#AceNewsReport – Oct.16: This additional funding brings the total U.S. humanitarian assistance for Central America and Mexico to more than $331 million for Fiscal Year 2021.
#AceDailyNews reports that the State Dept has announced ‘New Humanitarian Aid in Central America and Mexico’ This additional funding will support increased access to international protection, access to mental health and psychosocial support, legal assistance, shelter, and healthcare, including prevention and treatment of COVID-19. Through its international organization partners, PRM funding also supports protection capacity building for governments in the region.
Through this new humanitarian assistance, the United States is advancing our mission to collaboratively manage migration in the region, including by promoting access to protection and increasing the U.S. response to urgent humanitarian needs in Central America and Mexico. This is part of the Administration’s comprehensive approach to supporting safe, orderly, and humane migration while also addressing the root causes of irregular migration in the region.
The United States is the largest single donor of humanitarian aid in Central America and Mexico and to asylum seekers, refugees, and vulnerable migrants in the region. We remain concerned about the continuing increase in humanitarian needs and forced displacement in the region, and we urge other donors to contribute to the international response and provide the support needed to save lives.
#AceNewsReport – Sept.16: As part of our commitment to the people of Afghanistan, the United States is providing nearly $64 million in new humanitarian assistance to the people affected by the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. This brings total U.S. humanitarian aid in Afghanistan and for Afghan refugees in the region to nearly $4 billion since 2002.
#AceDailyNews reports that the United States has announced additional humanitarian assistance for the people of Afghanistan but this has led to denial of care to Americans: “a hospital near the Dulles Expo Center that federal officials designated as a go-to spot for medical treatment began running out of available beds, forcing the hospital to turn away non-Afghan patients who weren’t in need of critical care, said Nickerson, who also directs the Northern Virginia Hospital Alliance and declined to name the hospital.”
STATE DEPT: This assistance from the United States will flow through independent humanitarian organizations, including the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the World Health Organization (WHO), and provide support directly to the more than 18.4 million vulnerable Afghans in the region including Afghan refugees. This funding will allow our partners to provide lifesaving protection, shelter, livelihoods support, essential health care, emergency food aid, water, sanitation, and hygiene services to respond to the needs generated by recent conflict and compounded by the severe drought and other natural disasters, and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic….
The Washington Postreported Tuesday that “[t]he mass arrival of Afghan evacuees last month, many in need of medical care, wreaked havoc on Northern Virginia’s hospital system — prompting a regional emergency response group to assume oversight after one hospital became overwhelmed with patients and federal officials lost track of where some Afghans were hospitalized, officials said.”
Kristin Nickerson, executive director of the Northern Virginia Emergency Response System, said: “Our hospitals are already almost at capacity. It’s not like they have tons of free beds available. We are still in the middle of a pandemic.” Oh yeah, that’s right, that pandemic for which Biden’s handlers are mandating vaccinations, except for migrants crossing the Southern border. Will the Afghan evacuees have to get the vaccine while they’re in hospitals for their free taxpayer-funded health care? The Post didn’t deign to say…..
#AceNewsReport – Aug.22: But now with the fall of the US coalition and collapse of the propped-up government Khalil Haqqani is out in the open meeting with officials across Afghanistan and was even seen out talking to locals in the street.
#AceDailyNews says with $5 Million US Bounty on His Head Khalil Haqqani Holds Meetings with Top Taliban Officials in Afghanistan, Walks the Streets Freely Speaking to Locals in Latest Affront to Biden Regime — The Gateway Pundit
August 16, 2021
The State Department declared Haqqani a terrorist back in 2011.
This is the latest US humiliation thanks to the Biden regime.
Khalil Haqqani met with Taliban leaders in Kabul this week.
Khalil Haqqani met with Gulbuddin Hekmatyar who is the founder and current leader of the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin political party
Khalil Haqqani is even traveling the country giving talks to local leaders. Here he is at a meeting in Kabul.
TB sources claim that some lawmakers from Paktia, Paktika and Khost and some Shi’ite leaders and some members of other councils across the country pledged allegiance to TB in the presence of Khalil Haqqani during a meeting in Kabul. #Afghanistan
#AceNewsReport – Aug.05: Indonesia is the largest country and economy in the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), a bloc Washington sees as key to its efforts to stand up to China’s growing influence in Asia….
Meeting in Washington, Mr Blinken and Indonesian Foreign Minster Retno Marsudi also committed to work together against #COVID19 and the climate crisis and to boost bilateral trade and economic ties, the State Department said.
