(MINNEAPOLIS) #Coronavirus MDH Report: Health Officials confirm that there were another 101 new #COVID19 deaths setting a new record on Wednesday according to WCCO #AceHealthDesk report

#AceHealthReport – Nov.27: Minnesota health officials on Friday reported that there were 5,704 additional COVID-19 cases and 101 more deaths as of Wednesday. It’s the first time the state has breached 100 in newly reported deaths: The data is as of Wednesday due to observation of the Thanksgiving holiday. The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) will also be releasing Thursday’s and Friday’s data collectively on Saturday: Therefore, newly reported case and death numbers may appear greater than normal on Saturday:

WCCO | CBS Minnesota https://ift.tt/3q1328x

The new data from Wednesday brings the state’s death toll to 3,476, with 2,355 being in long-term care: Sixty-five of the 101 additional deaths involved someone at a long-term care or group home situation:

Minnesota Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm issued a statement following the update, calling it a sad development, but not surprising: ” For weeks we have been sounding the alarm about the dramatic growth in COVID-19 cases. We know that more cases leads to more hospitalizations and deaths, and today’s news reinforces that tragic pattern,” she said: Malcolm says every public activity is now more risky than it was even a few weeks ago, so the best way to slow the spread is to stay home: ” This is painful and frustrating, but every day we get closer to having safe and effective vaccines that should help resolve this crisis. We anxiously await that day, and until then we all must do our part to ensure that all of our loved ones, friends and neighbors can celebrate those days with us,” she said.

#COVID19 Additionl Data:

Total cases in the state is now at 295,001. Nearly 22,000 cases have been found amongst health care workers; 244,982 people who have contracted the virus no longer need to quarantine: The state’s health system continues to strain with more COVID-19 patients being admitted for treatment.

According to MDH data as recent as Nov. 24, there are 387 patients with the virus needing ICU beds and an additional 1,454 patients needing non-ICU beds. That’s a total of 1,812 patients currently needing treatment for the virus in the state. Both ICU and non-ICU bed use for COVID-19 patients continues to reach levels not seen before in the state, and have increased since mid-September. There were about 271 patients being treated for COVID-19 on Sept. 15:

As for testing, over 55,000 tests were completed on Wednesday: A total of 2.4 million people have been tested in the state so far:

#AceNewsDesk report ……………..Published: Nov.27: 2020:

#breaking, #business, #finance, #international, #media, #social, #tech, #world

(NEW YORK) JUST IN: In last two days two people have been pushed onto subway tracks and todays its being reported that another person has been struck by a train according to Fire Dept officials #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Nov.20: A person was struck by a subway train Friday morning: Fire Department officials say it happened around 3:30 a.m. on the tracks at Woodhaven Boulevard in Elmhurst: There were reports the victim was found under the train: There was no immediate word on their condition………..Subway service was affected earlier, but it is now back to normal according to @CBSNewYork

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

On Thursday, a woman survived being shoved onto subway tracks at Union Square station in Manhattan. The train passed over her. The stunning incident was caught on video. A suspect in that case was arrested at the scene:

On Wednesday, a 36-year-old man was beaten and shoved onto the tracks at Bryant Park. An arrest has been made in that case:

#AceNewsDesk report …………..Published: Nov.20: 2020:

#breaking, #business, #finance, #international, #media, #social, #tech, #world

(CHARLESTON, W.Va.) JUST IN: Federal prosecutors accused a West Virginia man on Tuesday of conspiracy against the U.S. government and selling machine gun conversion devices online to followers of a far-right extremist movement according to CBS #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Nov.18: Timothy John Watson, 30, was charged after he was arrested in early September for allegedly running a website claiming to sell wall hangers that authorities said could be actually used to turn semi-automatic AR-15 rifles into fully automatic machine guns: Authorities said the devices were sold to supporters of the anti-government “boogaloo” movement, the code word they use for their talk of a second civil war. Their prominence has grown during the pandemic as many dressed in Hawaiian shirts and camouflage garb, sometimes toting guns, attended protests against government shutdowns: Prosecutors said Watson’s customers include an Air Force sergeant in California accused of shooting and killing a federal security officer and of injuring several security personnel in May and June:

Self-Described ‘Boogaloo Bois’ Member Fired AK-47-Style Weapon Into MPD’s 3rd Precinct During May 28 Unrest

Authorities said Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo had used a homemade AR-15-style rifle in two shootings and wore gear with references to the boogaloo movement: ” The suspect in this case appears to have supplied hundreds of people with these conversion devices, some to people who want to do Americans harm,” U.S. Attorney Bill Powell said in a statement: Watson had pleaded not guilty: A judge has not yet ruled on a request for Watson to be released under house arrest:

His attorney, Shawn McDermott denied in a court filing that Watson belonged to “any so-called Boogaloo movement” and said his client “would reject any ideology that is based upon violence.” He said Watson operated his wall hanger business legally and that his products are not designed to create automatic machine guns any more than a clothes hanger made out of metal:

#AceNewsDesk report …………………Published: Nov.18: 2020:

#breaking, #business, #finance, #international, #media, #social, #tech, #world

(BOSTON, Mass.) JUST IN: Tonight we are in for a treat……….An annual tradition in November unlike any other. . . no not turkey and stuffing, but the Leonid Meteor shower! According to CBS #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Nov.16: Every year around this time, the Earth passes through the dusty trail of debris left by the comet Tempel-Tuttle. The Leonids are one of our most reliable meteor shows every year. As long as skies are clear and you are patient, you will almost certainly catch a few shooting stars! …………..Current predictions are for about 10-15 meteors per hour this year: A few tips on how to best view the Leonids tonight: CBSlocal.Com/

First off, the Leonids stream from the constellation Leo, which unfortunately doesn’t rise above the eastern horizon until well after midnight: So, while you may see a few meteors early tonight, your best shot would be between 2 a.m. and dawn:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Find an area with as little artificial light pollution as possible. Set up the lawn chair, lie back and focus on one section of night sky (preferably facing either northeast or southeast). Dress warmly and be patient! Oh, and don’t blink! The Leonids are one of the fastest moving meteors you will see here on Earth, clocking in at an astounding 44 miles per second!

