(CEARA, Brazil.) JUST IN: Far Right V Far Left as police strike over ‘ Tough New Rules over Pay and Conditions ‘ thus creating a ‘ security crisis ‘ in the country thus allowing the Pr esident Jair Bolsonaro to dispatch the army and national guards troops to the north-eastern state

#AceNewsReport – Feb.22: Brazil’s far-right president, Jair Bolsonaro, has dispatched army and national guard troops to the north-eastern state of Ceará in an attempt to quell a brewing security crisis triggered by a police officers’ strike: The decision late on Thursday came after chaotic scenes in which a local senator was shot and wounded after he drove a digger at a picket line manned by masked police officers: “To the people who are committing crimes,” Bolsonaro said, “they have to understand that the men in green are coming, and it’s going to get ugly.”

Brazil sends armed forces to north-east to quell violence from police strike

The Guardian by Sam Cowie Modified on Fri 21 Feb 2020 19.23 GMT
Hooded and masked police officers gather during a second day of police strike in Fortaleza, Ceará, in Brazil.
Hooded and masked police officers gather during a second day of police strike in Fortaleza, Ceará, in Brazil. Photograph: Jarbas Oliveira/EPA

But across the country, observers are nervous that the strike will spread as police organisations feel emboldened by a president who has promised harsh policing policies: An editorial in the Folha de São Paulo newspaper called the Ceará strike “armed blackmail” that should be “contained” before it spilled over to other states……..“We have to separate what are legitimate demands from projects of political power,” said Renato Sérgio de Lima, chief executive officer of the Brazilian Forum of Public Security.

Police in at least six other states are currently negotiating over pay and working conditions: Minas Gerais state recently approved a 41% pay raise for its police even though its public accounts are among the worst in the country: Sérgio de Lima noted that police protests had been most radical in states led by opposition governors. “The governors become hostages,” he said.

In Ceará, the request for troops was made by a leftwing governor, Camilo Santana, after local senator Cid Gomes was shot and wounded when he drove a digger at police picket line in the city of Sobral: Gomes’s politician brother Ciro, who ran against Bolsonaro in 2018’s elections, blamed the president for the shooting. “You think a boy in his 20s would have the courage to shoot a senator if he didn’t think he was in the service of the president?” he said to Folha.

But many Bolsonaro allies described the shooting as self-defence: Throughout his career, Bolsonaro, a former army captain, has defended some of the worst excesses of Brazil’s endemic police violence, and said he hoped that criminals would “die in the streets like cockroaches” under legislation he hopes to enact to protect police who shoot alleged offenders from prosecution.

#AceNewsDesk report …………..Published: Feb.22: 2020:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

(ALMATY, Kazakstan.) JUST IN: Police detained dozens of opposition supporters who staged public protests against the government of the Central Asian nation on Saturday as demonstrations have intensified after Presidents resignation last March #AceNewsDesk reports

#AceNewsReport – Feb.22: Demonstrations have intensified since the resignation of President Nursultan Nazarbayev last March after almost three decades in power: Nazarbayev nominated close ally Kassym-Jomart Tokayev as successor, ensuring his victory in a subsequent snap election:

Kazakhstan detains dozens of anti-government protesters Reuters reports

Tokayev has promised to adopt a more liberal approach towards dissent and ease the restrictions on protests and the creation of political parties. But some opposition activists dismissed the proposed reforms as cosmetic: Protesters who gathered in the capital Nur-Sultan on Saturday held banners that read “Why are people poor in rich Kazakhstan?” and demanded the release of political prisoners in the country, which has significant oil resources.

Opposition supporters in Almaty, the country’s largest city, gathered in greater numbers to demonstrate in a central square, voicing similar demands: One of two separate protest groups in Almaty was led by activists trying to establish a new opposition party who complained the authorities had disrupted their founding congress by detaining and harassing would-be delegates.

The group’s leader, journalist Zhanbolat Mamay, was detained late on Friday and charged with calling for a public rally not sanctioned by the government – which is illegal in the former Soviet republic of 19 million people: Hundreds of policemen arrived on the scene, easily outnumbering the few dozen activists, and swiftly dispersed the rally.

Police made dozens more arrests at the second protest, bringing the total number of people detained to around 100: At least 18 people were detained at a rally in Nur-Sultan.