The two sides agreed to establish a “strategic partnership” in 2015, but Mr Blinken told reporters while standing alongside Ms Marsudi that the dialogue was only now actually being initiated.
“Indonesia is a strong democratic partner to the United States; we are working together on so many different fronts,” he said, adding that Washington appreciated Jakarta’s strong voice within ASEAN.
Ms Marsudi told Mr Blinken a strong partnership with Indonesia would be “a key asset for your increasing engagement in the region.”
She said the United States was one of the important partners for ASEAN in implementing its Indo-Pacific outlook.
“It is my hope, and the Indonesian government’s, to advance the bilateral relationship with the US, from health to SDGs, from education to economy, and beyond,” she said, using the acronym for sustainable development goals.
Ms Marsudi and Mr Blinken also “expressed shared views on maritime security” and committed to “defending freedom of navigation in the South China Sea, and continuing collaboration in cybersecurity and preventing cybercrime,” the statement said.
The talks came before Mr Blinken was to participate in a virtual meeting with ASEAN, several members of which have competing claims in the South China Sea to those of China.
Beijing sees nearly all the strategic waterways as its own and has built up its forces there.
Mr Blinken is joining a week of meetings with regional counterparts, part of a US effort to show it is serious about engaging with Southeast Asia to push back against China.
India and Germany send warships to region……Meanwhile, India is sending a task force of four warships into the South China Sea on a two-month deployment……..India’s defence ministry said on Monday, the deployment of the Indian Navy ships intends to ensure good order in the maritime domain and “strengthen existing bonds between India and countries of the Indo Pacific.”…..
During the deployment in the Indo Pacific, the ships are scheduled to participate in bilateral exercises with the Vietnamese Peoples’ Navy, Republic of Philippines Navy, Republic of Singapore Navy (SIMBEX), Indonesian Navy (Samudra Shakti) and Royal Australian Navy (AUS-INDEX).
On Monday, Germany also sent a warship to the South China Sea for the first time in almost two decades, joining other Western nations in expanding its military presence in the region.
China claims swathes of the South China Sea and has established military outposts on artificial islands in the waters that contain gas fields and rich fishing.
The US Navy, in a show of force against the Chinese territorial claims, regularly conducts so-called “freedom of navigation” operations in which their vessels pass close by some of the contested islands.
China in turn objects to the US missions, saying they do not help promote peace or stability.
Washington has put countering China at the heart of its national security policy and seeks to rally partners against what it says are Beijing’s increasingly coercive economic and foreign policies.
Officials in Berlin have said the German navy will stick to common trade routes. The frigate is not expected to sail through the Taiwan Strait either, another regular US activity condemned by Beijing.
Nevertheless, Berlin has made it clear the mission serves to stress the fact Germany does not accept China’s territorial claims.
Ace News Services/ABC with wires/State Dept/ Forbes/
#AceNewsReport – Aug.01: The Secretary of State stressed that the United States “regrets the actions of the Russian government,” but will try to “maintain a predictable and stable relationship.”
#AceDailyNews State Dept of The United States will dismiss more than 180 employees of diplomatic missions in Russia Anthony Blinken stated ……
As Blinken explained, the layoffs will affect branches in Moscow, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok.
The Russian government in May recognized the United States as a country committing “unfriendly actions” towards Russia. Such countries are prohibited from hiring Russian employees to work in their diplomatic missions. In addition to the United States, the Czech Republic was also named an “unfriendly” country.
US Ambassador to Russia Joe Sullivan said that from August 1, when the ban on Russians working in consulates begins to operate, the United States will completely stop providing consular services in the Russian Federation due to the reduction in the number of employees.
#AceNewsReport – Jun.29: As a result of this designation, U.S. persons are generally prohibited from engaging in any transactions with Djibo. His property and interests in property subject to U.S. jurisdiction are blocked.
