SINAI: ‘ Family of five killed in their home by militants shelling ‘

#AceNewsReport – SINAI:Aug.04: Militants in northern Sinai have shelled a house near a security checkpoint, killing an entire family of five, AP reported, citing security officials.

Nine of their neighbors were wounded. The attack on Tuesday morning happened in the restive town of Sheikh Zuweid in the Sinai Peninsula.
The security checkpoint appeared to be the intended target. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

Ace Worldwide News

#northern-sinai, #security-checkpoint, #security-officials, #sinai-peninsula

EGYPT: ‘ Egyptians including Soldiers Killed in Islamic Attack on Sinai Checkpoints ‘

#AceNewsReport – EGYPT:July.01: At least 50 Egyptians, including soldiers, were killed after an Islamic State affiliate launched simultaneous attacks on army checkpoints in the Sinai Peninsula, officials said. It comes two days after Egypt’s top prosecutor was assassinated.

The identities of those killed were not immediately clear, Reuters reported. Sources earlier said there were soldiers among the dead. The army also said that troops have been killed.

The assaults took place just south of the town of Sheikh Zuweid and targeted at least six military checkpoints, officials told AP. Two of the checkpoints were completely destroyed.

The militants took soldiers captive and seized weapons and several armored vehicles, the officials added, stating that the attackers used mortars, rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles.

Meanwhile, Egypt’s military spokesman, Brig. Gen. Mohammed Samir, put the number of killed soldiers at 10, and said that fighting was still under way between armed forces and militants.

Samir’s statement, posted on his official Facebook page, said that about 70 militants attacked five checkpoints in northern Sinai, and that Egyptian troops killed 22 of them. He said soldiers destroyed three all-terrain vehicles fitted with anti-aircraft guns.

@AceNewsServices

Ace Worldwide News

#egypt, #egyptians, #islamic-state-affiliate, #military-checkpoints, #sinai-peninsula, #soldiers

CAIRO: ‘ Islamic State Claim responsibility for Karnak Temple Suicide Bomb Attack ‘

#AceNewsReport#Breaking Post Update:CAIRO:June.10: The Islamic State (ISIL) militant group on Wednesday claimed responsibility for a suicide attack at the Temple of Karnak in the historic Egyptian city of Luxor, CoptsToday news website reported.

Islamic State Claim Responsibility for Karnak Attack '
Islamic State Claim Responsibility for Karnak Attack ‘

The website cited a Twitter post believed to belong to Islamic State senior member Said Abu Obeida, who states the assault on the Karnak temple was organized by ISIL militants.

The temple is one of Egypt’s most famous historic sites and second in popularity only to the Giza pyramids. It attracts millions of tourists every year.

Egyptian police said earlier in the day that three suicide bombers attempted to fight their way past the checkpoint at the entrance to the ancient shrine after security officers attempted to screen them.

One of the attackers was shot dead and another wounded, while a third detonated a bomb killing himself and injuring four bystanders. Security forces are checking if the trio had other accomplices, Egyptian media said.

Jihadist militants have killed hundreds of security employees and servicemen in Egypt since the 2013 coup deposed the country’s President Mohamed Morsi, a member of the Muslim Brotherhood Islamist organization.

@acenewsservices

#cairo, #egypt, #giza-necropolis, #islamic-state, #islamism, #mena, #mohamed-morsi, #muslim-brotherhood, #sinai-peninsula

` Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis Has Been Designated as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation by US ‘

#AceNewsServices – CAIRO – May 11 – Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis (ABM) has now been designated as a foreign terrorist organization (FTO) by the US State Department on Wednesday according to a press release.

Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis
The group has attempted various terrorists attacks and assassinations in Egypt, such as against Egyptian Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim and the head of the his technical office. ABM also claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing targeting the South Sinai Security Directorate with a death toll three and at least 45 injured.
In a first reaction, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry welcomed the decision. Spokesperson Badr Abdel Aaty said this move comes within the recent framework of positive communication and intensive sustained efforts by foreign and Egyptian embassies, according to Al-Masry Al-Youm.
Abdel Aaty told Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper that the Foreign Ministry has communicated with both the United States, United Kingdom and other countries to give a clear vision about the severity of international terrorism and how it threatens Egypt and the whole world and needs speedy movements to combat these groups and dry up their funding sources.
“ABM attacked a military helicopter in a missile attack five soldiers on board, and claimed responsibility for four attacks involving car bombs and hand grenades in Cairo, which left six people dead and over 70 wounded, many of them civilian bystanders. The group claimed responsibility for the bombing of a tour bus in the Sinai Peninsula too, killing the Egyptian driver and three South Korean tourists in February 2014,” the statement reads.
The statement also noted that claimed that the group declared responsibility for a rocket attack In August 2012 on the southern Israeli city of Eilat, and in September 2012 they have attacked an Israeli border patrol, killing one soldier and injuring another.
The press release read that the consequences of the designation include a prohibition against knowingly providing, or attempting or conspiring to provide, material support or resources to, or engaging in transactions with this organization, and the freezing of all property and interests in property of the organization that is in the United States, or come within the United States or the control of US persons.
http://tinyurl.com/mbk2qhx

http://tinyurl.com/mbk2qhx

#ANS2014

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #al-masry-al-youm, #asharq-al-awsat, #cairo, #egypt, #sinai-peninsula, #terrorism, #united-states, #united-states-department-of-state

