#AceWorldNews – ISRAEL – May 11 – A ministerial committee in Israel has approved proposed legislation aimed at denying amnesty to Palestinians, who have been convicted of killing Israelis.
The bill would enable judges handing down life sentences to convicted killers to declare them ineligible for presidential pardons. The draft project will now head to the parliament.
Israel had initially released 78 prisoners, following a US brokered deal in July 2013, but is still to free a further 26.
Tweet News and Views #ANS2014
- Israel halts peace talks over Palestinian reconciliation deal(rinf.com)
- Steve Lendman – Palestine Under Siege – 11 May 2014(lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian factions prepare to implement reconciliation deal(haaretz.com)
- US aid indirectly helps Hamas, under deal with Palestinian Authority(foxnews.com)
- Fatah Agrees to Release All Hamas Prisoners(israelnationalnews.com)