#AceWorldNews – COLUMBIA – Dec.04 – The Colombian government and the country’s main rebel group, FARC, have resumed the peace talks suspended last month over the abduction of an army general.
Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC)
Like the previous round, the talks will be held in Cuba in an effort to “de-escalate” the 50-year conflict between the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia and the central government in Bogota, said Norwegian and Cuban mediators on Wednesday.
The officials who are brokering a deal between the opposing sides said the talks would be held from December 10 to 17.
“We consider the crisis over and announce that we have agreed that the next cycle of conversations will take place between December 10 and 17 ,” said a joint statement read by Cuban mediator Jose Luis Ponce.
The announcement followed FARC’s release of General Ruben Alzate along with two other captives on Sunday.