#AceNewsServices – Resolution ‘On the Independence of Crimea’ (DOCUMENT)
Crimea’s parliament has approved the resolution on the independence of Crimea which declares the Black Sea peninsula an independent, sovereign state and appeals to join Russia as a republic, with 85 MPs voting in favor.
The resolution was approved during an extraordinary session of the Supreme Council of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on Monday.
TEXT OF THE DOCUMENT
The document states that the Supreme Council of Crimea, acting upon the will of its people directly expressed through the referendum vote on March 16, 2014, whose outcome has indicated that the people’s of Crimea are in favour of joining Russia, in favour of seceding from Ukraine and in favor of establishing an independent state, as well as acting on the Declaration of Independence of the Republic of Crimea adopted at the urgent plenary session of the Supreme Council of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on March 11, 2014 and at the urgent plenary session of the Sevastopol City Council on March 11, 2014, has ruled the following:
- Crimea as of now is announced to be an independent sovereign state the Republic of Crimea, and the city of Sevastopol will have a special status within it.
The Republic of Crimea intends to build and maintain friendly relations with other nations based on the principles of equality, peace, cooperation and other universally accepted principles of political, economic and cultural cooperation between nations.
The Republic of Crimea is requesting the United Nations and all sovereign states of the world to recognize the independent sovereign state established by the people’s of Crimea.
A woman casts her ballot during the referendum on the status of Ukraine’s
Crimea region at a polling station in Simferopol
March 16, 2014.(Reuters / Vasily Fedosenko)
2. From the day on which this resolution comes in force, no laws of Ukraine will be applicable or valid on the territory of the Republic of Crimea, and no orders or instructions of the Supreme Council of Ukraine or other bodies of authority of Ukraine issued later than February 21, 2014 will be acted upon.
All laws and regulations of Ukraine, with exception of those mentioned in the first paragraph of this clause, remain applicable and valid on the territory of the Republic of Crimea until relevant laws and regulations are issued by the Republic of Crimea.
- All activity of any bodies of authority of Ukraine is now terminated, and all the relevant authority, property and funds of these bodies of authority will be taken over by the bodies of authority of the Republic of Crimea designated by the Government of the Republic of Crimea.
- With the aim of protecting the citizens and economic entities, the courts of Ukraine shall continue their operation on the territory of the Republic of Crimea, and all their rulings pertaining to the applicability of the laws and regulations of Ukraine on the territory of Crimea must not contradict this resolution.
The highest judicial agencies on the territory of Crimea will be the relevant courts of appeal located on the territory of the Republic of Crimea and on the territory of the special status city of Sevastopol.
State property of Ukraine situated on the territory of the Republic of Crimea as of the date this resolution is adopted as of now is the state property of the Republic of Crimea.
- All agencies, businesses and other organizations established by Ukraine or with its participation on the territory of Crimea as of now belong to the Republic of Crimea.
Pro-Russian Crimeans celebrate in Sevastopol on March 16, 2014 after partial showed that about 95.5 percent of voters in Ukraine’s Crimea region supported union with Russia.(AFP Photo / Viktor Drachev)
7. The property of the Ukrainian trade unions and other non-governmental organizations situated on the territory of the Republic of Crimea as of the date this resolution is adopted as of now belongs to the local Crimean subdivisions of the said organizations, and in the absence of such becomes the state property of the Republic of Crimea.
This resolution enters into force on the day of its adoption.
- The Supreme Council of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea on behalf of the Republic of Crimea requests the Russian Federation to accept the Republic of Crimea as a new constituent entity of the Russian Federation with a status of a republic.
Courtesy of RT