#AceDailyNews reports State Department Terrorist Designation of #IslamicState (ISIS-GS LEADER) Ousmane Illiassou Djibo and as a result his result his property and interests in property are subject to U.S jurisdiction are blocked
Ousmane Illiassou Djibo, a native Nigerien, is an Islamic State of Iraq and Syria in the Greater Sahara (ISIS-GS) leader operating in the Menaka Region of Mali. Djibo is a close collaborator and key lieutenant of ISIS-GS leader, Adnan Abu Walid al-Sahrawi. Djibo directed subordinate ISIS-GS members to develop a network to kidnap or attack westerners in Niger and surrounding areas. Djibo has also taken part in numerous assaults on local forces. He led ISIS-GS fighters in the July 1, 2019 attack on the Nigerien Armed Forces (FAN) base in Inates, Tillaberi Region, Niger, and also provided the order for ISIS-GS fighters to take six Nigerien soldiers hostage during an ambush on Nigerien soldiers near Tongo Tongo on May 14, 2019:
ISIS-GS, which was designated as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and SDGT in May 2018, continues to threaten the peace, security, and stability of Mali, Niger, and Burkina Faso. ISIS-GS emerged when Adnan Abu Walid al-Sahrawi and his followers split from Al-Mourabitoun, an al-Qa’ida splinter group and U.S.-designated FTO and SDGT. Al-Sahrawi first pledged allegiance to ISIS in May 2015, and ISIS acknowledged the pledge in October 2016.
Today’s designation notifies the U.S. public and the international community that Ousmane Illiassou Djibo is a leader of a terrorist organization. Terrorist designations expose and isolate entities and individuals, and limit their access to the U.S. financial system. Moreover, designations can assist the law enforcement activities of U.S. agencies and other governments.
#AceNewsReport – June.15: State dept & Saudi Civil Defense on Sunday said it had received reports of a Houthi drone launched from Yemen towards one of the Asir region’s governorates hit and damaged a school. No injuries were confirmed:
WASHINGTON: State Dept says they condemn in the strongest terms yesterday’s attacks on the al Shifaa Hospital in Afrin, Syria. This barbaric attack took the lives of children, medical staff, and first responders. Civilians and civilian infrastructure, including hospitals, must never be the target of military action. Additionally, we note that this hospital’s coordinates have been shared with the UN deconfliction mechanism for Syria. This attack is part of a recent escalation of violence in northwest Syria and must end. The United States calls for an immediate nation-wide ceasefire and a de-escalation of violence in Syria.
June 13, 2021 19:54:
Local Media: Attack on Hospital in Afrin, Syria
The UAE foreign ministry denounced the attack and said the continuation of these crimes reflects the militia’s disregard for all international laws and norms, Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported. Bahrain has also expressed its full support for the Kingdom and all the measures it takes to confront the Houthis’ criminal acts, Bahrain News Agency said.
Meanwhile, the Arab Parliament called on the international community to intervene immediately to stop these systematic violations that aim to destabilize the security and stability in the region, SPA said. Dr. Yousef bin Ahmed Al-Othaimeen, the Secretary-General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, said the organization condemns the crimes committed by the militia and those behind it and providing it with money and weapons by targeting innocent civilians.
#AceNewsReport – Mar.24: The U.S. government has exercised its authorities to send a clear signal that Russia’s use of chemical weapons and abuse of human rights have severe consequences. Any use of chemical weapons is unacceptable and contravenes international norms:
Imposing Sanctions on Russia for the Poisoning and Imprisonment of Aleksey Navalny: ‘Whitehouse said they share the EU’s concerns regarding Russia’s deepening authoritarianism and welcome the EU’s determination to impose sanctions on Russia under its new global human rights authorities’
The United States has consistently characterized the legal offensive against Mr. Navalny as politically motivated, an assessment shared by our G7 partners and the European Court of Human Rights. We reiterate our call for the Russian government to immediately and unconditionally release Mr. Navalny.
In today’s actions, the Department of State, under the U.S. Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991, will expand existing sanctions first imposed on Russia after its 2018 chemical weapon attack against Sergei Skripal in the United Kingdom, three years ago this week. The Department of State has also implemented measures under Executive Order (E.O.) 13382, which targets weapons of mass destruction proliferators, as well as the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA) against multiple Russian individuals and entities associated with the Russian Federation’s chemical weapons program and defense and intelligence sectors. In addition, the Department will amend Section 126.1 of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations to include Russia in the list of countries subject to a policy of denial for exports of defense articles and defense services, with certain exceptions for exports to Russia in support of government space cooperation. Exports in support of commercial space cooperation, however, will be restricted following a six-month transition period.
The Department of the Treasury is designating seven Russian government officials, five of whom were previously designated by the EU and UK for their role in Navalny’s poisoning and two whom the EU designated in response to Mr. Navalny’s arrest and imprisonment. The Department of Commerce is adding 14 entities to the Entity List based on their proliferation activities in support of Russia’s weapons of mass destruction programs and chemical weapons activities.
For more information on today’s action, please see the Department of State’s fact sheet.