Amnesty International Kazakhstan: Dozens detained in a crackdown on peaceful protest

22 February 2020, 12:50 UTC

Kazakhstani authorities must immediately and unconditionally release all peaceful protesters who were arrested during a massive crackdown on demonstrations today, Amnesty International said. At least 70 people were detained in Almaty when protesters took to the streets demanding the registration of opposition parties and an end to the repression of government critics. Denis Krivosheev, Amnesty International’s Deputy Director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia, said:

“Kazakhstan’s already poor human rights record has just got even worse. This cowardly campaign of intimidation against critics shows how badly the government fears freedom of expression.

“The Democratic Party of Kazakhstan, a newly created opposition party, was forced to cancel its founding congress today in response to relentless harassment by the authorities. We are also calling for the release of all those who have been detained simply for expressing support for the Democratic Party and other opposition groups.

“These attempts to crush Kazakhstan’s nascent opposition movement are shameful. Forming a political party is a manifestation of the fundamental human rights to freedom of expression, peaceful assembly and association. Kazakhstan’s authorities must fully respect these rights and release anyone who has been detained in the context of protests or opposition support.”

Background

Some of the detainees align themselves with the unregistered Democratic Party. Its organizing committee announced the cancellation of party’s constituent congress scheduled on 22 February and called on its supporters to take part in peaceful protests. According to the party’s representatives, dozens of its supporters were subjected to harassment and other pressure on the eve of the congress in Almaty and other Kazakhstani cities. At least 23 people were put under administrative arrest under various spurious pretexts.

#AceNewsDesk report …………Published: Feb.22: 2020:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

(MANHATTAN, N.Y.) Court Report: Harvey Weinstein Trial: Jurors at the trial sent the court 10 notes over four days of deliberations — including one note suggesting they may be deadlocked on the two most serious charges, as they break until Monday #AceNewsDesk reports

#AceNewsReport – Feb.22: Judge James Burke asked jurors Friday to try to render verdicts on all counts, something that requires a unanimous vote on each: They deliberated another half hour before breaking until Monday.

Jurors asked Burke whether they could fail to reach a unanimous verdict on Count 1 and/or Count 3 while agreeing on other counts. Count 1 is predatory sexual assault related to Miriam Haley and Annabella Sciorra, and Count 3 is predatory sexual assault related to Jessica Mann and Sciorra. Predatory sexual assault is punishable by up to life in prison.

So far, jurors have deliberated for more than 24 hours, and their questions to the court go to the complexity of the case against the media mogul: The jury has sent in 10 notes since deliberations began Tuesday, and several of the notes have related to Sciorra’s allegations. In one note, jurors asked the court to read aloud a transcript of parts of her testimony, and in another note, they asked to rehear testimony from actress Rosie Perez, who said that Sciorra had told her about the incident.

A source in Weinstein’s team told CNN that he is “cautiously optimistic” but “nervous.” Another source close to the Time’s Up advocacy group that supports survivors of the #MeToo movement in Hollywood told CNN they are “nervous.”

#AceNewsDesk report ………..Published: Feb.22: 2020:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

(JERUSALEM) JUST IN: Israeli police shoot and killed a man that they say was armed with a knife and tried to carryout a stabbing attack on police officers on Saturday a spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said #AceNewsDesk report

#AceNewsReport – Feb.22: Israeli police shot and killed a man who tried to carry out a stabbing attack in the old city of Jerusalem on Saturday, a spokesman said: The suspect was armed with a knife when he came at police officers, said police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld.

Israeli police say they killed a man who attempted a stabbing attack Reuters reports

The identity of the suspected attacker was still being investigated, he said: Israel has heightened security in Jerusalem in recent weeks due to elevated tension in the region after U.S. President Donald Trump unveiled a Middle East Peace plan that Israel has embraced while Palestinians rejected as one sided.

#AceNewsDesk report …………..Published: Feb.22: 2020: Reuters: Reporting by Ari Rabinovitch; Editing by Ros Russell

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

(LONDON) MET Latest Report: #Mosque Park Road Attack: Daniel Horton of no fixed abode has been charged on Friday under section 18-GBH and possession of a bladed article and is due to appear in Westminster Court today Saturday #AceNewsDesk reports

#AceNewsReport – Feb.22: A man has been charged following a stabbing at a mosque in Park Road, NW8: Daniel Horton – 29 (07.06.90), of no fixed abode, was charged with Section 18 GBH and possession of a bladed article on Friday, 21 February.

He is due to appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, 22 February: This follows an incident at approximately 15:10hrs on Thursday, 20 February.

A man, aged in his 70s, was taken to hospital for treatment to stab injuries – he was discharged following treatment: As officers from the Central West Command Unit continue to investigate.

