting the troops to come forward and talk about male sexual assault isn’t easy. But in order to raise awareness, Greg Nelson, did just that.
Nelson joined the Marines in 2007. On his 21st birthday and he decided to go out partying with his friends and got really drunk.
A man at the party offered to allow Nelson to ‘crash’ at his place and, at the urging of his friends, accepted the man’s invitation.
All Nelson remembers is getting sick “and being offered water that seemed to have white specks in it,” reports The Associated Press. “He said the man then offered him another glass of water and a pill that was supposedly Motrin.”
Things went a bit hazy after that. According to Nelson, he just blacked out and when he awoke felt as if he were ‘in a vegetative state’. Whatever Nelson had taken had apparently rendered him unable to move. Horrifyingly, a helpless Nelson was sexually assaulted by the very man who was supposedly helping him. Nelson blacked out for a second time.
Corporal Nelson left the Marine Corps in 2011.
It has been over the last year that the Military have increased their efforts to reach male victims of sexual assault and encouraging them to receive treatment. It would then be possible for the perpetrators to be gone after and brought to justice.
The question has been asked if society is ready to ‘talk’ about male sexual assault in the military. After all, they are big, strong soldiers so how can they be victims? Will it change how society views them? How could this happen to them?
“While people may question how a burly infantry officer or Marine could be assaulted, often he is drunk, passed out or asleep.” Just as women can be rendered unconscious or immobilized, so can men.
Is society ready to ‘talk’ about it?
I pose the question, How could we not?
As with sexual assault on women, the abuse on men is rarely about sex but about power and control. It has very little, if anything, to do with homosexual behavior.
“In May, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered the military services to increase their efforts to encourage men to report assaults,” according to The Associated Press. “The services already had started putting together training materials aimed at male victims. Videos included scenarios of troops drinking and discussions about when to intervene and what to do if a perpetrator is of higher rank.”
#AceWorldNews – BOSTON (Reuters) – The University of Connecticut on Friday said it had reached a $1.2 million deal to settle a 2013 lawsuit filed by five current and former students charging that the school had mishandled claims of sexual assault and harassment.
The five women who brought the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Connecticut said university officials had not seriously investigated claims that they had been sexually assaulted on campus.
“This lawsuit may have been settled, but the issue of sexual assault on college campuses has not been,” UConn President Susan Herbst said in a statement posted online. “UConn, like all colleges and universities, must do all it can to prevent sexual violence on our campuses, hold perpetrators accountable, and provide victims with the resources and compassion they desperately need.”
The lawyer representing the women did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The deal comes at a time of intense scrutiny over how U.S. colleges and universities handle sex crimes. The White House in April declared an “epidemic” of sex assaults on campus.
The University of Connecticut is among 55 U.S. schools facing lawsuits that contend their policies aimed at preventing such attacks may be inadequate and a violation of Title IX, a 1972 U.S. law that prohibits gender discrimination at schools that receive federal funds.
#AceWorldNews – CAIRO – March 26 – The Egyptian authorities have resorted to unprecedented measures to counter sexual assault in the country’s resorts. Egypt started revoking licenses from hotels after several cases of assault of tourists had been reported.
Egypt’s Tourism Minister Hisham Zaazou said that such hotels Sharm Holiday and Hilton Sparks Bay2 have already been blacklisted.
The minister said that two incidents with British tourists took place in these hotels, and the administration failed to take appropriate measures.
Numerous cases of sexual assault in Egyptian hotels are registered annually, and sometimes harassment is accompanied by violence and beating.
Zaazou said the Tourism Ministry intends to react to all cases of indecent behaviour toward foreign guests. The measures may range from large fines to revoking hotel’s licenses.
The situation with tourists’ security has deteriorated since 2011 Egyptian revolution. The number of rapes and sexual harassment of tourists and local women has sharply increased.
Though such crimes are punishable by long prison terms and even death in Egypt, many hotel workers and taxi drivers commit assaults.