` Egypt Prosecutor To Try Two Hundred Alleged Members Of Al-Qaeda Group ‘

 

#AceWorldNews – CAIRO – May 10 – Egypt’s prosecutor said Saturday that 200 alleged members of Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, an Al-Qaeda inspired militant group active in the Sinai Peninsula, would be tried for “terrorism” because of a number of deadly attacks launched against security forces.

Ansar Beit al-Maqdis has carried out some of the bloodiest attacks against Egypt’s security forces since Morsi’s overthrow last July.

This will be the first mass trial of jihadists since Egypt’s military ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.

Tweet #ANS2014 

REUTERS

Enhanced by Zemanta

#ans2014, #al-qaeda, #ansar-beit-al-maqdis, #cairo, #egypt, #islamism, #july, #mohamed-morsi, #reuters, #sinai-peninsula

` Egyptian Soldier is Killed whilst Driving a Bus when his Vehicle was Attacked by Militants in Sinai Peninsula ‘

#AceWorldNews – EGYPT – March 30 – An Egyptian soldier, driving a bus of police officers, was killed Sunday when the vehicle was attacked by militants in the town of Al-Arish in the Sinai Peninsula, according to Reuters citing a source in the army.

Three of the policemen who were inside the bus were wounded in the attack, for which no one has yet claimed responsibility.

Egypt’s Foreign Ministry says there’s been a surge of violence by the Sinai-based militants since the army ousted Islamist President Mohamed Morsi in July 2013.

#ANS2014

#al-arish, #egypt, #egypts, #egyptian, #islamist, #militants, #president-mohamed-morsi, #sinai-peninsula

#AceNewsDesk : ” World News – Headlines – Good Morning – 26 January 2014″

Ace News Group

ISRAEL – EGYPT – SINAI – IRAN – TEHRAN – AFGHANISTAN – TALIBAN – KABUL – PALESTINE – CAIRO – US – UK – FRANCE – GERMANY 

REUTERS – AP – AFP – RT – CAIRO-NEWS  

10:01

​Israeli woman jailed for espionage released after 26 months

Former Israeli soldier, Anat Kam, went free after serving 26 months of a four-and-a-half year prison sentence. She was convicted of spying and leaking classified military documents to the media in October 2011. In move to expose the army’s policies in the occupied Palestinian territories she leaked information to the Haaretz newspaper that troops were ordered to carry out targeted killings of Palestinian militants in violation of a Supreme Court order.

Fighting in Egypt09:43

​At least 49 killed in clashes during anniversary of Egypt revolution

The death toll from clashes during protests, dedicated to the third anniversary of the Egyptian military coup on Saturday, rose to nearly 50, a health ministry official said on Sunday. Over 245 people were wounded in Cairo and several other provinces, according to the ministry. The fighting erupted between protesters, who opposed the military-backed government, and thousands, who supported army chief, General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who overthrew Egypt’s first democratically elected President Mohammed Morsi in July.

09:33

​4 Egypt soldiers killed in attack on bus in Sinai

Four soldiers were killed and 13 wounded as gunmen attacked a military bus in the Egyptian part of the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday, an army spokesperson said. The attack comes a day after a military helicopter crash in northern Sinai. The militant group, Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis, claimed responsibility for the strike.

04:53

Iran says nuclear talks will resume in February

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Saturday that talks with the six world powers on reaching a long-term deal on Tehran’s nuclear program will resume the next month. A six-month agreement with the United States, Britain, Russia, France, and Germany – the P5+1 – was struck in November and took effect on Monday. The deal requires that Tehran curb its nuclear activities for six months in exchange for some sanctions relief while both sides attempt to reach a comprehensive agreement.

03:30

Taliban suicide attack on army bus kills 3 in Afghanistan

Two Afghan soldiers and a civilian woman were killed in a suicide bombing on an army bus in Kabul, TOLO News reported. Nine others were wounded in the attack, most of them members of the Afghan National Army. The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the blast.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

#acenewsdesk, #afghan-national-army, #cairo, #egypt, #egyptian-armed-forces, #mohamed-morsi, #mohammad-javad-zarif, #saturday, #sinai-peninsula, #united-states