And a quick note, every 33 years, when the comet makes a return visit, we have the chance at a stunning show with as many as 100 or more meteors per hour: The last such occurrence was back in 1998, we will get another shot in 2031 (so, mark your calendars!)…..

Of course, I’d be remiss if I left you without a forecast for tonight! Skies will be mainly clear for the first half of the night, with some higher clouds streaming in before dawn: Likely not enough to ruin the show for most of you. Temperatures will be chilly, dropping through the 30s overnight with winds out of the west, slowly decreasing by dawn:

#AceNewsDesk report …………..Published: Nov.16: 2020:

#breaking, #business, #finance, #international, #media, #social, #tech, #world

(CAMBRIDGE, USA.) JUST IN: Coronavirus Report – For the second time this month, there’s promising news from a #COVID19 vaccine candidate: Moderna said Monday its shots provide strong protection, with efficacy of 94.5% a dash of hope as cases surge to over 11-million in the U.S. and to 54- million around the world #AceHealthDesk report

#AceHealthReport – Nov.16: The Cambridge-based company said its vaccine appears to be 94.5% effective, according to preliminary data from the company’s still ongoing study. A week ago, competitor Pfizer Inc. announced its own COVID-19 vaccine appeared similarly effective — news that puts both companies on track to seek permission within weeks for emergency use in the U.S:

  • Global Confirmed

    54,506,165

  • Global Deaths

    1,319,098

  • U.S. Confirmed

    11,041,979

  • U.S. Deaths

    246,236

Moderna’s Work on a COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate | Moderna, Inc……. https://www.modernatx.com/modernas-work-potential-vaccine-against-covid-19

Dr. Stephen Hoge, Moderna’s president, welcomed the “really important milestone” but said having similar results from two different companies is what’s most reassuring: ” That should give us all hope that actually a vaccine is going to be able to stop this pandemic and hopefully get us back to our lives,” Hoge told The Associated Press.

” It won’t be Moderna alone that solves this problem: It’s going to require many vaccines” to meet the global demand, he added ”

A vaccine can’t come fast enough, as virus cases topped 11 million in the U.S. over the weekend — 1 million of them recorded in just the past week: The pandemic has killed more than 1.3 million people worldwide, more than 245,000 of them in the U.S: Still, if the Food and Drug Administration allows emergency use of Moderna’s or Pfizer’s candidates, there will be limited, rationed supplies before the end of the year. Both require people to get two shots, several weeks apart

#AceHealthDesk report …………….Published: Nov.16: 2020:

#breaking, #business, #finance, #international, #media, #social, #tech, #world

(QUEENS, NYC.) NYPD REPORT: Police have released name of the suspect in the case of three attempted rapes on Friday according to CBSlocal #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Nov.14: Friday evening, police announced charges against Makijah Lino, 22: Lino is charged with forcible touching, rape and acting in a manner injurious to a child:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

CBS New York: Police say Lino’s stepfather helped catch him.

“ The father taking it upon himself to call the 102 precinct on his stepson really helped us expedite getting this individual off the street sooner than later,” said NYPD Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison:

Harrison says the first attack happened around 10 a.m. Thursday morning: A 20-year-old woman was on her way to work at Jamaica Avenue and 104th Street. That’s when the suspect allegedly came from behind, grabbed her buttocks, picked her up and tried to jog with her: The woman screamed and got away: Next, around 12:30 p.m., police say the suspect targeted a 14-year-old girl who was walking while FaceTiming her friend at 84th Avenue and 118th Street: Our perpetrator came from behind, throwing our victim into the bushes, trying to pick her up and pull down her pants, at which time she screamed and our perpetrator fled off,” Harrison said: The third and final similar attack happened just minutes later, allegedly in the park near Woodhaven Boulevard and Forest Park Drive. That 24-year-old woman also screamed and got away.

Thursday night, police released pictures of the suspect from surveillance video they found: Friday morning Harrison says the 102 precinct got a phone call: Our perpetrator’s stepfather called, saying that he saw his [stepson] on television… that he saw the video that was shared and he threw his stepson out of the house,” Harrison said: Police stepped up patrols near the park, and by 10 a.m. picked him up at Myrtle Avenue and Memorial Drive:

Chief Harrison says when cops found him, the suspect was wearing the same shorts and sneakers he was wearing during the attacks: ” Thursday], in the span of three and half hours, Makijah Lino allegedly attempted to rape two women and sexually assaulted a third woman. Within 24 hours of these purported attacks, Lino was apprehended,” Harrison wrote on Twitter Friday night. “Excellent work by Queens Special Victims and the 102 Precinct for identifying and apprehending Mr. Lino so quickly. Keep up the great work and stay safe!”

#AceNewsDesk report ………………Published: Nov.14: 2020:

#breaking, #business, #finance, #international, #media, #social, #tech, #world