#AceNewsDesk report …………..Published: Feb.22: 2020:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

(NEW MEXICO) JUST IN: Court Lawsuit Report: Attorney General is suing ‘ Google ‘ accusing th e company of illegally collecting personal data from school children on their ‘ Chromebook Laptops ‘ and G-Suite for Education Programme that integrates with Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs and others – are offered for free to more than 60% of students in N.M. according to the lawsuit #AceNewsDesk

#AceNewsReport – Feb.21: The tech giant is alleged to have collected data on which websites pupils visited, passwords, videos watched, contact lists, and other information: The data was allegedly gathered from Google’s Chromebook laptops and G Suite for Education programme: Google disputes the claim, with a spokesman calling it “factually wrong”

Google sued by New Mexico over claims it spies on US students BBCNews

Pupils in California open new Chromebook laptop computersGetty ImagesPupils in California open new Chromebook laptop computers

Google Chromebooks and the G Suite for Education – which includes Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs and others – are offered for free to more than 60% of students in New Mexico, according to the lawsuit:

Attorney General Hector Balderas said Google had failed to get parental consent from children under 13 and collected their data for commercial purposes, in violation of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act: “Student safety should be the number one priority of any company providing services to our children, particularly in schools,” Mr Balderas said in a statement. “Tracking student data without parental consent is not only illegal, it is dangerous.”

“Google should be telling parents that they’re going to stalk and track these children, and under the guise of education,” he added, according to KRQU News in Albuquerque: The lawsuit says that more than 80m teachers and students in the US use Google’s education platform and tools:

Jose Castaneda, a spokesman for Google, said their programme “allows schools to control account access and requires that schools obtain parental consent when necessary”…………..”We do not use personal information from users in primary and secondary schools to target ads,” his statement added.

The attorney general told US media that he had contacted school districts across the state to assure them that there was no imminent threat in continuing to use Google products:

Last year Google reached a $170m (£130m) settlement with the Federal Trade Commission over allegations that it illegally harvested personal data from children on YouTube over using kids’ data to target ads

#AceNewsDesk report ……………Published: Feb.21: 2020:

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com

(AUCKLAND, N.Z.) Full Court Report: Grace Millane Murder Case: Unnamed man has been jailed for a minimum 17y rs in prison for the murder whilst on a ‘ Tinder Date ‘ in December 2018: As her mother Gill ian Millane spoke to the killer via a video-link on how he has made her feel with the loss of her daughter # AceNewsDesk reports

#AceNewsReport – Feb.21: The mother of a woman murdered in New Zealand has told her killer she thinks about “the terror and pain she must have experienced at your hand”……….A 28-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been jailed for life for strangling Grace Millane while on a Tinder date in December 2018:

Grace Millane murder: Mum confronts killer in court

Grace MillaneLucie Blackman TrustGrace Millane, a University of Lincoln graduate, was murdered while travelling in New Zealand

Her mother Gillian Millane told the killer “she died terrified and alone in your room”………………The man was sentenced at Auckland High Court to a minimum of 17 years in jail.

p0844yrw.jpg
Gillian Millane said her daughter “died terrified and alone”

Mrs Millane, speaking to the court via a video-link and next to a picture of her 21-year-old daughter, told the man she had wanted to take her own life because of the pain he had caused her: She said: “Grace wasn’t just my daughter…………She was my friend: My very best friend: “I am absolutely heartbroken that you have taken my daughter’s future and robbed us of so many memories that we were going to create…………………”The tears I shed are never-ending at the thought of never having the chance to kiss my Grace goodbye.”………..Her daughter’s murderer held his head in his hands as he listened to the impact his “barbaric actions” have had on his victim’s family.

#AceNewsDesk report …………..Published: Read Full Court Report and Additional Report Here: Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily/212109 – Ace Daily News, [Feb 21, 2020 at 19:44] OR via Ace Worldwide News Group https://ift.tt/3bXgIu9 AND Telegram: https://t.me/acenewsdaily/212105 – Ace Daily News, [Feb 21, 2020 at 19:17] ‘ I went on a date with Grace Millane’s killer OR via Ace Worldwide News Group https://ift.tt/2PfWkKS

Editor says #AceNewsDesk reports are provided at https://t.me/acenewsdaily and all our posts, links can be found at here Live Feeds https://acenewsroom.wordpress.com/ and thanks for following as always appreciate every like, reblog or retweet and free help and guidance tips on your PC software or need help & guidance from our experts AcePCHelp.WordPress.Com