#AceWorldNews – AFGHANISTAN – Nov.25 – A powerful explosion shook houses in the diplomatic quarter of Kabul on Tuesday, Reuters said.
No casualties were reported in the second such incident in the Afghan capital in a single day.
Police have yet to determine the causes, spokesman Hashmat Stanekzai said.
Earlier on Tuesday, seven Afghan soldiers were wounded when their bus was targeted by a remote-controlled-bomb on the outskirts of the capital, the Defence Ministry said.
#AceNewsServices – RIYADH – Nov.18 – A special criminal court in Riyadh has sentenced to death three members of a terror cell for killing 20 people and injuring 35 others at the Oasis Residential compound in Alkhobar in the Eastern Province, and the Al-Mohayya complex in Riyadh in separate attacks.
Five were each handed 30-year jail terms.
The victims of the terror attacks included BBC photographer Simon Cumbers. His colleague Frank Gardner was critically wounded and is now wheelchair-bound.
There were also Saudi civilians and policemen among the victims.
The first defendant, N. Boqami, chief of Cell 86, said Al-Qaeda had assigned him and others to storm the Oasis complex in 2004.
They had been told that US forces had kidnapped and detained several Sunni Iraqi women during the 2003 invasion.
However, he denied all other 27 charges against him, including storming into a facility of the APICORP and the Oasis compound carrying grenades, assault rifles and revolvers on May 29 and holding 45 hostages.
The state contends that he was accompanied by Al-Qaeda members Turki Al-Motairi and Abdullah Al-Sobaie during the operation.
The charge sheet accused them of killing 10 people of various nationalities including two industrial security officers and a cop. It was also claimed that they were party to the assault and murder of 12 and injuring 20 security officers in an encounter at the Waha compound.
The state also accused Boqami of ascribing to the takfiri ideology — to declare other Muslims non-believers — questioning the Holy Qur’an, Sunnah and the creed of the early Muslim ummah.
Source: Arab News – BBC World News
#AceNewsServices – UKRAINE (Kiev) September 07 /ITAR-TASS/.
As many as 864 Ukrainian servicemen have been killed and another 3,215 wounded since the beginning of the force operation in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions in south-eastern Ukraine, spokesman for Ukraine’s National Security and Defence Council Vladimir Polevoi said on Sunday.
“Overall losses since the beginning of the operation have reached 864 servicemen. As many as 3,215 have been wounded,” he told a briefing.
The force operation in south-eastern Ukraine began in mid-April.
#AceWorldNews says at least two people were killed by a car bomb that hit the Beirut neighbourhood of Bir Hasan during the morning rush hour on Wednesday, local media say.
The explosion occurred in a predominantly Shiite area near the Iranian cultural centre and the Kuwaiti Embassy, according to the Lebanon-based Al-Mayadeen TV.
Six people were reportedly wounded.
#AceWorldNews says Philippines flood death toll rises to 56 as the death toll from flooding in the southern Philippines according to a National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council report.
A further 10 people are reported missing with 83 wounded. More than 180 thousand have been left homeless as a result of two weeks of torrential rains.
This tropical depression dubbed Lingling is the year’s first and has caused floods and landslides on the island of Mindanao.